Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
003C1793-74FB-4EF1-802C-DB325482E47F.gif

IMG_4012.jpeg

Yesterdays press conference Woody defending the vaunted overhyped new defensive system, stating it’s fine, only allowing 1 (one) goal against in the previous 5 games until Minnesota.

IMG_4013.jpeg

Individual mistakes are the problem. Growing pains are the problem. The lines are not the problem. Coaching is not the problem. We’re not playing to our standard or managing the day.

IMG_4015.jpeg

So Jay what is the “standard” exactly?

“Ummmmm, it’s about managing the day!”

What does that even mean?

“It’s about maintaining a standard!”

Soooooo, you don’t really know then…

“Standard maintenance. It’s simple really. And it’s not to blame. It’s allowed only 1 goal all year. It’s all Evan Bouchards fault.”

———————————————————-

:edmonton Projected Lines

1st Line:
Mattias Janmark

The rest:

CF13A930-6763-4D36-8110-A07038A85FA8.gif

Projected defense pairs:

26AD08C5-DD8B-4734-A187-C6467EA4E5F2.gif

Starting goaltender;

9A1A0EC3-3860-455D-BDE2-A93A1B6EC724.gif

———————————————————-

:rangers Projected Lines

Does it really matter?

———————————————————-

GD Music - Deep Purple - Burn

———————————————————-

Fearless Prediction

Oilers pull one out of the fire - 3 - 1!

Then I woke up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Like they said on the Gregor show. No defensive system leaves the front of the net open the way we do. Continued breakdown by the players the past ten years is the problem. Don't think it matters what goalie we'd have in net the way guys can shoot nowadays you give the majority of players time and space and the puck is going in the back of your net.

Was funny I think it was Stauffer during intermission the other day saying Brad Holland targeted Foegele and Hyman because of how they are on the rush and how the Oilers needed this.

What point do we start targeting guys that understand how to play defense?

Interesting point by I think McCurdy yesterday. Saying put Bouchard with Kulak and bump up Desharnais to play with Ekholm. Not just because of Bouchard's play, but because Ekholm is still not up to speed and isn't ready to babysit a high risk player. Problem with that is McCurdy went on to say that Kulak is still probably banged up so to me it makes me wonder what a disaster that could potentially be, but maybe worth trying if we are running 11-7 for the next while

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Tuesday against Minnesota was the first time in years that I've expected the Oilers to lose a game before it started. Today isn't any different. Perhaps it's because there's no "McDavid factor" for the Oilers to pull out a victory.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
We really have to stop running 7 d, its a gong show. Theres no wonder our D looks bad, its the dumbest move a coach could ever do.

Teams usually play 5 d, never 7.

Fire Woody

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
We really have to stop running 7 d, its a gong show. Theres no wonder our D looks bad, its the dumbest move a coach could ever do.

Teams usually play 5 d, never 7.

Fire Woody
Didn't Woodcroft have no choice running 11-7 after McDavid's injury? The Oilers are stuck at a 20-man roster because of the cap and 7 of them are defensemen.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
View attachment 758075

View attachment 758077

Yesterdays press conference Woody defending the vaunted overhyped new defensive system, stating it’s fine, only allowing 1 (one) goal against in the previous 5 games until Minnesota.

View attachment 758079

Individual mistakes are the problem. Growing pains are the problem. The lines are not the problem. Coaching is not the problem. We’re not playing to our standard or managing the day.

View attachment 758080

So Jay what is the “standard” exactly?

“Ummmmm, it’s about managing the day!”

What does that even mean?

“It’s about maintaining a standard!”

Soooooo, you don’t really know then…

“Standard maintenance. It’s simple really. And it’s not to blame. It’s allowed only 1 goal all year. It’s all Evan Bouchards fault.”

———————————————————-

:edmonton Projected Lines

1st Line:
Mattias Janmark

The rest:

View attachment 758082

Projected defense pairs:

View attachment 758083

Starting goaltender;

View attachment 758084

———————————————————-

:rangers Projected Lines

Does it really matter?

———————————————————-

GD Music - Deep Purple - Burn

———————————————————-

Fearless Prediction

Oilers pull one out of the fire - 3 - 1!

Then I woke up.

To paraphrase…“The system is fine. It’s just individual errors and breakdowns within it that are causing issues”

So either he thinks people are idiots and can’t see through his smoke or he truly believes his system and him are perfect and it’s just inferior players that he dealing with.

The narcissism is strong in that one.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Didn't Woodcroft have no choice running 11-7 after McDavid's injury? The Oilers are stuck at a 20-man roster because of the cap and 7 of them are defensemen.
Kinda. They could have easily just sent down Broberg since he isn't doing anything anyway and called up Pederson or Lavoie.

I don't know how the 11-7 doesn't hurt them right now. The team plays the system like they have no chemistry and they probably don't because everyone is playing with someone else every other shift.

It bugs me every time I look at the forward line numbers on NatStatTrick game pages. The other team has four lines listed. The Oilers have like twelve because of all the combinations they end up playing with.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
To paraphrase…“The system is fine. It’s just individual errors and breakdowns within it that are causing issues”

So either he thinks people are idiots and can’t see through his smoke or he truly believes his system and him are perfect and it’s just inferior players that he dealing with.

The narcissism is strong in that one.
Totally. I mean just his childish facial expressions and smirkey smile is obvious this guy shouldn't be taken serious, let alone an NHL coach at that, he just seems proud of himself that he's got the job.

Reactions: Infamousprime

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Totally. I mean just his childish facial expressions and smirkey smile is obvious this guy shouldn't be taken serious, let alone an NHL coach at that, he just seems proud of himself that he's got the job.
This has real "McDavid looks so sad to be drafted by the Oilers" vibes.

People really read too much into the most inane things.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
Phew, I was starting to get worried it was a systems issue. Thank goodness that's not the problem! Season is saved now.

Reactions: rboomercat90

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Kinda. They could have easily just sent down Broberg since he isn't doing anything anyway and called up Pederson or Lavoie.

I don't know how the 11-7 doesn't hurt them right now. The team plays the system like they have no chemistry and they probably don't because everyone is playing with someone else every other shift.

It bugs me every time I look at the forward line numbers on NatStatTrick game pages. The other team has four lines listed. The Oilers have like twelve because of all the combinations they end up playing with.

Its a major issue of not being able to build chemistry with linemates. The other issue is too many players go for long stretches and not touch the ice.

IE if you didnt play in the last 5 min of a period and then you dont play in the first 5 min of the following period youve now sat for over 30mins tough not to get cold

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Except that Woodys demeanour and body language has been long on pomposity, for sometime.

View attachment 758117
View attachment 758118
Okay? Why do we care? People loved when he stood there after the Flames were eliminated.

If the team wins tonight is anyone going to bitch about his body language or whatever? You're looking for reasons to be upset at the coach. At least pick apart the stuff that actually matters.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The problem with sending Broberg down is two fold.

One what happens if you have an injury? Especially when two guys are apparently still not playing 100%.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Okay? Why do we care? People loved when he stood there after the Flames were eliminated.

If the team wins tonight is anyone going to bitch about his body language or whatever? You're looking for reasons to be upset at the coach. At least pick apart the stuff that actually matters.
You seem to care by responding. If you don’t, move along.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Exactly, since he came here everyone was talking about his big dick energy and in love with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad