May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Come on JBB...

tenor.gif

Do it for the chaos

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
With all due respect to Boyle, it would be dumb for us to spend what it would take (a 2nd+?) for a guy like him. Habs aren't a depth forward away from contending.

Gotta agree, wouldn't be good asset management. If I was Montreal I would go into the playoffs and just try to do the best they can with what they have and continue to build threw the draft and free agency not really in a position to to trade futures for a "better playoff result". They just don't have the team this year.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ugh this has Jim Nill written all over it. Devils and Stars have been scouting each other a lot lately and with Hanzal out long term what are we gonna do without a massive guy up front?

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Prior to Pitts trade yesterday I highly wanted GMJR to target him. Great depth player for any team that gets him. I just hope it’s not anyone in the East specifically Washington or Tampa.

Reactions: Tweed

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I would like to see him in a habs jersey

Would be foolish.

If I was Montreal I would go into the playoffs and just try to do the best they can with what they have and continue to build threw the draft and free agency not really in a position to to trade futures for a "better playoff result". They just don't have the team this year.

100% agree there. This year if we make the playoffs, let's just have fun and let's get the kids gain some experience and see who can perform in the run.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
:caps

Insiders were reporting they were looking to bolster their bottom 6 and the 2 teams have some trade history with Marcus Johansson most recently.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Ugh this has Jim Nill written all over it. Devils and Stars have been scouting each other a lot lately and with Hanzal out long term what are we gonna do without a massive guy up front?

Please no. With Hanzal out and Dickinson/Hintz taking over I’m finally liking where we are at with centre depth.

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
This sound like a fletcher under the radar type deal not too expensive not much affect for future and big help down middle. A 2nd plus prospect ?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Riley Nash + 4th Rounder for Boyle and then you can re-sign Boyle in the summer

So for a pending UFA rental that's worth at least a 2nd round pick, you're offering a 4th round pick AND we take on a terrible player who's got 6 points in 50 games earning 2.75m/yr for another 2 seasons?

Even if that were a first round pick i'd probably still decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad