NHL ‘22-‘23 Out of Town Thread VIII: Stanley Cup Final - Panthers vs Golden Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Vegas giving a master class in how to close out a series

Dallas has made it very easy for them, they literally mailed this game in once Benn stepped onto the ice. Deboer gets an F for not having his team prepared to play. It's one thing to lose, but there is no excuse for being this badly outworked and outplayed from the opening whistle.

Reactions: duffy

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
IDK, I thought Superstar Seguin left the building about 4-5 years ago. He doesn't have that explosive first step anymore after a few bad injuries.

The trade was still so lopsided in favor of Dallas, but he’s never been much of a “game breaker”. Both as a Bruin and a Star, he really hasn’t shown much of an ability to put the team on his back. Which in my book is what makes a star. Got to be able to create that spark when team needs it and Seguin has always fallen short in that category IMO

Reactions: BruinDust

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Dallas has made it very easy for them, they literally mailed this game in once Benn stepped onto the ice. Deboer gets an F for not having his team prepared to play. It's one thing to lose, but there is no excuse for being this badly outworked and outplayed from the opening whistle.

Sometimes the legs just won't go anymore. Dallas put in 2 huge efforts to drag themselves back into the series. They've played 2 more games in this playoffs than Vegas. I think now the price is being paid. Really the Stars lost this series with giving up the lead late in game 2 and then their horrible game 3. This is just those chickens finally coming home to roost.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Sometimes the legs just won't go anymore. Dallas put in 2 huge efforts to drag themselves back into the series. They've played 2 more games in this playoffs than Vegas. I think now the price is being paid. Really the Stars lost this series with giving up the lead late in game 2 and then their horrible game 3. This is just those chickens finally coming home to roost.
Agreed.

Dallas was minutes away from the coveted split on the road in Game Two, before Suter's errant giveaway.

The OT goal was ugly, Game Three uglier, and it was too deep a hole.

I feel great for Bruce Cassidy, a great coach and strategist. Vegas hired him quickly after Boston fired him, and he has delivered.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
350238902_175942175141346_33238919947470965_n.jpg

350087850_1257090888514093_3385413138721609566_n.jpg

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The trade was still so lopsided in favor of Dallas, but he’s never been much of a “game breaker”. Both as a Bruin and a Star, he really hasn’t shown much of an ability to put the team on his back. Which in my book is what makes a star. Got to be able to create that spark when team needs it and Seguin has always fallen short in that category IMO

Which is why playing in Boston would have been the best thing for both him and the Bruins, the way Kessel won two cups in Pittsburgh as their third best offensive player after being a failure as the top guy in Toronto.

Anyway...

GO VEGAS GO BRUCE

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Eichel vs. Reinhart. Buffalo fans must be ecstatic :)

Nobody ever thought Bruce wasn't a good coach, but he lost the room. When you lose the room you have to go. Krejci wouldn't have come back. DeBrusk would probably have forced a trade. Who knows who else would have quit on him and maybe Bergeron doesn't come back either. So you can't go "what if Cassidy had not been fired" and assumed that it would all have been better. You just can't.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Nobody ever thought Bruce wasn't a good coach, but he lost the room. When you lose the room you have to go. Krejci wouldn't have come back. DeBrusk would probably have forced a trade. Who knows who else would have quit on him and maybe Bergeron doesn't come back either. So you can't go "what if Cassidy had not been fired" and assumed that it would all have been better. You just can't.

Bingo.

It happens. He lost the room in Washington too. It was time. I wish him well. But I will not be rooting for him.

Go Kitties Go.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Indeed you can't, but what you can say is that the Bruins' players got their way and got the kind of coach they wanted, and then they blew it. While Cassidy has taken his new opportunity and put together a very strong season with a roster that admittedly is very well-suited to his strengths as a coach, and has earned another crack at a Cup. It doesn't make the split any less right or wrong or necessary, but it certainly leaves one party looking better and sitting in a happier place than the other.

That's the way it goes. Cassidy made mistakes in his last year or two in Boston - he's basically admitted as much in a couple of interviews - and it was time for him to depart. But he still seems to me to be a decent enough guy overall, he did a lot of good in Boston and he's clearly a talented coach. So good luck to him. I'm not really fussed who wins out of Vegas and Florida but if it's the Knights I'll say chapeau to Bruce. If he gets his name on the Cup he'll have earned it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
His teams have gone to the same amount of cups and more conference finals than the Bruins have since he has been gone.

He's not the same player after the hip, but he will never be confused with a play-off superstar as you have said. He's not that good at all when the temperature is turned up.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Something has to give

Im going Vegas here because this season is like a Netflix show and with the Bruins getting the All time regular season point record - their disposed former coach will get the last laugh

Im not a big choke user because anyone here who says they never choked is a liar to us and themselves- I don’t even want to get Into my SAT scores and although I was a very good student - definitely not great I can’t tell you how many times I was prepared for a test and mind went blank on a question and didn’t come back till test over

Everyone chokes

So with that Monty choked away what would have been an amazing final

I’d rather Cassidy not win because of the I told you so crowd group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad