NHL ‘22-‘23 Out of Town Thread VIII: Stanley Cup Final - Panthers vs Golden Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This is all correct and a huge indictment on the players not Bruce.
This is 100% accurate. The organization empowering the core players to feel entitled enough to quit on multiple head coaches is also a huge part of the problem. It's embarrassing to say but the legacy of Bergeron/Marchand/Krejci is that they quit on good coaches because they didn't like being told they needed to be better at times. They perennially underachieved given they could have and should have won more than a singular cup. I guess we're lucky they decided to swallow some of their pride in 2011 and at least gave us one.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
This is 100% accurate. The organization empowering the core players to feel entitled enough to quit on multiple head coaches is also a huge part of the problem. It's embarrassing to say but the legacy of Bergeron/Marchand/Krejci is that they quit on good coaches because they didn't like being told they needed to be better at times. They perennially underachieved given they could have and should have won more than a singular cup. I guess we're lucky they decided to swallow some of their pride in 2011 and at least gave us one.
somebody in that room from 11-13 is overlooked as a leader, and i think it was Ference

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well it certainly wasn't Chara since he was more of a lead by example on the ice guy like Bergeron is.
Chara was an everyone gets a say guy. Even rookies. Guys like Thornton and Ference hated that and gave them a hard time. Bergeron also had his group, mostly as a teacher the Thornton book is really pretty good. To me it shows you that’s it’s ok to have different cliques in the locker room that all push each other instead of the kumbaya don’t hold anyone accountable Bruins you have now, from the owner on down.

Reactions: LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Let's keep this thread on topic please. Want to discuss Bruce's job as the Vegas coach, fine. But let's not rehash his time in Boston, or Boston's playoff woes in this thread. Thanks.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It’s the players not the coach. It’s a hard truth to swallow since some of these guys won a cup in 2011, but there has been fatal flaws in the core for years since. They will go down as some of the greatest Bruin players of all time, but I would say they still managed to underachieve as a team since then.

Some CORE guys are old and have too much mileage for playoffs. The younger CORE guys haven’t developed leadership skills yet. That dynamic needs to change or they will continue this same cycle of good regular seasons and disappointing playoff results

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The coaches they played for finished top 4 in career games coached for the organization. To say these players burned through coaches is just silly.

Bruce did what he could but didn't have any more solutions for this group and just about everyone knew it. They're looking good for Vegas though and it's good to see everyone eating crow on Eichel . . . oh what could have been. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad