NHL ‘22-‘23 Out of Town Thread V: Trade Deadline has passed, teams jockey for position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well... so did the Bruins lol
Ironically that bad loss in Chicago caused Bergie to hold a players-only meeting

1681189939646.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Florida is screwed lol, they have 1 game left and it's against Carolina, Islanders play Montreal, Penguins play Chicago & Columbus.

I'm not posting standing #'s cuz you all either know or can look it up in 2 seconds and know what I mean.

Why should Florida be screwed? It's very simple for them - win their last game and they qualify. In that sense their destiny is still entirely in their own hands. Sure it's against the Canes, 2nd overall in the league. But Carolina's recent form has been very patchy (they've lost 7 of their last 11), the Panthers have already beaten them before this season, and the game's in Florida.

It won't be easy, especially with the Canes needing to defend their top spot in the Metro, but it can be done. I'd still marginally rather be a Panthers fan than an Islanders one, simply because the wildcard spot is theirs to lose. If they fall short then it's on them.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Why should Florida be screwed? It's very simple for them - win their last game and they qualify. In that sense their destiny is still entirely in their own hands. Sure it's against the Canes, 2nd overall in the league. But Carolina's recent form has been very patchy (they've lost 7 of their last 11), the Panthers have already beaten them before this season, and the game's in Florida.

It won't be easy, especially with the Canes needing to defend their top spot in the Metro, but it can be done. I'd still marginally rather be a Panthers fan than an Islanders one, simply because the wildcard spot is theirs to lose. If they fall short then it's on them.
Because Carolina will actually be playing for something.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Well... so did the Bruins lol
The Hawks weren't totally comitted to losing every game a month ago when they played the B's, and couldn't resist the temptation to give their best effort against the top team (while the Bruins played like crap)

..but they were definitely in lose mode when they beat the Flames 4-3 a few days ago, (because Calgary played like crap)

The Flames just were not consistent enough this season and can only blame themselves for not making the playoffs...because if you play like crap you can lose to crap

Last edited:

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC

I really hope that Florida or Buffalo don't make it in. I feel like we know what the Pens and Islanders are. Florida had a rough season, but they're insanely talented and trail only the Bruins in GF. Buffalo has that youthful 'I don't know any better' and seem to have a little spark with Levi.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Oilers 7 wins in a row
Kraken and Avs 5 wins in a row
Stars 4 wins in a row

Absolutely nuts out there. So many seedings going down to the last game.

Of the top 4 teams in each division, 7/8 of the top teams in the West (8/9 if you include the Preds) won their most recent game. 2/8 of the top teams in the East won their most recent game.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well why let inconvenient things like facts get in the way when it's apparent that the league loves Boston, don't ya know

Anyone who thinks the bruins have the league in their pocket clearly did not watch the 2019 finals

Even if you feel the argument can’t be made that calls went in favor of the blues, what you can definitely say is that the calls were not made in Boston’s favor. Game 5 being the best example.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If Calgary are smart, they will trade Huberdeau this off-season. It will not be easy, but it would be best for both him and the team. Washington might be a good spot, but they do not have much to give. Minnesota or the NYR would be other possibilities.
They'll try a new coach. Huberdeau is a legit good player, I don't know what's going on there. There is the chance he cashed in and quit but I tend to think that you have to want to win to get that good at hockey.

But it definitely won't be an easy offseason. If it continues to fall apart, Lindholm would look mighty good in Black and Gold in a year or so.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They'll try a new coach. Huberdeau is a legit good player, I don't know what's going on there. There is the chance he cashed in and quit but I tend to think that you have to want to win to get that good at hockey.

But it definitely won't be an easy offseason. If it continues to fall apart, Lindholm would look mighty good in Black and Gold in a year or so.
Funny thing is Sutter just signed an extension that doesn't even kick in until next year. And Calgary is one of the poorest teams in the league. Not sure how they can eat that.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Funny thing is Sutter just signed an extension that doesn't even kick in until next year. And Calgary is one of the poorest teams in the league. Not sure how they can eat that.
It's either they eat that or the $84 million they're paying Huberdeau.

Coach's contracts are also weird, there is no standard agreement so you never know what's guaranteed and what's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad