Über Creative Filip Forsberg Assist

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Great play by Forsberg, but what in the hell is Pouliot doing behind the net? lol

It was a nice play by Forsberg but the bigger story there was just how bad that was defensively by Vancouver.

Edler gives it away at the blueline and then Pouliot just swipes at the puck instead of getting a body on Forsberg allowing him to skate right through.

2 bad plays led to that goal.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
haven't seen a goalie lose their mind like that in a while.. got his money's worth that's for sure
It was a frustrating game for him. At one point he got peppered with about 6 shots in a minute span. When the puck finally trickled in front of him he quickly froze it and then slung it out toward center ice in frustration. Nilsson didn't get much help. He looked awesome against us a few weeks ago when the Canucks beat us in Nashville.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It was a frustrating game for him. At one point he got peppered with about 6 shots in a minute span. When the puck finally trickled in front of him he quickly froze it and then slung it out toward center ice in frustration. Nilsson didn't get much help. He looked awesome against us a few weeks ago when the Canucks beat us in Nashville.
yeah i can imagine things start getting pretty old at around shot 40, much less 48

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
yeah i can imagine things start getting pretty old at around shot 40, much less 48

The shots only tell half the story. A significant portion of those shots were high quality. Nilsson was justifiable upset with his teams defense.

Although that Subban goal certainly didn't help the cause...

Here is what I said in the GDT last night about this goal:
I didn't realize it in real time but that was actually an amazing play by Forsberg.

Even if you ignore the pass, that move was amazing. I think the play got overlooked because the Canucks were a tire fire the whole 3rd period.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
This is one of the best assists I've seen in years. Thinking maybe some folks are missing just how incredible of a play it was.

Put it on 25% speed and watch it again... that's an unbelievable thing to do at game speed.

Agreed. Parts of that are the kind of thing you see in drills, but usually with a stationary object. That’s really damn impressive at game speed, against an actual NHL opponent.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
I wonder if John Garrett would have acknowledged the skill there if a Canuck had done it instead of just blandly talking about it as a defensive error.

I dunno... I thought he really captured the brilliance and excitement of the play when he said "Anders Nilsson goes out and Forsberg, kinda just going through the crease, takes the stick away, and it's the wide open net".

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I dunno... I thought he really captured the brilliance and excitement of the play when he said "Anders Nilsson goes out and Forsberg, kinda just going through the crease, takes the stick away, and it's the wide open net open net".
If only he could've been paired with Bob Cole.

"And that pass is picked off and cleared down by the Nashville player. The Canucks in the offensive zone slump their shoulders as they head to the bench for a change after another failed attemp..... and.... they scored?! Smith, I think it was..... the Nashville player skating down the centre of the ice, somehow had an open net, and it's 7-1 Predators. Ooooooh baby." Cue John Garrett's description. Magic.

Anyway, that always bugs me. Regardless of whose broadcast team you're on, people are watching hockey for entertainment, and brilliant, entertaining plays should be acknowledged.

Reactions: JFG and Smart Alek

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
loui-eriksson-derp.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad