Ã…berg, Arvidsson & Ironhook

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
I see them playing hockey in both Milwaukee and Nashville. Some will play the majority for the Ads and some for the Preds. All will contribute to their respective teams on some level. None will be "impact" players this season, but Arvidsson probably has the most potential to get there quickest.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jarnkrok has the easiest path and it shocks me so many are ready to give up. He still has a ton if potential

I think that's largely because we seem to have so many forwards stuck in Milwaukee behind him and Bouquet that people are of a mindset that they need to either get really good, really fast, or get out of the way

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Hook just does not have the potential that Faila, Ã…berg, Arvidsson. All thee without a doubt will get a look this year. I expect Arvdsson to make the team first followed by Faila before the end of this season and Ã…berg to be bought in at the end of the year. Ã…berg will have to earn a roster spot in camp in 2016 if not he will make the team later in the year.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Aberg isn't gonna' see Nash this year unless we have a rash of injuries, or we really suck.

Hook is a lock, and he's not going down unless we absolutely give up on him; it's not his "game" that's the problem, it's his size, and maybe a bit of lack of offensive aggressiveness.

Arvy. I think for this year, it probably depends on how the other guys look in camp - Watson, Fiala, and Moses (who is not on the roster according to the website) - rather than he himself. I don't think we're going to sit a "skill" guy who can still learn at Milw, so I believe we want Watson to make the roster, regardless of his 2way deal for this year, which makes BorkBork #13. Leaves one spot on the 3rd - I think Fiala gets it if he shows he can play reasonable D; I think Moses is next in line, with Arvy last. Outside chance that, if Watson falls flat on his face, we keep Arvy, but only if he's gonna' start instead of Borky on the 4th. I think Arvy ends up starting in Milw and ends up first or 2nd call-up.

Arvy has got the most potential offensive upside, but I'm not quite ready to say Hook isn't gonna' turn out to be a nice 2way 2/3C, with 17/35 upside and a solid 40+ guy.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Hook just does not have the potential that Faila, Ã…berg, Arvidsson. All thee without a doubt will get a look this year. I expect Arvdsson to make the team first followed by Faila before the end of this season and Ã…berg to be bought in at the end of the year. Ã…berg will have to earn a roster spot in camp in 2016 if not he will make the team later in the year.

I would argue against that. IMO unless Fiala just flat out bombs in camp, he is a lock on the roster. This is based on comments that Poile and Laviolette have made about him since the off-season has begun, including development camp. Arvidsson will only be on this team during injury cases or if a trade frees a roster spot.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Aberg isn't gonna' see Nash this year unless we have a rash of injuries, or we really suck.

Hook is a lock, and he's not going down unless we absolutely give up on him; it's not his "game" that's the problem, it's his size, and maybe a bit of lack of offensive aggressiveness.

Arvy. I think for this year, it probably depends on how the other guys look in camp - Watson, Fiala, and Moses (who is not on the roster according to the website) - rather than he himself. I don't think we're going to sit a "skill" guy who can still learn at Milw, so I believe we want Watson to make the roster, regardless of his 2way deal for this year, which makes BorkBork #13. Leaves one spot on the 3rd - I think Fiala gets it if he shows he can play reasonable D; I think Moses is next in line, with Arvy last. Outside chance that, if Watson falls flat on his face, we keep Arvy, but only if he's gonna' start instead of Borky on the 4th. I think Arvy ends up starting in Milw and ends up first or 2nd call-up.

Arvy has got the most potential offensive upside, but I'm not quite ready to say Hook isn't gonna' turn out to be a nice 2way 2/3C, with 17/35 upside and a solid 40+ guy.

I would add it was his usage as well. If he adds some weight over the summer, I expect that plus playing on the third line with actual skilled linemates over the revolving door that was Jokinen/Santorelli/Bourque/Nystrom/Stalberg/Roy/Beck to drastically improve his performance.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
As I said in the other thread I think Jarnkrok will get this season to prove he deserves to be here. If he plays well he stays, if not then he will be gone.

Fiala and Arvidsson's fates will be determined more by what others do in camp. They allow the team flexibility without needing to get rid of someone.

I think short of Moses falling flat on his face in camp that he will be given a shot to prove he belongs in the NHL.

The day they signed Hodgson, Jarnkrok's leash got much shorter. If he comes out and plays very well and they decide they want to give him a longer deal, they won't feel the need to have Jarnkrok for the center depth.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Aberg should main stay not this season but next. I'm convinced he's gonna be really good.

Arvidsson I could see starting in MIL and then becoming a guy that could stick on the big club after his call up....(waiving Nystrom or Bourque)

Jarnkrok is see starting in Nashville with thin ice giving way to chances for Aberg and Moses to show what they can do since I expect Jarny to start on the wing.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
How has Arvidsson and Jarnkrok looked?

Arvidsson has looked like a rookie has got mauled a bit which is a concern. Scored his first on a fluke play.

Jarnkrok well the coach is looking for a place for the guy is about all I can say. He has done nothing that stands out.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I'm convinced Aberg is going to be really good as well. I think he'll come up this year and then be a main stay next year. Fiala and Moses are still sure to come up.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
So that explains why he was benched.

Actually he was rotated out to insert Watson who had not played a gamw yet this year. Its not uncommon to sit rookies in the pressbox to watch a game every so often so Arvidsson will be back in the lineup. Its too early for them to just give up on him right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad