ZZZ... Oh we won. Habs win 2-1 vs Canes

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
I heard Ron Fournier explained why Paccioretty was so upset and didn't go on ice for the 3rd star tonight. Anyone can relay the info?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
P.K's been crucified by the Montreal media for less.

Less than what ? What are you talking about?

This city is crazy , this team is 15-4-2 , but all we hear is this sucks and that sucks :laugh:

Pacioretty didn't get on the ice for his 3rd star and it's the end of the world , the whole postgame on tsn690 was about how he's a bad captain and we should get rid of him :facepalm:

That tweet was to explain that there was a confusion going on , that's why he didn't step on the ice. Not because he didn't wanted to go for a skate...

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Subban's pitiful replacement has been responsible for a lot of the Habs' goals since the beginning of the season. I didn't notice P.K.'s absence from the lineup. Where is he playing now?

get25

Oct 17, 2015
The Habs really need to shore up that defense.

Markov while the skill and smarts are there his legs are not.

Barberio was shaky at first and got skated around with ease a few times, but seemed to settle his game down in the second half of the game.

Pateryn played a simple and smart game. Exactly what his role should be.

Petry seems like he is struggling handling the puck lately.

Emelin has a hard time dumping it out or getting the pass out.

Overall I find Weber and Pateryn were really solid tonight and made it easier on defense.

It's known that the Habs need a top 4 LHD who moves the puck and can skate. beaulieu I don't think is going to be that guy. He has the mobility but not fully there with the smarts. I said it before and saying it now, not for Price's sake, but our defense will continue to keep becoming sluggish more and more each passing game where we get outshot where we are chasing in the defensive zone. Part of its due to the offensive lines not having a lot of offensive time in the offensive zone.

Overall Bergevin should go and get that LHD sooner rather than later and get the engine going for the team. The offense we can add the pieces later as those forwards that are struggling can still get out of the slump, but you can't really break out of getting overworked and tired on defense besides being scratched with is not an option for the top 4 right now.
Beaulieu has the skills. He can move the puck and skate.
He needs more time.

For now, he is on the Bottom-2 pairing.
But given his puck moving skills and skating/mobility, he could very well be a top-2 in one or two years.
Anyway, who do we have that is better than him on bottom-6 LHD?
At 23, Emelin scored 1G-6A in KHL. That was 5 or 6 years after we drafted him.
Two years later he was a playing every game in NHL.

I think we have pretty good defense. It could be better but Weber and Markov are pretty good duo to start. Seems better than Pittsburgh's defense.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Expect more games like this. Boring or not but it's how this team is designed to win. I am impressed with Carolina's speed and puck battle though... Habs didn't have much space at all last night!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Pretty good game, Carolina has been good lately so it was nice to get the win.

We could've had a couple more goals but Ward made some good saves.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Pacioretty not going on the ice due to presumed confusion should receive... no importance whatsoever. That's what happens when there are too much people being paid to report things.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Well PK would go out whether he was called or not. Kiss a couple players, do a few face washes, and give away a few of his brand hats and tshirts, :tvhappy:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Beaulieu has the skills. He can move the puck and skate.
He needs more time.

For now, he is on the Bottom-2 pairing.
But given his puck moving skills and skating/mobility, he could very well be a top-2 in one or two years.
Anyway, who do we have that is better than him on bottom-6 LHD?
At 23, Emelin scored 1G-6A in KHL. That was 5 or 6 years after we drafted him.
Two years later he was a playing every game in NHL.

I think we have pretty good defense. It could be better but Weber and Markov are pretty good duo to start. Seems better than Pittsburgh's defense.

In a cap league the Canadiens D is decent enough. Every team in the nhl has a third pair they try hide in the play offs. Or late in games.

Its down the middle where the habs are as shallow as puppys' pee puddle.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I didn't even realize Pacioretty didn't come onto the ice. It's such a non-issue, and I can't believe that people are upset by it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Less than what ? What are you talking about?

Less than what Patch is showing this season. I defended Patch many time and but this season i can't. There's just no reason to defend him. The was he is acting on the ice he should be traded soon if there's a good offer on the table.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Less than what Patch is showing this season. I defended Patch many time and but this season i can't. There's just no reason to defend him. The was he is acting he should be traded soon if there's a good offer on the table.

How about a one-for-one swap -- Pacioretty for Toronto's Zamboni driver. That guy ALWAYS comes onto the ice at the perfect time. Time to fill that gaping hole in our roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad