Zykov suspended 20 games PED

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Wondering who Zeke worked with over the summer. VGK trainers? Others with VGK ties? Anyone who also had ties to Schmidt?

If yes, and I'm George, I'd have them into the office and open a can or two.

I know we don't have all the details. And we can't know where all the truth lies. Likely never will. But it certainly is a bad look, at the least, for the VGKs. If any other team, I'd jump right on the "they're cheaters" bandwagon. Hate to think that of the Knights, but I'm a naturally suspicious and cynical person. And it does have me wondering now.

Too bad.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wondering who Zeke worked with over the summer. VGK trainers? Others with VGK ties? Anyone who also had ties to Schmidt?

I know we don't have all the details. And we can't know where all the truth lies. Likely never will. But it certainly is a bad look, at the least, for the VGKs. If any other team, I'd jump right on the "they're cheaters" bandwagon. Hate to think that of the Knights, but I'm a naturally suspicious and cynical person. And it does have me wondering now.

Too bad.

Marchessault, Reaves, Engelland were all skating with Zykov this summer.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Too bad.
He has done supplements for 4 years, so it doesn't matter who he worked with, this started in either LA or when he came to Carolina.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Maybe this is why Stone had so much roid rage :sarcasm:

I was thinking in terms of trainers, strength/conditioning coaches, etc.

Well they probably all were available to players during the summer.

Plus specialty trainers like Gary Roberts.

But if Zykov's been taking this stuff for 3-4 years he brought his own supply.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I wouldn't even be giving this so much thought if not for the Schmidt thing. Could be coincidence. Or something else going on.

It's pro sports, 90% of them are doing something to gain a competitive edge. The difference is the guys who get caught aren't staying ahead of the latest testing techniques. Or they're too dumb/arrogant to believe they're going to get busted.

Reactions: Vegas07

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Didn't sound like he was backed into a corner, and I don't really get your point either.
Defending himself against the suspension. That he didn't do anything wrong intentionally. Trying to save his spot with the VGKs or even somewhere else in the league. That is being backed into a corner. And by accounts so far, looks like he's done with the Knights.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I remember for awhile last year there seemed to be more Pirri fans on here than Smith fans , which totally astounded me .
I got an earlier start than you in seeing people constantly campaigning for Pirri to get called up cause of his AHL numbers. As someone who saw him in Anaheim, I knew what those numbers meant to any NHL career he could have.

Even that hot streak he had last year was a mirage. If he's not in the right place at the right time to utilize his shot, he's an otherwise useless hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad