Recalled/Assigned: Zykov on waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's a guy whose bread and butter is causing chaos in the crease, jumping on rebounds. Our team doesn't generate them.

Reactions: Mez

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
. .... Wat

They brushed Aberg aside because Mclellan didn't like him, gave him no chance to continue with Draisaitl in the preseason so of course he failed playing with plugs in the bottom 6.

They pick Zykov up as a potential goal scorer and gave a revolving door of wingers opportunities on the top 2 lines yet Zykov never got a sniff. Yet in the same token, Rattie keeps getting opportunities on the top line despite doing little with it. It's just weird that they pick this guy up and give him no opportunity whatsoever. The whole Canadian thing is hyperbole, just frustration on my part.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
He looked pretty good in one game I thought he would work out. I wonder if anyone will grab him or is he Bakersfield bound.

Reactions: noice

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They brushed Aberg aside because Mclellan didn't like him, gave him no chance to continue with Draisaitl in the preseason so of course he failed playing with plugs in the bottom 6.

They pick Zykov up as a potential goal scorer and gave a revolving door of wingers opportunities on the top 2 lines yet Zykov never got a sniff. Yet in the same token, Rattie keeps getting opportunities on the top line despite doing little with it. It's just weird that they pick this guy up and give him no opportunity whatsoever. The whole Canadian thing is hyperbole, just frustration on my part.
Aberg being waived was Abergs fault. Every right winger busted their ass in camp, fighting for a job, Aberg floated around.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Aberg being waived was Abergs fault. Every right winger busted their ass in camp, fighting for a job, Aberg floated around.

Yes but he never got an opportunity to play with skill in preseason. Some guys can play in the bottom 6 and be successful, he clearly needed to play with skill.

In any event, I wouldn't be surprised if Zykov also succeeded elsewhere with better opportunity. There's clearly some skill with this player, he just needs some opportunity.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Almost speechless on this one. An addon that I thought was interesting. Never even got much of an opportunity unless it was being glued to somebody like Spooner or in bottomsix. Would have to have scored from the bench or pressbox here in Petr Klima fashion to have found any home here.

Meanwhile Ryan Spooner gets in the lineup limitless times because our illustrious GM traded for him, gave a player asset up, and Spooner HAS to look good. Politics is the only reason Spooner in the lineup and Zykov waived. Or Rattie being scratched lots of games.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There is reason he was waived in the first place. That and considering there are spots here one has to think he just doesn't do enough in practice to get into coaches good books.

Also everyone saying rattie is getting chances. You do realize he wasn't hitchs favourite in stl?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Play him 6 minutes a game playing 4th line and have him sitting g out for like 4 games there was no real opportunity here for him and our team has horrible wingers this one is on the coach again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Play him 6 minutes a game playing 4th line and have him sitting g out for like 4 games there was no real opportunity here for him and our team has horrible wingers this one is on the coach again.
Or maybe just maybe these guys are useless and have lazy habits that all coaches can't stand

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I was expecting to see him in the top6 for at least a few games or beside a skilled player.
Pretty dissapointing, I hope he doesn't get claimed. But I could see the Canes claiming him and sending him down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad