News Article: Zuccarello: “I'm just waiting for it [trade] to happen”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Zucc could just do what Vrbata did for a while, get traded and re-sign with his former team at the end of the season.
There’s really no point to re-signing him, out RW should be set soon once Kravtsov comes over and we have Buch there, it’s better off just parting ways with Zucc at this point

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I will admit, he definitely seems out of place.

The injury doesn't help, but there's this underlying feeling like he's a holdover from a different era. It's weird because there are other guys who have been here longer, and yet it feels more obvious with Zucc.

He's deep into the high risk type of plays that aren't meshing as well with the new coaches style of play.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

The injury doesn't help, but there's this underlying feeling like he's a holdover from a different era. It's weird because there are other guys who have been here longer, and yet it feels more obvious with Zucc.

The overtly tight-knit group during the best years the Rangers had were Zuccarello, Brassard and Hagelin, among others. Now that's shifted to Kreider, Zibanejad, and others. It feels like Zuccarello is somewhat left out of that, even if that isn't really true. (How would we really know?)

I have a friend going through something like this right now. She is the store manager of a retail store that usually has about 15-20 people employed. Her, I and several other people were a close group of friends, and have remained friends as most of us have moved on from the company and others have transferred. She's still there and is nowhere near as close with anyone else who works there as she was/is with the rest of us. She finds it very strange to be there now, without being surrounded by the friends. It's a weird group dynamics thing where there are almost different iterations of close-knit groups within the group, even if some of the people stay the same. The holdovers are often a little out of place.

Reactions: jas and egelband

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If you don't understand my point I'll leave it there...

But I'll tell you guys a little bit more about myself. I'm a close friend of Mats, I've known him since school days in Norway.

Anyway, with the likely departure of Zuccarello soon, it will also mean the departure of Webster on this board.
I'll have to move with him to his new team ;)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Zucc will have an issue with any coach who wants his players to get shots on net rather than pass.

Eh I mean there are always guys who overpass in the league. His big problem is that he likes to try to make really low probability plays that when they work look like magic but when they don't it's just him throwing the puck away. I think AV kind of encouraged that kind of stuff since he was really big on cross ice passes etc etc

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Simply put, Zucc is an AV type player. Not a Quinn type. I’m sure major league GMs are aware and for some teams he would have a lot of value. Not sure which teams are still playing that way but i assume there are such teams.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I get this sense too. Of course, there's the added element that the writing is clearly on the wall that he'll be gone within a couple of months - his play/demeanor reflect that.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I get this sense too. Of course, there's the added element that the writing is clearly on the wall that he'll be gone within a couple of months - his play/demeanor reflect that.

I dunno about his demeanor but I think his play was just the usual "slump" play that he's gone through in the past. He wasn't playing his best but it wasn't anything we haven't seen before in his game.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Zucc could just do what Vrbata did for a while, get traded and re-sign with his former team at the end of the season.

I wasn’t keen on the idea of bringing back the likes of Nash or Grabner when they were moved, and feel the same about Zuccarello when he gets moved. He’s not a part of the new leadership being developed and he probably no longer fits in the top six.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Edmonton sounds like a possible destination, I wouldn't mind watching Zucc on a line with McDavid.

Pittsburgh is another one, he'd like to go back to Brassard of course. And Crosby struggles a bit this season, Zucc feeding him pucks should help.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Edmonton sounds like a possible destination, I wouldn't mind watching Zucc on a line with McDavid.

Pittsburgh is another one, he'd like to go back to Brassard of course. And Crosby struggles a bit this season, Zucc feeding him pucks should help.

But will Zucc be happy in two dump cities like this??????????????

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
But will Zucc be happy in two dump cities like this??????????????

That's a valid question. But it shouldn't be a problem only for 3-4 years, focus on hockey. And I'm pretty sure he won't sell his apartment in NYC, he'll probably head back here when there are a few days off.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

No offense, and I know you aren’t saying this, but Zucc has absolutely no say on where he gets traded. I’m gonna miss the crap out of the guy, but Gorton has zero restrictions and minimal cap constraints when it comes to this trade.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Well that's your opinion...

I said he doesn't mind a trade anymore, that's a huge difference. As Kvatningen wrote, trading Zucc against his wishes could end up a PR disaster for the Rangers. When Zucc says he's fine with a trade they should avoid this problem.

You underestimate the power of the fans. If you think HFNYR (where a lot of people seem to hate Zucc) reflects the majority of fans you're dead wrong.
I get the feeling that trading Zucc will be addition by subtraction as it pertains specifically to HF NYR

But I'll tell you guys a little bit more about myself. I'm a close friend of Mats, I've known him since school days in Norway.

Anyway, with the likely departure of Zuccarello soon, it will also mean the departure of Webster on this board.

Well shit...you just saying it removes the impact of me predicting it dammit!

That's actually kinda cute and nice that you're his loyal buddy. Explains a lot about your Zucc related posts. It's usually not your Zucc posts that aggravate people though.

Reactions: apoptygma

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'd really hate to see him go but at this point, I think it’s probably better for both sides to just part ways.

With that said, the way this management group rewards players for “what if’s” as opposed to what they’ve actually accomplished for this organization is beyond pathetic..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

I don't blame you man but I'll be following Zucca's status where ever he ends up.

Hope he gets that cup..

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well that's your opinion...

I said he doesn't mind a trade anymore, that's a huge difference. As Kvatningen wrote, trading Zucc against his wishes could end up a PR disaster for the Rangers. When Zucc says he's fine with a trade they should avoid this problem.

You underestimate the power of the fans. If you think HFNYR (where a lot of people seem to hate Zucc) reflects the majority of fans you're dead wrong.

Saying "that's your opinion" and then follow it up with an opinion. Classic

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I think the market for Zucc is shallower then it will be for Kevin Hayes. Size factors, as does position. True Centers always have more value, especially ones with size.

T think the asking price should be...
Maybe 1st in 2019, plus a B prospect or bottom 6 winger.
Or in a Brassard-like move a deal for a younger player who is either a reclamation project or maybe a younger player with more term.

Maybe something like...

Zucc to Edmonton along with 2019 2nd or 3rd
For
Edmontons 1st Lotto protected and Zach Kassian

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I suspected this, which Is why I asked you on more than one occasion if you'll leave when Zucc is traded.
#confirmed

Thank Zucc for us. He was a fan favorite for a long time. But as others have stated, everything comes to an end eventually.

Now, before you leave, tell us all the insider **** you know about this team.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think the market for Zucc is shallower then it will be for Kevin Hayes. Size factors, as does position. True Centers always have more value, especially ones with size.

Or in a Brassard-like move a deal for a younger player who is either a reclamation project or maybe a younger player with more term.

Maybe something like...

For

I don't want the pick potentially delayed. We need the extra pick this year.

Also, Kassian isn't a good target at all.

Edit: And I didn't even notice that we're giving up an extra pick. Zuccarello is worth more than the 1st + Kassian alone.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Maybe something like...

For

That seems like a really bad deal for the Rangers

Edmonton sucks and will almost definitely be in the lottery but they get to protect their pick, get a 2nd or 3rd and by far the best player in the deal, and Kassian ultimately sucks bad and isn't worth anything.

That's just a bad deal for the Rangers

Reactions: jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: