Value of: Zuc + Vlad for a top 4 lefty

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Either they should be traded for picks and younger players or packaged for a top 4 dman on the younger side. Any players come to mind and is that enough for that caliber of a player?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
We don't really need another dman to right now, if anything we should just sign a filler UFA for a year
We have Skjei, Staal, Smith, Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov, O Gara, Gilmour even Crawley/Day. These guys are all LHD. Lindgren should push for an NHL spot next season (he's looked great in the AHL but probably needs one more year there) same with Hajek. I'd rather just give Smith a shot again and then let the young guys compete for a spot.
I'd rather have a winger prospect in return or just picks (mid first for Zucc) (high-mid 2nd for Vladdy)

Reactions: Rangers_23

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How effective is Namestnikov as a C? Maybe this is a better question posed to TBL fans because his production was brutal as a NYR. I know his numbers with TBL this year were boosted playing next to Stamkos and Kuch but years prior he was a 30-35 pt guy (I am guessing as a 3-4 fringe C not with the best line mates)...also what are his contract expectations?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
We need RHD, not LHD.
We don’t need either honestly unless the D we’re getting has 1D potential. We don’t have many RHD but it’s pretty much set for a while with Shatty-Pionk-Deangelo (assuming the last two continue progressing) we should also draft a D as our first pick this year anyway and maybe pick up another with another of our firsts. All we need are elite players or at least a top pairing D (which hopefully Skjei can be)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We don’t need either honestly unless the D we’re getting has 1D potential. We don’t have many RHD but it’s pretty much set for a while with Shatty-Pionk-Deangelo (assuming the last two continue progressing) we should also draft a D as our first pick this year anyway and maybe pick up another with another of our firsts. All we need are elite players or at least a top pairing D (which hopefully Skjei can be)

Shatty, 2 guys who have yet to prove they are every day dmen on a good team, and no one behind them. We need RHD. Yes, we particularly need one who can play on the top pair, but I wouldn't be against a top 4 guy either. If that's our right side, our defense is going to suck.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Not sure how much you're going to get for a 31 year old pending UFA and a 40-something point RFA looking for a payday. Most top 4 D are going to cost you more than that

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Shatty, 2 guys who have yet to prove they are every day dmen on a good team, and no one behind them. We need RHD. Yes, we particularly need one who can play on the top pair, but I wouldn't be against a top 4 guy either. If that's our right side, our defense is going to suck.
Pionk will be a top 4 dman and in his limited time he looked very good offensively and defensively. Let him develop and ADA also looked real good before he was injured. I think we’ll grab a RHD with 8th overall anyway (Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard) we cant just trade away assets that can get us picks for the future for things we don’t really need RIGHT NOW. People want to rush this rebuild so quickly but you’re supposed to let it just play out (see Leafs, Jets) Id rather have the 1st(+?) we get for Zucc and a 2nd(+?) we get for Vladdy to address that issue instead of a short term fix. You aren’t getting a young top 4 dman for both anyway might as well try and draft one

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Pionk will be a top 4 dman and in his limited time he looked very good offensively and defensively. Let him develop and ADA also looked real good before he was injured. I think we’ll grab a RHD with 8th overall anyway (Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard) we cant just trade away assets that can get us picks for the future for things we don’t really need RIGHT NOW. People want to rush this rebuild so quickly but you’re supposed to let it just play out (see Leafs, Jets) Id rather have the 1st(+?) we get for Zucc and a 2nd(+?) we get for Vladdy to address that issue instead of a short term fix. You aren’t getting a young top 4 dman for both anyway might as well try and draft one

I didn't say anything about rushing the rebuild or trading away assets for quick fixes. I just said that a right side defense of Shatty, Pionk and ADA would suck and we absolutely need RHD. Shatty isn't a top pair dman. Pionk might be a top 4, but let's see him play games that actually matter before we get ahead of ourselves. ADA still needs to prove that he's an NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad