Post-Game Talk: ZOOMERS CRUSH THE BOOMERS

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
today proved why you need some lefty shots on the PP.

IT CHANGES THE ENTIRE DYNAMIC. Becomes less predictable and harder to defend.
Agreed we can't have all righty on PP1 and all lefty on PP2. If Strome misses time that would be great to get Kakko there.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I saw him win a bunch of FOs last night. Was he really that bad?

As far as being the worst, i'm just being dramatic. He may be getting better, but it's easier to notice all the important o-zone faceoffs he loses. He was centering PP1 last night, so losing those draws really stood out to me.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The Isles are known to be a very disciplined and structured team. They were 29th in penalty minutes last year. And rarely out of position. Very hard team to play against.

But there was a stretch last night, in the 2nd period that lasted 7 and a half minutes of uninterrupted play (watch below). No icings, no offsides, no penalties, no stoppages at all. And you kind of expect that from a disciplined team, but certainly not from the youngest team in the league. I think that showed the growth and tremendous maturity of our youngsters. And in a preseason game no less! Teams need to be in midseason form to pull something like that off. To keep the high pace up for that long a stretch without a whistle, was nothing short of amazing.

I might be making too much of this, but I think this team has made great strides. They want to be a team like the Isles that is hard to play against. And it certainly looked like the Isles had a tough time dealing with us.

I am excited to see if they can keep playing aggressively.

See you guys Wednesday at Tinordi and Wilson's dinner date. LOL!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad