Zherdev Gonna Play This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Wooderson said:
Can anyone confirm/deny, give some indication of his chances of playing in Columbus this season ?

Thanks...

It now appears pretty likley that he will play this season. Columbus has already started to make room for him. Id say about an 80% Chance of him coming over.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Samkow said:
It now appears pretty likley that he will play this season. Columbus has already started to make room for him. Id say about an 80% Chance of him coming over.

I wouldnt go that far...

I would say about 10 days ago, the chances were 15-20%...

And now it is more like 50/50... Especially if Knutsen is on waivers...

#37-#93-#27*

Didn't he sign a contract in July? I thought that gauranteed him playing this season.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
#37-#93-#27 said:
Didn't he sign a contract in July? I thought that gauranteed him playing this season.

The contract had to be signed by a certain date to allow him the option to come over... if it wasnt signed by then, there was no chance of him comin over. They signed him when they did, so they could try and bring him over, instead of just waiting a year...

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
MacLean stated today that the issue of Knutsen had nothing to do with Zherdev.

Of course, MacLean's NEVER lied before about stuff like that. :rolleyes:

I'd say he's closer to coming over, but I still don't expect him to come over. If he does, then it'll just be a pleasant surprise for me.

ajsonor

Jun 11, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
I recently read in the Hockey News that Zherdev will not be in the NHL this year because of his committment to his Red Army Club. It is a similar situation to the Svitov and Chistov situation from 2 years ago. I suppose that they could strike a deal with the team for more $.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
ajsonor said:
I recently read in the Hockey News that Zherdev will not be in the NHL this year because of his committment to his Red Army Club. It is a similar situation to the Svitov and Chistov situation from 2 years ago. I suppose that they could strike a deal with the team for more $.

One of those, as per my understanding, has already been worked out. It's only CKSA standing in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad