Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm vs Tatar , Nyquist, Jurco

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Zetterberg 5.11â€-33, Datsyuk5.11-35 Helm 5.11â€-26 vs Tatar 5.10-23, Nyquist 5.11â€-24 Jurco 6.2â€-20

We have enjoy watching the Wings play lead by Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Helm , but now is a new generation coming with Tatar , Nyquist and Jurco. I think future of Red wings are in the good hands. Defense still looks raw , but it takes time and they are suppose to get better, we have to be more patient with Smith-24 Kindl-26 and Lashoff-23
What do you think?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
the worst of tatar, nyquist and jurco will be better than helm but zett and dats are superstars and none of those kids will reach that level imo. jurco has long outside shot but i consider the chances for that to be very slim.

good or very good players but not great players. former group is a lot better.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Someone posted a stat about how many centers end up playing comparable to D/Z when picked outside the first round.

It's not pretty.

The chances are slim that we are ever able to find their caliber of player again without a very good first round pick. Might get lucky, might have to draft an amazing prospect pool and trade them away from a first rounder/sure fire center prospect, might have to get crappy and get that early pick.

Now, I think a team that is solid up and down the lineup can compete against a team with that has holes, but we'd have to integrate kids a lot quicker for that.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Zetterberg 5.11â€-33, Datsyuk5.11-35 Helm 5.11â€-26 vs Tatar 5.10-23, Nyquist 5.11â€-24 Jurco 6.2â€-20

We have enjoy watching the Wings play lead by Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Helm , but now is a new generation coming with Tatar , Nyquist and Jurco. I think future of Red wings are in the good hands. Defense still looks raw , but it takes time and they are suppose to get better, we have to be more patient with Smith-24 Kindl-26 and Lashoff-23
What do you think?

I feel good about the future. Jurco in my opinion is going to be a star - I frankly think his upside is higher than any prospect we've seen in quite some time. I would not mind if we keep him on the team after we get the roster sorted out.

The only problem is that none of the three listed here play center - we need to find a way to get a young top six center soon (unlikely) or hope Jarnkrok and Janmark develop into the roles.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I feel good about the future. Jurco in my opinion is going to be a star - I frankly think his upside is higher than any prospect we've seen in quite some time. I would not mind if we keep him on the team after we get the roster sorted out.

The only problem is that none of the three listed here play center - we need to find a way to get a young top six center soon (unlikely) or hope Jarnkrok and Janmark develop into the roles.

Tatar and Nyquist listed as centers at TSN

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Tatar and Nyquist listed as centers at TSN

The only time either of them sniffs the center spot is on the second PP unit. And that's only because a bunch of our top6 forwards are injured.

I don't think they're looking to convert them to center any time soon.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I'm excited about Mantha too. I hope he develops into a Rick Nash type. He has the skill and size.

I like our future as well. I also believe we can be a competitive team even without superstars. I think we have four, maybe five potential stars in our system. Intergrate those guys with a good defense and solid depth, I think we're ok.

I also see Pavel an Alfie, Jagr, and Selanne type player. Built for longevity. Which is great. He may not be the 80-90pt getter at 40, but if Alfie can be a stud at 41, then surely Pavel can still rack up points at that age.

I know things have been rocky as of late, but I think we're going to be just fine.

Again, Happy Holidays, boys!

NyquistIsMyGod*

Tomas Tatar will win the Hart a minimum of 8 times. We're super fine.

But really, I'm not sure of any of these guys becoming pure superstars..

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
I think they'll all be good depth or top six players. It seems like we're kind of banking on at least one of them hitting star status which is kind of risky... oh well. Nonetheless we will still need to find value somewhere whether its from trades, FA, or the system.

I don't know, I think Ken Hollands going to have to prove himself again... this time in a salary capped, revenue sharing, 30 team league.

Tomas Tatar will win the Hart a minimum of 8 times. We're super fine.

Or Tats is the next Gretzky! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I get the feling that both jurco and nyquist can be 65+ point players in the league within a couple years.
Nyquist has a bit of ray Whitney's offensive ability I think. Quick, undersized playmaking winger. He's already better defensively than Whitney ever was though.
Jurco has the tools to either be the next Hossa, or he could be the next kovalev. I'm really not sure but I hope it's more on the Hossa side for our sake.
Tatar has the tenacity and heart to be a successful NHL player but probably tops out as a 2nd liner, 40-50 point guy. Not bad but more expendable than nyquist and jurco.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Mantha will be better than those three in my opinion. I think all will become good offensive players.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If all goes well, in 2-3 years we could have 4 solid young wingers in Nyquist, Jurco, Tatar, and Mantha while still having Franzen, Hank, and Datsyuk (albeit likely less effective due to their age). I think there's a window there where Detroit could put together a pretty package to land a solid center. Young, talented forwards don't get traded often, but at least Detroit could be part of the bidding war if they do. There are enough instances of this happening (Seguin, Thornton, Richards, Carter, Hodgson) to think it'll happen again in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad