Rumor: "Zero progress" in talks between Vegas and Nicholas Hague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Call me crazy but I think Hague is the more attractive asset than Chychrun and the same teams would be in the market for both.

For value for LA, Hague and even Sanheim and Soucy are much more worthwhile than Chychrun. I don't think that's crazy at all, these things certainly don't happen in a vacuum. Good call.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Please Sabres....

Why on earth do we need another LHD?

We've already got more than we know what to do with -- Dahlin, Samuelsson, Power, Bryson, Pilut.

I mean sure, he'd be an upgrade to Bryson.......but are we really going to give up what VGK is likely asking for in order to secure our 3rd pair LHD (and our 5th LHD on the roster)..........

Hague's a good player, but Buffalo is absolutely not a fit. At all.

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If they trim down to 13 forwards and 7 other D, LTIR Weber and Lehner and sign Hague to league minimum....Vegas is still over the cap.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Seems like be hard for Vegas to sign him only if have plans to trade higher salary out! If I believe correctly isn't Vegas over the cap by few million dollars?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hague should be worth a little more then Durzi and Sandin, considering the fact that he is the only defender out of the 3 to play 2nd pairing minutes and is also the only defender out of the 3 that can play a shutdown role while still putting up points.

Sandin and especially Durzi are more offensively oriented which is why they garner more praise from the HF community.

I would take the 6’6” 230lbs behemoth Nic Hague over Sandin and Durzi.

He scored 14 points last year; relax.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Believed since day one, Hague will sign when the LTIR kicks in. The fact they aren’t even talking says something.

There would obviously be interest in Hague. He’s better than Sandin and players people have compared him to on here. Still likely becomes a dependable, minute eating #4. Ottawa or Detroit would be smart to add him to their core for the next 6-10 years. They both can make a deal without blinking.

Now, maybe Vegas has something up their sleeve, like making a move for a Bertuzzi. They need a top 6 wing and can grab Bertuzzi for less than $2.5 million this year. He’s the one player, they can move on, and not worry about fitting under the cap this year. With the expected increase next year, they should be able to sign him.

Now he’s going to cost more than Hague. Whether that’s Hague and Brisson, or Hague and something else, who knows. Vegas has been rumored to be up to something though and my first guess would be on a player like Bertuzzi. Brings a different element to the team, makes them harder to play against, and after so many decisions fans weren’t happy about, trading for a player that will immediately become a fan favorite, who makes you a much better hockey club, would help a lot.
Wings are stacked on LHD w Edvinsson, Chiarot, Maata, Johansson, Viro, Wallinder, Sebrango, McIsaac and it would cost more than Hague+prospect to get Bertuzzi from Yzerman

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Just curious, what is he asking for?
1E4C12D3-E0B1-4C12-9AEE-3FB6BC18D29F.jpeg

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If they trim down to 13 forwards and 7 other D, LTIR Weber and Lehner and sign Hague to league minimum....Vegas is still over the cap.

Vegas can sign Hague for like 2.25 and still have a 23 man roster even with Brossoit as the 24th on IR and Weber, Lehner and Patrick LTIR all year, what do you mean?

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Vegas can sign Hague for like 2.25 and still have a 23 man roster even with Brossoit as the 24th on IR and Weber, Lehner and Patrick LTIR all year, what do you mean?
Brossoits on the LTIR too? Well as much as I wish him a speedy recovery, that will do something to give Hague a few more bucks.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Brossoits on the LTIR too? Well as much as I wish him a speedy recovery, that will do something to give Hague a few more bucks.

Brossoit is on IR. His cap hit still counts but Vegas can still afford to go up to 2.25 for Hague and have 23 other players, plus Brossoit on IR.

They can go up to 3 if they're willing to run with 22 (plus Brossoit as the 23rd on IR).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Can't say I agree with that

Chychrun is a proven top pair Dmen under 25 with a great contrat. Really rare that an asset like that is available
Disagree.

He has one great season where he shot well above his career average and he has trouble staying healthy.

You’re paying for a second pairing defenseman with first pairing reputation. That usually leads to overpays.

Hague would probably cost less and be a better player.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Brossoit is on IR. His cap hit still counts but Vegas can still afford to go up to 2.25 for Hague and have 23 other players, plus Brossoit on IR.

They can go up to 3 if they're willing to run with 22 (plus Brossoit as the 23rd on IR).
Alright, I'm taking the L on my initial comment, fair enough, but I'm having a hard time getting Vegas to more than 2.5 million (with a 22 man roster) with Patrick, Weber and Lehner on the LTIR to start, until their third string goalie is sent back down to Henderson.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Please Sabres....
That might be a perfect trade partner.

Vegas will not trade him in the same conference, much less the same division. Buffalo has a glut of cost controlled valuable assets.

I still say Vegas finds a way to keep him even if they drag this out into the season, but you never really know

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Not sure what Hague's value is at. Would Hague for Logan Stanley be close?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That might be a perfect trade partner.

Vegas will not trade him in the same conference, much less the same division. Buffalo has a glut of cost controlled valuable assets.

I still say Vegas finds a way to keep him even if they drag this out into the season, but you never really know
What makes you so sure Vegas would need to deal out of the conference and division? Nate Schmidt dealt to Vancouver, MAF to Chicago.
I think they deal where they have to. Their preference maybe out of the conference but at the end of the day that may not be an option

Watch Vegas deal with Arizona to get Chycrhun somehow. I say somehow due to lack of cap space for the knights, not because I think Chychrun is better than Hague.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
This guy should get a million dollars for a one year and 1.4 on a two year which is what both Liljegren and Sandin got. Personally if I was him I’d bet on myself and take the one year and cash in on a stronger bridge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad