News Article: Zenon Konopka Career in Limbo

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
i liked konopka when he was here, he def brought a positive element to the dressing room, but he wasn't the greatest hockey player.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
He wasn't a great player but a polarizing character. I loved Konopka's time here because of his scrappy style of play and willingness to drop the mitts at anytime.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
He was always willing to stick his head into the business end of a running metal fan. I wish Z the best.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Damn, that really sucks. Zenon is a great guy and a good leader, hope he finds work somehow. Maybe they should make it so that he can sign with a team, play X amount of games, and then be suspended for 20 games?

startainfection*

can he come back and help as a face-off coach or something like that? or maybe coach in bport or something as an assistant

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I mean if some team really wants the guy they sign him for league Min let him get his 20 games. then see how it goes from there.
The guy supposedly took some type of drug that they are not allowed to discuss.
He claims he did not know it was on the ban list. ignorance is not a valid argument.
Wish the guy all the best if he get a shot it will be with a team that really thinks he can help them.
I am in the camp that the NHL should NOT reduce games. He broke the rules and a punishment should be served.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Every player does the "no-apology apology" when they get snagged, so that part of the interview needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Still, I loved the guy on whatever team he's been on. He's a good leader, a consummate teammate, and a max effort guy on ice; and a funny, intelligent guy off ice. He's the kind of guy who is hard not to root for. I'd love to see his suspension shortened, but why would the nhl want to do that? The nhl wants to look tough on PEDs and he's bubble guy and scrapper. I don't know if they'll go out of their way to do a kindness.

I'd love to see him coach.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad