Pool: Zemgus26's 2nd Annual WJC Pool

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
My strategy of “damn all the Canadians get taken a little earlier than I would want them” seems to be working out just nicely :sarcasm:

Would have been nice for DiPietro to get the win and SO yesterday because medal winning starting goalies can be the difference in these pools but with having some Fins, and no other Canadians it may be for the best. Still sucks they lost.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
My strategy of “damn all the Canadians get taken a little earlier than I would want them” seems to be working out just nicely :sarcasm:

Would have been nice for DiPietro to get the win and SO yesterday because medal winning starting goalies can be the difference in these pools but with having some Fins, and no other Canadians it may be for the best. Still sucks they lost.

Wish I used your strategy instead of mine of picking bad players only :sarcasm:

Amazing how much that crazy bounce with 46 seconds left changed this tournament and influenced this pool. May have cost you a few points but helped you a lot more IMO especially when considering how much it hurt others chances.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
STANDINGS AFTER SEMI-FINALS

PlaceTeamPool Points
1Scorevat5341
2Canada4Gold40
T3TheBeastCoast36
T3Khabby36
5czechcanadian35
6LainePeg29
7FinPanda28
T8Zemgus2625
T8Tapu Coco25
10TMOMR20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

We have an unexpected surprise at the top! Scorevat53, received an incredible pool leading 9 points today from his 4 remaining players to make this race for 1st very interesting. Will need another huge day from those 4 again tomorrow, as C4G is just 1 point behind and has many more players left; including multiple Russians who can rack up points against the Swiss potentially. LainePeg was the only other person with more than 5 points today, with a 6 point night led by Kupari and Primeau, to move him up a couple of spots. Finally, the race for Bronze is extremely tight between three guys. TheBeastCoast has 4 players in the Bronze medal game while Khabby has 4 players in the Gold medal game so this can go either way. czechcanadian only has 2 players left but still has a shot if those 2 come up big tomorrow. Who knows, maybe with some crazy things going down tomorrow we can see one of these three come out on top. Should be an exciting last day!

Scorevat53

Sep 16, 2015
Manitoba
Yenno what, i am very suprised. A Finland win would go a long way for me in this pool.

Also Kurashev for 3P.

Lets get this W :)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So torn, I want the Swiss to win so much, but if this starts to get out if hand then Russia needs to run up the score. USA needs to win too, despite me preferring Finland there too :mad:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
So torn, I want the Swiss to win so much, but if this starts to get out if hand then Russia needs to run up the score. USA needs to win too, despite me preferring Finland there too :mad:

Glad I don't have this conundrum in your pool! Rooting for a low scoring Swiss win followed by a big win by Sabres prospect Luukkonen and Team Finland! Both what I want to see personally and what is good for pool purposes. But will DOUBLE suck if it doesn't go my way though :laugh:

Scorevat53

Sep 16, 2015
Manitoba
I am tied for 1st in lainepegs pool too...need Kostin then big points for finns. Basically Finland does well I could win both :p

Lukkonnen is key

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I am tied for 1st in lainepegs pool too...need Kostin then big points for finns. Basically Finland does well I could win both :p

Lukkonnen is key

I went all out Finland(5 players including Luukonen) in Statsy's pool and after yesterday it jumped me from 5th up to 1 point out of 2nd, so Finland doing well tonight could lock me up 2nd there(or a miracle for 1st) but would hurt me here. I'll prefer to take the win here, thanks :)

Reactions: Scorevat53

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
It's tied is it not? Zemgus already edited in my Podkolzin point, I don't see any others

It's tied!

Should be a good Finnish. C4G has 5 players in the Gold Medal Game including a couple Americans which could give him the advantage over Scorevat who has 3 Finns. Anyone's game though!

Scorevat53

Sep 16, 2015
Manitoba
I didnt realize the point was edited in. My bad on that. Who has tie breaker right now?

Nevermind. I have a clear advantage in goals.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
While the race for Gold is interesting, we have an intense race for Bronze too here.

TBC has a 2 point lead going into the final game over both Khabby and czechcanadian; but has NO players left in the tournament.

czechcanadian needs 2 points from his last man Norris to have a shot. If either of Norris' points are a goal, then he takes the tiebreaker.

Khabby has 4 players left and will win any tiebreaker, so he just needs 2 points from them to move ahead of TBC. Between Ylonen, Madden, Anderson and Samuelsson, he has a pretty good chance to take 3rd.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
FINAL STANDINGS

PlaceTeamPool Points
GOLD@Scorevat53 44
SILVER@Canada4Gold 44
BRONZE@TheBeastCoast 38
4TH@Khabby 37
5TH@czechcanadian 37
6TH@LainePeg 30
7TH@FinPanda 28
8TH@Tapu Coco 27
9TH@Zemgus2627
10TH@TakinMaattaOnMyRide 20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CONGRATS SCOREVAT53!

Incredible finish. Canada4Gold gets 2 points on the late Finnish GWG but those 2 points are cancelled out by the win it gives Luukkonen for Scorevat53 who owns the tiebreaker (goals).

TheBeastCoast holds on for 3rd in an extremley close ending. Khabby and czechcanadian miss the podium by one point.

Thanks for everyone who joined and made this another fun and successful year for the pool!

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Just taking a look at my fail this year and what went wrong to drop me from Gold last year to 9th this year...:laugh:

On pretty much every decision point I was debating on who to take, I took the wrong player. I strongly debated each of Necas, Robertson, Bemstrom and Gatiyatov instead of Zadina, Lundestrom, Hayton and Hugg respectively. Those wrong 50/50 decisions cost me 16 points right there o_O

I could have never seen Zadina being so unproductive coming, my goalie coinflip failed and my "stacked" D with Bouchard, Jokiharju and Laaksonen didn't produce nearly as well as I thought. Oh well, better luck next year!

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad