Prospect Info: Zegras or Krebs

Trevor Zegras or Peyton Krebs

• Total voters

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
This is a close one is too close for me. I think Zegras has the higher ceiling but Krebs is more likely to reach his.

I think Zegras is the BPA but also want to build around Krebs leadership and character.

I'm happy with either.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I’ll fully admit I haven’t watched a minute of their games, so I don’t have a great grasp on them, but Zegras’ highlight reel scares me. It seems to be a ton of low speed dangles that work at the lower levels, but not at the NHL level. Best case is the puck gets taken away, worst case is you get obliterated. But again, I’m just going off of highlight reels.

Krebs seems to have a lot more of a pro game.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
This is a close one is too close for me. I think Zegras has the higher ceiling but Krebs is more likely to reach his.

I think Zegras is the BPA but also want to build around Krebs leadership and character.

I'm happy with either.

I voted Zegras, but now I think it might be Krebs. Did a lot on a bad bad team. Has a high motor.

Reactions: KYams17

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Which prospect would you take at #8?
No doubt, take Zegras if he is available. He could go between #4-7, so it may be moot. Krebs or Newhook probably more realistic decision to make.

My top ten: Hughes, KK, Byram, Turcotte, Boldy, Zegras, Podkolzin, Caufield, York and Newhook. (Krebs is 12)

Reactions: MessierII

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Been trying to make a top 15 list ALA the old https://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/. This is a BPA list, not what I think teams should or will pick. I've had limited time to watch some highlights and read about prospects but so far this is what I've got. List subject to change with further "scouting".

1. Hughes (9.0) B
2. Kakko (8.5) B
3. Byram (8.5) C
4. Turcotte (8.5) C
5. Podkolzin (8.5) C
6. Boldy (8.0) B
7. Caufield (8.5) C
8. Broberg (8.5) C
9. Cozens (8.5) C
10. Soderstrom (8.0) C
11. Zegras (8.0) C
12. Newhook (8.0) C
13. Krebs (8.0) C
14. Dach (8.0) C
15. Heinola (8.0) C *Just reading no video*

I have not had time to evaluate any players not on this list. With that said there is a possibility someone can sneak into it, specially in that #15 slot.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Been trying to make a top 15 list ALA the old https://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/. This is a BPA list, not what I think teams should or will pick. I've had limited time to watch some highlights and read about prospects but so far this is what I've got. List subject to change with further "scouting".

1. Hughes (9.0) B
2. Kakko (8.5) B
3. Byram (8.5) C
4. Turcotte (8.5) C
5. Podkolzin (8.5) C
6. Boldy (8.0) B
7. Caufield (8.5) C
8. Broberg (8.5) C
9. Cozens (8.5) C
10. Soderstrom (8.0) C
11. Zegras (8.0) C
12. Newhook (8.0) C
13. Krebs (8.0) C
14. Dach (8.0) C
15. Heinola (8.0) C *Just reading no video*

I have not had time to evaluate any players not on this list. With that said there is a possibility someone can sneak into it, specially in that #15 slot.

I dont get it. Dach at 14???

Last edited:
Reactions: Llamamoto

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
I dont get it. Dach at 14???
Yea. He did not pass the eye test for me when I watched his highlights and I combined that with reading he has a compete/consistency issue. Lastly his PPG in the WHL is not impressive when comparing him to recent past WHL players that have become "Elite" in the NHL, especially when you take into account his physical advantage of being roughly 6'4 195 pounds in the WHL.

I did this quick "scout" recently when I was very tired right before going to bed so if I'm incorrect about the WHL-NHL PPG correlation feel free to let me know what you've dug up.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Which prospect would you take at #8?

I would risk passing over Krebs who then turns out to be Barzal 2.0 and say he may not have the finish. I would take either Zegras or Boldy instead.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yea. He did not pass the eye test for me when I watched his highlights and I combined that with reading he has a compete/consistency issue. Lastly his PPG in the WHL is not impressive when comparing him to recent past WHL players that have become "Elite" in the NHL, especially when you take into account his physical advantage of being roughly 6'4 195 pounds in the WHL.

I did this quick "scout" recently when I was very tired right before going to bed so if I'm incorrect about the WHL-NHL PPG correlation feel free to let me know what you've dug up.
Maybe you should watch Dach play first

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

I picked Krebs as well. I think he's being downgraded by playing for the Ice instead of a competitive team. It's tough when there were only 4 players with 30 points or more and 3 more with 20+ points. That also led to having a poor defensive system altogether if there's little offensive pressure.

Reactions: KYams17

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I haven't really seen much of Krebs so I'm not going to say definitely. What I will say about Zegras is his vision seems awfully impressive.

I think if you can pass the puck at an elite level you're almost certainly going to be a decent NHL player unless you're skating is total bunk or you're like 4'11.

Being able to pass the puck at a high level is unteachable, you have to have a "high processor" hockey IQ to do it.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I picked Krebs as well. I think he's being downgraded by playing for the Ice instead of a competitive team. It's tough when there were only 4 players with 30 points or more and 3 more with 20+ points. That also led to having a poor defensive system altogether if there's little offensive pressure.
Kind of sounds like Draisaitl in his draft year. Played on a poor team so Oiler fans weren't as fond of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad