• Total voters

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hughes
Zegras
Drysdale

Hughes

I'd take the Ducks because I think by next season Zegras will have a similar jump than Hughes, I like his playmaking and shot more than Hughes while Hughes has skating and speed on Z. Everyone knows I have been calling Hughes a future superstar since he was drafted on here even through his struggles. Zegras and Hughes will both be superstars imo.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Is there any correlation between people ranking Luke Hughes at the bottom and him never having played an NHL game? Hmm

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Is there any correlation between people ranking Luke Hughes at the bottom and him never having played an NHL game? Hmm
I think he will develop into a Morgan Reilly type player, so that's where I ranked him.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Luke would be the likely 1st overall in 2022 if he was seven days younger

So since he hasnt played yet, its likely they wont win the vote. But I think a lot of GMs would take Luke over Jamie in a choice today in a draft

Reactions: Devils Army

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I love that Ducks duo, they're gonna be great and probably win most similar polls, but the results both Hughes brothers are getting are too ridiculous. It's almost unfair to compare them to peers.

So homer vote for Hughes spawn.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
The Hughes brothers. drysdale and zegras are good too though so.

I just think both brothers are better than Zegras and Drysdale. Luke based upon talent / potential and Jack is already putting up elite numbers while he is still a few years from entering his prime.

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
Interesting poll.

I'd choose the Devs duo partially out of homerism but I can see the argument for either.

I do think Jack is the best of this group of players by a not insignificant amount.

Reactions: wetcoast

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I am surprised at the results here.

I also am surprised people have J Hughes on a different tier than Zegras. Hughes has had the benefit of playing with some pretty good wingers this year, including Bratt, Sharangovich, and Mercer. Zegras doesn't have nearly that support on his line.

I think Drysdale is probably more likely to be a better NHL'er than L Hughes, but Luke might have the highest upside of this entire group - what he's doing as a true freshman defenseman is really incredible. He could legitimately hit Makar-like levels if everything pans out for him.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I am surprised at the results here.

I also am surprised people have J Hughes on a different tier than Zegras. Hughes has had the benefit of playing with some pretty good wingers this year, including Bratt, Sharangovich, and Mercer. Zegras doesn't have nearly that support on his line.

I think Drysdale is probably more likely to be a better NHL'er than L Hughes, but Luke might have the highest upside of this entire group - what he's doing as a true freshman defenseman is really incredible. He could legitimately hit Makar-like levels if everything pans out for him.
Zegras plays with Rakell I believe who is a pretty good winger and probably better than Sharangovich. If we’re being honest here Sharangovich probably doesn’t have close to as many goals and points without Hughes.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Zegras plays with Rakell I believe who is a pretty good winger and probably better than Sharangovich. If we’re being honest here Sharangovich probably doesn’t have close to as many goals and points without Hughes.

Rakell really isn't that good anymore. But Zegras also played an incredibly unnecessary amount of time with Deslauriers.

Still, Zegras's 5v5 p/60 with Rakell on the ice is 2.58, and 2.78 with Milano, but that fell to 0.77 with Deslauriers.

Hughes' 5v5 p/60 is 2.57 on the season, so Zegras is producing comparably when he's with Rakell.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Rakell really isn't that good anymore. But Zegras also played an incredibly unnecessary amount of time with Deslauriers.

Still, Zegras's 5v5 p/60 with Rakell on the ice is 2.58, and 2.78 with Milano, but that fell to 0.77 with Deslauriers.

Hughes' 5v5 p/60 is 2.57 on the season, so Zegras is producing comparably when he's with Rakell.
I think Rakell is definitely better than Sharangovich. He’s still pretty good.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
You should watch a Ducks game, he's been good the last 5 games but yeah... Rakell is one of the biggest floaters on the entire team. If you go to the Ducks forum 95% of fans want him traded, which will tell you all you need to know.

Milano wasn't even projected to be in our lineup before the season... Zegras is going to make his linemates a lot of money.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Honestly, he's really not. Sharangovich is outproducing him this year after doing so last year as well, while getting a lot less ice time.
They’re producing pretty much equally. Rakell has 2 less points and 2 more goals in 2 less games. Rakell produced at a 44 point pace last season but only a 14 goal pace and a 19 goal and 53 point pace the season before. Sharangovich produced at a 24 goal and 46 point pace last season. So his goal scoring was a good chunk better.

As I said though I don’t think Sharangovich would produce close to as well if he wasn’t playing with Jack.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Have to go with the huge brothers myself, though Drysdale still has time to get up to speed.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hard to say right now

jack
Zegras
Drysdale
Luke

but prob not fair to Luke…. I also think zegras is prob closer to Jack then people think… I’d say slight edge to devils duo tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad