Speculation: Zatkoff hurt, Kings in desperate need of a live body at goalie

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Can we talk about the devastation caused to the Kings' AHL team?

Saturday night they started a rec league goalie who was only there because he's the goalie coach's kid.

The backup?

The 46-year-old goalie coach.

I miss Dusty...

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Maybe they can get Berra from Florida once Luongo is back. Given the rivalry between them and the Sharks, I must say there's a certain amount of schadenfreude going on here watching their goaltending troubles. :sarcasm:

Maybe they should try and get Niemi from Dallas... :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel bad for JF Berube who should be getting his chance with the Kings right now. I don't feel bad for the Kings, though.

On one hand, I'd be pissed if I were him. The Islanders keep him on the NHL roster so he's not exposed to waivers and he's played how many games in the last year? They don't even work him in to dress him or play him every few games? He has to wait for Greiss or Halak to go down?

On the other hand, he's getting an NHL salary to do nothing. So it probably softens the blow a little bit.

The Kings really need to stay away from the garbage. Not sure why they're talking to Emery (just a rumor at this point) or considering Lindback (also not confirmed yet). It's like their plucking from the "Worst goalie in the league" batch. Which is exactly what Emery was when he was last in the league and exactly what Lindback took the title of after Emery was out of the league last year.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Maybe it's been addressed, but what about Karri Ramo. I believe he's unsigned. Is he hurt. He's not great, but he's better than the likes of Budaj or Condon if he gets waived.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Maybe it's been addressed, but what about Karri Ramo. I believe he's unsigned. Is he hurt. He's not great, but he's better than the likes of Budaj or Condon if he gets waived.

"Calgary Flames goaltender Karri Ramo will miss the rest of the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus damage in his left knee during a game last week".

that was back in 02/2016

don't know if he fully recovered from that, he's not signed in any league

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
"Calgary Flames goaltender Karri Ramo will miss the rest of the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus damage in his left knee during a game last week".

that was back in 02/2016

don't know if he fully recovered from that, he's not signed in any league

I knew he got hurt last year, but didn't know the injury. Those usually take awhile to get over. 6mths to a year. He's probably still rehabbing.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I knew he got hurt last year, but didn't know the injury. Those usually take awhile to get over. 6mths to a year. He's probably still rehabbing.

I think when we Flames fans did some of the calculations before, Kari Ramo should be finished rehabbing his injury around late October-December. However, most of us were quite certain he wouldn't be at game pace at the end of his injury and a bit of conditioning stints etc would be a necessary part of his acquisition/transition to a backup/starter.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The hockey gods are clearly giving kings management a sign. Aim for a top pick next season and be done with it.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I would say retain that amount on lack or take zatkoff back with greene and i would be fine with it I think Lack would do good in la behind our defensive system

Every goalie does well behind our system. Its how we turn crap like Bernier, Quick, Jones, Scrivens into superstars. its just all our system.

These mysterious "groin" injuries are just part of DL's plan to turn Budaj and Campbell into our next stars and trade them for 1st's.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Every goalie does well behind our system. Its how we turn crap like Bernier, Quick, Jones, Scrivens into superstars. its just all our system.

These mysterious "groin" injuries are just part of DL's plan to turn Budaj and Campbell into our next stars and trade them for 1st's.

zatkoff and enroth haven't and budja is winning but let be honest not playing great. Lack is young and has a good future in the nhl To get him for zatkoff and greene would be ideal

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'm going off a few assumptions:
-Don't want to give up a ton, because Quick will be back eventually
-Don't want to take on significant cash
-Ideally guy could go back to the AHL and maybe be the Kings backup next year

For those reasons, I have one slightly used Latvian named Kristers Gudlevskis.

He is a hyper athletic goaltender in a similar vein to Quick, so I think adjusting him to the staff and team would likely be easy. A lot of his issues rest in his mental game, and maybe having more of a rough and tumble team to protect him would help. Also having Quick as a mentor could be beneficial to him.

Cap hit is 575k and needs to be qualified after this year, arb eligible, but based on body of work should be cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad