ZAR

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I don't expect a ton. In a perfect, realistic world I think he is a decent third liner. Honestly more than anything else I've wondered about the penalties he sometimes takes. Maybe an anomaly this year though.

Reactions: ncm7772

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

Haha, very. My issue with ZAR is nothing personal, it's that the media and HCMS (I'm a Sully fan, mind you) have jammed him down our throats. I think he's an absolute waste in the top 6. Can be a solid bottom 6er that can provide some offense IF he stays healthy. He's just not that good IMO. Unfortunately for me, the organization seems to love him.

I feel similarly about Simon, but I don't want to get off topic.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
The hate ZAR gets is over the top and shows how spoiled we have been with Jake, Rust and Sheary in recent years. We would have killed to have somebody younger like him between 2011-2015 where we had a revolving door of absolute scrubs coming through.

ZAR is not a top six guy but gets put in to that role because of injuries and also because we havent had other options. ZARs production puts him in to being a good third liner territory. So saying he isn’t worth more than a million is an overreaction and people need to realize this is more about our cap situation than ZARs actual value.

We can’t just expect production to magically be replaced if we dump players. Also bringing in similar production will cost us 2-4 million for solid third liners that aren’t on ELCs.

I am all for resigning him as longs as we can get a good price.

Reactions: Peat

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He and Simon seem to take the most offensive zone penalties besides Malkin. Another reason I'm not a ZAR fan.

Am i missing something here? Not sure if I'd complain about a combined total of 40 PIM's this season. That includes ZAR's fights (2, right? Sceviour and Edmundsson?).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes.

At the same time, that the organization and apparently Sully see him as a top 6 forward is far more concerning than the injury history.
he's still spent more of his time in the bottom 6 than top 6. I think Sully sees him as a guy who can move up when we need to move someone up.

I think JR and Sully see him as a guy with top 6 upside. And considering his flashes of looking good in the top 6, I get it. But he really hasn't shown any ability to sustain that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
he's still spent more of his time in the bottom 6 than top 6. I think Sully sees him as a guy who can move up when we need to move someone up.

I think JR and Sully see him as a guy with top 6 upside. And considering his flashes of looking good in the top 6, I get it. But he really hasn't shown any ability to sustain that.

No, trust me on this one. They see him as top 6, period. @Mr Jiggyfly has been hearing the same since summer.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Just not a fan of his play, really. If anything, he's a fourth liner who can make due as a third liner. I don't think he should ever really see significant time on a scoring line, especially on this team.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
As a top 6, or as a potential top 6? They play him an awful lot in the bottom 6 for a guy they see as a top 6 on a team with a gaping hole at 2LW.

The former. Look, I'm giving you info, an understanding if you follow my meaning that was confirmed by people Jiggy hears from. If you don't want to believe it, then that certainly is your prerogative.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The former. Look, I'm giving you info, an understanding if you follow my meaning that was confirmed by people Jiggy hears from. If you don't want to believe it, then that certainly is your prerogative.
I mean, it's just not what we've seen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why does this thread still exist? Like one person thinks ZAR is thread-worthy...the rest of us know he shouldn’t have a thread dedicated to him...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Even if you don’t like him now consider he’s young, still in his rookie season and is cheap and probably still on a career upswing.

It’s not ZAR’s fault he’s shoehorned into a top-6 spot. As a bottom 6 guy I don’t mind him.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The hate ZAR gets is over the top and shows how spoiled we have been with Jake, Rust and Sheary in recent years. We would have killed to have somebody younger like him between 2011-2015 where we had a revolving door of absolute scrubs coming through.

ZAR is not a top six guy but gets put in to that role because of injuries and also because we havent had other options. ZARs production puts him in to being a good third liner territory. So saying he isn’t worth more than a million is an overreaction and people need to realize this is more about our cap situation than ZARs actual value.

We can’t just expect production to magically be replaced if we dump players. Also bringing in similar production will cost us 2-4 million for solid third liners that aren’t on ELCs.

I am all for resigning him as longs as we can get a good price.

Very cheap.

No tax.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yinz bandwaggon so hard with your player opinions. He's a solid 30 point depth guy. What do you want?
Mj0vKzF.gif

Except he’s not. In Sullivan’s mind and heart he is , but he sure as shit isn’t.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Mj0vKzF.gif

Except he’s not. In Sullivan’s mind and heart he is , but he sure as **** isn’t.

Please explain how the guy who has a 30 point pace on both his pro seasons so far and who logs PK time, works hard and rarely makes a mistake isn't a solid 30 point depth guy.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad