GDT: ZAR Is Back - Yippee (insert sarcastic comment here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My +/- regardless of what happens in the shootout:

+ZAR and the 3rd line: ZAR was especially good and I liked the 3rd line as a whole. I've kinda soured on Tanev recently but they did a great job tonight.
+Top line: It has been so good since getting put together

=Goaltending: I thought the best way to describe DeSmith's performance tonight is "he is what he is". He's a fringe NHL goalie playing behind a bad defensive team. I can't reasonably complain about him because he's just not good enough for me to expect much more out of him. Him putting up a ~.895 save% in any given game can't even be considered him being "bad", it's just the best he can reasonably do in this situation.
=Matheson: quiet game from him overall, I'll be mostly satisfied with his play if he continues to play like he did tonight. No problem, plus he made a nice play in OT.

-Malkin: he was horrid and then he got a goal, plus he had a great defensive play in OT. He was so bad before that goal that he's still a minus for today, but the goal saved him from being multiple minuses.
----Marino and POJ: both were bad. POJ got schooled multiple times by Barzal and was heavily responsible for 2 goals against.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F08%252Fkid-dancing.gif%252Ffull-fit-in__1200x2000.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I genuinely think a substantial reason why Letang looks so bad is because of the complete and utter lack of system and organization this team has. When a player who doesnt think the game as great as he does cant have any confidence of where his teammates will be, and no sound directive on what to do when he gets the puck, what the hell do you expect to happen?
I think that’ll make any D look bad when they’re getting hung out to dry both with and without the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad