Zajac or Brown?

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
not just being a homer, but I would say Zajac. Zajac is one of the most complete young players in the NHL. He's not going to be a flashy player with really big numbers, but there isn't one thing this kid doesn't do well. If anyone has watched him this year, his decision making is that of a seasoned vet. And going by points he's on pace to have a better rookie season than Brown had, and he only has a few less points this year than Brown. Brown coming into his rookie year also had one year of the minors under his belt to get use to the pro competition/schedule, while Zajac is basically fresh out of college. My vote is for Zajac.

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
Brown coming into his rookie year also had one year of the minors under his belt to get use to the pro competition/schedule, while Zajac is basically fresh out of college. My vote is for Zajac.

Brown never had a year of pro hockey. He made the NHL as an 18 year old.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Brown never had a year of pro hockey. He made the NHL as an 18 year old.
A year in the NHL, a year in the AHL, another year in the NHL and now this year is the experience he has over Zajac. I don't take either because these comparison threads are useless. Brown isn't going to be traded for Zajac so who cares.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
i hope brown can find a scoring touch and break out of his vaulted 15 or so goal plateau. he hits hard and has some decent moves but he looks like a solid if unspectacular 2cd liner to me, 3rd on some nights. guess he's still got some time to develope into a solid first line player that i hoped he'd be.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
A year in the NHL, a year in the AHL, another year in the NHL and now this year is the experience he has over Zajac. I don't take either because these comparison threads are useless. Brown isn't going to be traded for Zajac so who cares.
Thanks for the insight.... :shakehead

Alot of people are in fantasy leagues and thats likely why hes asking. You sure look cool though.

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
Neither did Zajac, unless you count the two games he played at Albany last year. But he did have two years at UND.

I didn't say he did. The poster assumed that Brown had a year in the AHL before entering the NHL.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I think it's very close personally I'm a big Dustin Brown fan and I'd probably prefer him over Zajac but Zajac's really impressed me this year.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Zajac isn't any younger than Brown, unless 5 months is really an important gap for you which in the world of hf (where 1 month equals 50 years of wisdom), it is.

dank

Jan 11, 2006
NYC
I'll take Zajac

I'll take Korpikoski..

oh, wait.. hmm.. I'll take Jessiman..

No wait.. either Brown or Zajac..

(i do see some exciting stuff with Korpikoski - higher ceiling - so its we'll see about his future, but its clear that Brown is better than Hugh and it'd be cool to be seeing a player in the NHL)

Last edited:

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
My answer would be...

It depends on what you're looking for.

Admittedly, I've seen Zajac play only when LA played the Devils so I have almost nothing to base my opinions on of him. But from what I've read, he seems like a gifted offensive forward...maybe in the mold of J. Lupul?

Brown is finding a niche as a hard-hitting, grinding power forward. Does the dirty work in front of the net and in the corners. Doesn't score much and probably never will, but he gives that physical presence along the boards and on the forecheck.

Seems to me that Zajac and Brown would compliment each other on a line rather than be compared on one.

As a Kings fan, a better comparison to me would seem to be Dustin Brown vs. Colby Armstrong

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
My answer would be...

It depends on what you're looking for.

Admittedly, I've seen Zajac play only when LA played the Devils so I have almost nothing to base my opinions on of him. But from what I've read, he seems like a gifted offensive forward...maybe in the mold of J. Lupul?

Brown is finding a niche as a hard-hitting, grinding power forward. Does the dirty work in front of the net and in the corners. Doesn't score much and probably never will, but he gives that physical presence along the boards and on the forecheck.

Seems to me that Zajac and Brown would compliment each other on a line rather than be compared on one.

As a Kings fan, a better comparison to me would seem to be Dustin Brown vs. Colby Armstrong
Not anything like Lupul, doesn't have that sort of offense. He is a Rod Brind`Amour clone.

kingsfan25

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Brown's got a good shot...I know he's shown more in the A and juniors, but that's pretty much the extent of his offensive ability right now. However, he's one of the best hitters in the league and he's pretty fast. If he can learn to drive the net more, I think he'll become a much more valuable player, especially on a line complementing Kopitar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad