Zadina to Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Don't forget that we added a 2nd rounder too. We gave up the more valuable asset AND added.

Imagine trading Reinbacher and a 2nd for Lafreniere right now.
The second round pick was conditional if Sergachev didn't play enough games which he did so he did not cost us a second round pick. It ended up being a 1:1 swap. Still, it was bad negotiating by us considering we were doing them a favour by sending them a player that did not have to be protected while taking a player that did need to be protected or could be gone for nothing. And then offering a second-round pick if the player we sent didn't play immediately. Ugh.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Also note that Dadonov who seemed useless with us, improved enough that he got a contract with Dallas (almost equalled his point production with us pre-trade deadline with Dallas post-deadline). And Edmundson, who was decent here under the old regime, has seemed like a disaster since. So it's not like we bring out everyone's best.
Neither have any relevance. Dadonov was a worthless cockroach who slept through the season waiting to be traded. Regimes had nothing to do with Edmundson. He was good until injuries broke him down.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Neither have any relevance. Dadonov was a worthless cockroach who slept through the season waiting to be traded. Regimes had nothing to do with Edmundson. He was good until injuries broke him down.
The Dadonov argument seems a bit post hoc. He was worthless because he only played decent after he left. Maybe because he's a cockroach or maybe because there was something about the system here that made it harder for him to do well. Or maybe he only tries when there is something obvious at stake (after all, he only started playing well for Vegas after their abortive attempt to trade him to a team on his no-trade list.) For Edmundson, he played essentially the same number of games last season as he did in 2021 but was a lot worse. Maybe the team had him playing hurt in the hopes that they could establish some value and trade him for something, but he certainly made a lot of bad decisions and bad plays that didn't help his value at all.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Is this a possibility? If so I’m stoked.
MSL would do wonders with this kid.
Don't want him to - as he said - put goals in Habs net. bad idea

And that "MSL would do wonders with X, Y. Z" narrative is turning bigger and bigger by months . MSL could help yes, but he doesn't make miracles and his way to coach will fit certain players but won't with others.

Reactions: Canad13ns

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I don't see how he would fit in our top9 short term or long term.

Slafkovsky, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Anderson, Newhook are already top9 guys that we probably keep for a while and then you have RHP, Mesar, Roy, Farrell, Heineman and Beck of which several should be able to be fixture in our top9 as well.

I don't think a somewhat soft scoring winger (who doesn't really score right now) is something we need.

The perfect fit would be a rich man Anderson for Caufield and Suzuki.
you want to trade Caufield and Suzuki for a rich Anderson ??? :scared:
Joey, Mickey or Jaret Anderson ?:dunce:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
BUST ---> [Marty will fix him magic box] ---> UNBUST

This is getting old and cult-like
an urban hockey legend.
Still the honey moon with him and Hugues for a lot of Habs fans. And it still " everything going wrong is because previous management, and everything going well is because new management" :highclap:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I've thought about this before. I do believe that St. Louis will only get better with time but I wonder if it comes to that, if he'd be willing to get demoted to assistant coach instead of flat out getting canned.
We should upgrade from a pew-wee coach to a Junior coach :nod:

Zadina is trash,

Also Habs Estrie you talked in absolutes and certainties that PLD was coming here what happened??
Alarm clock rings everytime

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Zadina’s lack of finish around the net exemplified by how he deals with shoelaces. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Le Barron de HF

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
No idea who you are friend, some of us have work, and family responsibilities (and a visit to the chiropractor) that take precedence over replying to “Iarek” and “Habspepsi”, the HF oracles.

Not sure what your definition of a “few years” is but off the top of my head:

1 - Karl Alzner. Still paying him in fact. Brought in on his pedigree alone, even though he himself admitted he was done.

2 - Jonathan Drouin. Brought in at the expense of a top prospect after quitting on his previous team, gifted top Center spot and signed to huge deal that finally ended.

Those two moves cost the organization years of setbacks. Now we’re moving first and second round picks in a rebuild, for another former first rounder that hasn’t proven anything yet? I don’t like it and I don’t have a good feeling about it - I hope I’ve explained myself to your satisfaction.
here we go ,
Why limit yourself to years ? decades or even centuries would sound more drama, would get more impacts to the statement. A pic too should help

ob_49037d_imagoid.jpg

Zadina’s lack of finish around the net exemplified by how he deals with shoelaces. :sarcasm:

the dog doesn't have shoes :huh:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Close the thread, he doesn’t fit our “culture”. Oh and one more thing, he sucks.
ok everybody, Pacciosoftie wants to close the thread for those 2 brilliant points.
See you in another thread folks, it was nice to exchange our opinion here, but Pacciosoftie...

Reactions: Pacciosoftie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad