Confirmed with Link: Zadina signs 3 year extension (1.825 AAV)

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Well it's a good contract for sure, no risk involved and i hope he reaches his potential. The only thing im worried is that this means Berggren doesn't get a fair shot on the lineup.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Well it's a good contract for sure, no risk involved and i hope he reaches his potential. The only thing im worried is that this means Berggren doesn't get a fair shot on the lineup.
I think a trade is looming. We have a lot of forwards.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I desperately want an un-protected 1st for Bertuzzi.

Barring that, a forward that's at worst sideways plus a bunch of stuff tossed in like the Mantha trade.
I desperately want to go back in time and have sex with Salma Hayek circa From Dusk til Dawn.

That has as much chance of happening as an unprotected 1st that you’d have any interest in receiving for Bertuzzi.

Reactions: gritdash60

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Interesting to note that the deal is heavily backloaded:

- Year 1: $915k
- Year 2: $1.83m
- Year 3: $2.73m
Expecting him to be a better player 2-3 years from now, which makes sense.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I think a trade is looming. We have a lot of forwards.
What kind of trade? I think Bertuzzi Perron Raymond and Vrana are pretty much locked for top6 winger roles, and after this contract Zadina and Kubalik are the 3rd line wingers. So what kind of trade makes space? or are we going to trade away Berggren without even getting a shot in the show?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What kind of trade? I think Bertuzzi Perron Raymond and Vrana are pretty much locked for top6 winger roles, and after this contract Zadina and Kubalik are the 3rd line wingers. So what kind of trade makes space? or are we going to trade away Berggren without even getting a shot in the show?

The lynchpin is the Bertuzzi contract. Until we hear him and Yzerman are having good progress, I consider him on the trade block. There's no chance he walks in UFA for nothing, so something will give one way or another. We'll know a lot more as the trade deadline approaches.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
The lynchpin is the Bertuzzi contract. Until we hear him and Yzerman are having good progress, I consider him on the trade block. There's no chance he walks in UFA for nothing, so something will give one way or another. We'll know a lot more as the trade deadline approaches.

Come on down, Salma!

• Love
Reactions: Bench

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It's the NHL bro. If he can't handle the pressure what do you want me to say? Plenty of players have produced despite a great relationship with their coaches. It's not an excuse for his lack of production. Can we at least agree GOING FORWARD his stats are on him or no?

Listen BRO. I never said his stats weren’t on him. They are. I’m simply saying a factor to why he hasn’t been able to figure it out is because that he’s clearly got some psychological struggles. That’s not to say it’s anyone else’s fault or anyone else’s problem.

He has to figure it out for his own sake. That doesn’t mean that he isn’t going to potentially benefit from a coach coming in with a different mindset and approach and a blank slate.

You aren’t saying anything that other people aren’t already saying. He hasn’t been good, he needs to get better. Being more confident can go a long way in helping. Hopefully he can put 2 and 2 together

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

giphy.gif

Dude doesn't deserve more than 1 mil a season.

Reactions: Gniwder

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Matchups play a lot into how much production a player will have. Better linemates gives his line more possession and more room. Better defensive pairings helps with possession and breakouts too.

Even though his production was poor last season, he did get scoring chances, but failed to execute, and he seemed to be overthinking his shots.

His production should increase a whole lot imo.

Yeah probably not. He was playing a lot with Larkin and Raymond. Then Suter and Fabbri. His production sucked with just about anyone except Vrana, and even then it was just OK.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I desperately want to go back in time and have sex with Salma Hayek circa From Dusk til Dawn.

That has as much chance of happening as an unprotected 1st that you’d have any interest in receiving for Bertuzzi.
She is still pretty hot now but I feel you without hands *Sean P voice *

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Seems like a fair if somehow optimistic contract. But Zadina is still a RFA at the end so if he does start performing better he can't go shopping for a ridiculous UFA deal.

I don't think Blashill "ruined" Zadina but hopefully the new coaches and influx of new players can give him some sort of fresh start.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
3 year low cost prove it deal, gaining only arbitration status at contract's end. Works for me. Still see him in Europe sometime in year 2 of the deal, but hope I am wrong.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
3 year low cost prove it deal, gaining only arbitration status at contract's end. Works for me. Still see him in Europe sometime in year 2 of the deal, but hope I am wrong.
He's just attending the World Championships. Yeah, it sucks the Wings didn't go deep, but at least they made it!

Guyver

May 30, 2017
That doesn't count.

I think that's Yzerman's reasoning. If he wakes up he is under control for 2 more years. I doubt he ever becomes even half of what we thought he would be. I was expecting him to lead us in goals or at least be in the top 5!!!
I kinda agree here. Not a ton of money and still has time to figure things out.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It would help if your response had anything whatsoever to do with the post you are quoting.

My point is, you are looking to debate with people that are supportive of Zadina. That's fine. No issue whatsoever. Just don't pretend that everyone is supporting Zadina. As you tried to do below:

All you have to do is actually read to find the posts you are claiming don't exist. It's like you're trying to do a 'me against the world' stand here and there are more than a few people on your side that have zero faith in Zadina's ability to do anything.
Dude doesn't respond to people's posts, he reads like 1/15th of a post and responds to what he thinks the tone of the post is.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Interesting take that the guy who said he was going to fill the Habs nets with pucks after they passed on him in the draft and had a bunch of swagger that may have turned some teams off now suffers from a lack of confidence

Reactions: lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Interesting take that the guy who said he was going to fill the Habs nets with pucks after they passed on him in the draft and had a bunch of swagger that may have turned some teams off now suffers from a lack of confidence

Yeah, really interesting that a guy who is clearly prideful and wears his heart on his sleeve is very dependent on maintaining his confidence level. Who would have thought. I always assumed that he was a very emotional personality but functions entirely like a robot once he steps on the ice

Reactions: HisNoodliness

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Yeah, really interesting that a guy who is clearly prideful and wears his heart on his sleeve is very dependent on maintaining his confidence level. Who would have thought. I always assumed that he was a very emotional personality but functions entirely like a robot once he steps on the ice
Guess my point was that I doubt confidence is the reason he has t lived up to his billing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad