Recalled/Assigned: Zadina and Hirose sent to GR

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Guys, he has 2 secondary assists on the powerplay this season. He is clearly better than Hughes and a franchise cornerstone we need to build around.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Make him Captain?

HHOF?

It's comments like this that ruin any credibility you have in posts. No one is making either argument, but since you have an agenda, you throw in a ridiculous point to try and make others valid points seem silly!

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Make him Captain?

HHOF?
This is the same fanbase that labelled Dylan Larkin an elite franchise forward and future captain as a 45-50 point guy. So yeah, wait until if Zadina actually scores a goal in the NHL this season. There's going to be calls to lock him up for 6x$8.5 million right away.

Reactions: lilidk

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This is the same fanbase that labelled Dylan Larkin an elite franchise forward and future captain as a 45-50 point guy. So yeah, wait until if Zadina actually scores a goal in the NHL this season. There's going to be calls to lock him up for 6x$8.5 million right away.

No one is saying that though. People are annoyed at the hot take he has been awful or bad. He looks better than 75% of our NHL roster right now, so him staying up is not that bad of an idea. If Blashill isn't going to play him Top 6, than I agree send him to GR, if we have a coach willing to use him Top 6 than let him play for a week or two, not going to hurt him at all.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
No one is saying that though. People are annoyed at the hot take he has been awful or bad. He looks better than 75% of our NHL roster right now, so him staying up is not that bad of an idea. If Blashill isn't going to play him Top 6, than I agree send him to GR, if we have a coach willing to use him Top 6 than let him play for a week or two, not going to hurt him at all.

That's so not impressive tho. If you say he looks better than 75% of Maple Leafs roster, then I'd be right there with you.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's so not impressive tho. If you say he looks better than 75% of Maple Leafs roster, then I'd be right there with you.
He looks better than Perlini and you think Perlini is an NHLer. Not sure why your criteria for Zadina and Perlini are so drastically different.

Zadina looked really good on the one shift he had with Flip and AA. They should try that for a couple of games.

In the long run I think Zadina winds up being a middle 6 forward, and Perlini winds up in Europe.

Reactions: lilidk

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Perlini doesn't look an NHL'er. He can't score and doesn't even earn ice time on the worst team in the league. If you aren't scoring as a scorer, you better bring some intangibles of which we don't see any from Perlini.

Reactions: lilidk and Gniwder

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
One was a #6 pick the other was basically free and is 23. If the 23 year old fails to carve out an NHL career, no skin off my nut sack. If the #6 pick doesn't reach his full potential, then that is a HUGE setback in this rebuild. May as well be the Oilers of the 2010s...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Secondary assists are some made up negative on the internet. Making up lame excuses that a player is uncontested is ridiculous. Almost all good offensive players are uncontested on the power play. Bertuzzi for example had a secondary assist a few weeks back where he made a big keep in and pass at the blueline that was a great example of many of the secondary assists being vital to the goal being scored. Lots of secondary assists are nothing more than touching the puck, many are not, and in Zadina's case no great pass no goal.

Great post.

Sometimes it's the 3rd assist which is the most important to break that PK 4-man unit. And no points given.

Reactions: Oddbob

InsideAccess93

Jun 21, 2017
Zadina needs to learn to dominate at the AHL level before the Wings bring him back up. The kid just turned 20, give the kid a break. As long as his game continues to develop he will be a top player for the wings within the next couple years.

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
I swear to Howe, this place...
Hey maybe if the team wasn't so crap, people wouldn't complain as much. As for Zadina, some people are a little pissed with his development and it's magnified by the fact that the pick right after him is a legit Calder candidate and has made his team way better already.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Hey maybe if the team wasn't so crap, people wouldn't complain as much. As for Zadina, some people are a little pissed with his development and it's magnified by the fact that the pick right after him is a legit Calder candidate and has made his team way better already.

You didn’t expect the team to be bad? Hard to watch but it was expected and will be bad next year too. Temper your expectations.

Who cares what another kid is doing right now? It doesn’t represent the career they are going to have. I remember majority of fans wanted to trade Datsyuk for Gomez, how did that turn out ?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Guys, he has 2 secondary assists on the powerplay this season. He is clearly better than Hughes and a franchise cornerstone we need to build around.

Nobody has ever said that. The most common refrain is that he's got talent but he's not good enough at finding open spaces yet and he's disappointing compared to the 40 goal idea we had in our head about him.
I mean, he could very well still be a franchise cornerstone. He's just barely 20 and has visible talent.

I'm sure it's a lot more fun being contrarian tho. Zadina has a lot of work to get to where we need him to be to reach our initial expectations for him. The good thing is, he's 20 and still incredibly early in his career. People get their expectations for this kids thrown far out of whack because you have Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, Rasmus Dahlin, and others come out and succeed right away. And instead of treating those guys as the unicorns they actually are, that becomes the expectation for a young player.

Reactions: Winger98

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I only watched two Wings games in the past five games, but Zadina looked good imo. Does he look like a veteran? No, but he certainly looked better than half the other forwards on the team.

I actually thought he looked much better than last year. He looked faster and more involved. He still needs to learn that some plays work in the AHL but not in the NHL, but he has to play in the NHL to learn that.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Gordie and Ted are looking down saying what the hell is going on with our hockey team.

No, I don't think Gordie and Ted care very much.

Tyler Myers won a Calder. Was that a mistake not trading Mantha and a pick for him? Nail Yakupov finished 5th in Calder voting in his rookie season... how's that pick? Quinn Hughes is a good player. But he's also got severe defensive limitations. He's going to be more of a Keith Yandle than a Alex Pietrangelo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad