Player Discussion Zach Redmond (Cleared Waivers- Sent Down)

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
I think he might be our best puck moving D.:laugh: There is a laugh but honestly he might just be.

Did you just make a glaring error

230px-Andrei_Markov_-_Montreal_Canadiens.jpg

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I find this move to be very odd as we have little depth at the NHL level with right shoot D.

[table="head;width=600]
Shoots Left​
|
Shoots Right​

Andrei Markov|Shea Weber
Alexei Emelin|Jeff Petry
Nathan Beaulieu|Greg Pateryn
Mark Barberio|Zach Redmond
Nikita Nesterov| Ryan Johnston
Joel Hanley| Brett Lernout (1 Career NHL Game)
Philip Samuelsson (13 Career NHL Games)|Dalton Thrower (playing in ECHL)
Tom Parisi (0 Career NHL Games)|
Mikhail Sergachev (plays RD)|Noah Juulsen
[/table]

The table above shows that we have more depth at LD, 6 LD players have been used this year in the NHL, 5 by the habs. On the other hand, our RD situation looks very weak. If we are to lose Redmond (not saying he will be claimed, by he could be in the cross hairs of some NHL teams) to waivers, the next RD is Johnston and after that its a player with 1 NHL game under his belt in Lernout.

Here's hoping that he doesn't get claimed! :help:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Yep.

Barberio is more offensive than Redmond.
Redmond is more Defensive than Barberio.

I do not agree one bit. Redmond has pretty good vision and has made some very impressive passes. His consistency is what is lacking, thus why he is in and out of the lineup.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I was half asleep when I opened TSN on my iPhone, saw the title Habs place D Redmond on waivers and thought it said Desharnais on waivers, the mind sees what it wants to see :laugh:

I don't think he played that bad, being paired mostly with Barbarino isn't going to help too many D-men

Will be surprised if he doesn't clear

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Markov and Pateryn are back soon, and we have Nesterov now as well.. soooo, no clue what you're talking about as he's probably being sent back to the AHL this week.

You have no clue what he's talking about?

He's talking about Redmond getting sent down and Barberio inexplicably staying up.

Was that really so confusing that you were left with no idea what he was talking about?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Yep.

How come Redmond is outscoring him despite playing ten less games?

Other than the odd obsession that Michel Therrien has with placing Barberio on the powerplay what is the evidence you have used to arrive at the conclusion that Barberio is better offensively?

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
I find this move to be very odd as we have little depth at the NHL level with right shoot D.

Might mean Pateryn is closer to a return than Markov.

Both are ready to play and Markov is in the lineup tomorrow. Pateryn has been alternating with Nesterov and it looks like Nesterov will get the first game to prove himself.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Yep.

Nah, more like Redmond's a RD like Pateryn.

Barberio has 4pts in 25 games to Redmond's 5 in 16 btw. Can't really say either are offensive. Although Barberio is neither offensive or defensive, he's literally nothing.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Nah, more like Redmond's a RD like Pateryn.

Barberio has 4pts in 25 games to Redmond's 5 in 16 btw. Can't really say either are offensive. Although Barberio is neither offensive or defensive, he's literally nothing.

He's not nothing. He's a turnover machine :laugh:

:help:

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
He's not nothing. He's a turnover machine :laugh:

:help:

If he's bad, why doesn't he play bad?

Last two seasons at 5-on-5:
54.24 corsi-for%
53.88% fenwick-for%
54.67 shots-for%
55.33 xGF%
58.02 scoring chances for%

Shot-analysis models love Barberio. More intricate WAR models love Barberio. He's been very effective in his time with the Canadiens, and one can only hope that when he is eventually put on waivers we are fortunate enough for him to once again go unclaimed

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If he's bad, why doesn't he play bad?

Last two seasons at 5-on-5:
54.24 corsi-for%
53.88% fenwick-for%
54.67 shots-for%
55.33 xGF%
58.02 scoring chances for%

Shot-analysis models love Barberio. More intricate WAR models love Barberio. He's been very effective in his time with the Canadiens, and one can only hope that when he is eventually put on waivers we are fortunate enough for him to once again go unclaimed

Are you for real?

Watch him play! He's absolutely terrible and the most cowardly player I have ever seen in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad