Zach Bogo appreciation thread

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Nice fit for sure.

Especially when you realize that he's as good or better than all these other North division dmen:

VAN T.Myers $6.0m x 4yrs
OTT N.Zaitsev $4.5m x 4yrs
EDM A.Larsson $4.2m x 1yrs
OTT E.Gudbranson $4.0m x 1yrs
EDM K.Russel $4.0m x 1yrs
MTL J.Edmundson $3.5m x 4yrs
MTL B.Chiarot $3.5m x 2yrs
VAN J.Benn $2.0m x 1yrs
MTL B.Kulak $1.9m x 2yrs

That Myers deal is catastrophic, good god.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Also a fan. I liked this signing from day one. Now he's a solid #6. He knows his role. He's steady and physical. Very good with the defensive zone breakout. Also, a leader in the locker room and a smart guy. And like my wife, he's of Armenian origin. So is Kassian, but Kassian is a bit of a weirdo. LOL

Reactions: Cobra777

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I still don’t love that he’s prevented Lehtonen and Sandin - who might have longer futures with this team - from getting an opportunity, but that’s not his fault at all. He’s actually been really good all things considered.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Bogosian is only 30, he’s probably got until 34 to actually be effective. If he stays healthy this season, I wouldn’t be against giving him a 2 year deal, at 1 million per. He’s been a rock solid third pairing defenceman, knows his role and now has Stanley Cup experience.

Reactions: weems and Cobra777

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I still don’t love that he’s prevented Lehtonen and Sandin - who might have longer futures with this team - from getting an opportunity, but that’s not his fault at all. He’s actually been really good all things considered.
my ideal situation this offseason was for him to babysit one of them but can't complain so far.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018

Agreed. But if we can keep building up a lead on the rest of the division I can see Keefe starting to rest Bogosian and Sandin/Liljegren getting minutes.

It's more about fit than anything, Bogosian brings that sandpaper on the back end we lack outside of Muzzin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad