He’s the smartest, most crever, most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearirize it
Glass during every practice

Screenshot_20240313_185718_Brave.jpg

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
i'm ready to start calling BS on the "Jones is too small" shtick.

he won tons of battles yesterday against bigger players. very Fox-esque. He took an absolute wallop of a hit from Pastrnak (one that took Pastrnak himself out of the play) and kept skating and led the rush like nothing happened.

he's just been really impressive lately.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
i'm ready to start calling BS on the "Jones is too small" shtick.

he won tons of battles yesterday against bigger players. very Fox-esque. He took an absolute wallop of a hit from Pastrnak (one that took Pastrnak himself out of the play) and kept skating and led the rush like nothing happened.

he's just been really impressive lately.
Was too small/weak. Very clear he has put in work in the gym, the video room and on the ice. He is both stronger and using leverage better. He is almost like a TDL acquisition with how much he's grown as a scratch for 90% of the year.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Give me Jones over Gus for the playoffs. Feel like there is so much more defensively responsible plays coming from him. Gus will try and make something happen when Jones moves the puck to the next guy because it is the correct play.

One thing that has happened under Laviolette is that if the older guys that are here for a specific role can no longer fill it better than the young guy, they sit. Happened with Bonino and Pitlick. Gus is here for 1 season and Jones can be here for a while. This run for Jones has to open Laviolette's eyes on how much he's progressed and what his role can be come Game 83.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Give me Jones over Gus for the playoffs. Feel like there is so much more defensively responsible plays coming from him. Gus will try and make something happen when Jones moves the puck to the next guy because it is the correct play.

One thing that has happened under Laviolette is that if the older guys that are here for a specific role can no longer fill it better than the young guy, they sit. Happened with Bonino and Pitlick. Gus is here for 1 season and Jones can be here for a while. This run for Jones has to open Laviolette's eyes on how much he's progressed and what his role can be come Game 83.
Jones over Lindgren *

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Jones has looked so good. Hes such a good skater and so good with the puck and sees the ice very well. He was a man amongst boys skill/skating wise in the ahl last season. He’ll be our 6th D next year and at that cap hit it is awesome

NYRfan39

Dec 29, 2011
Players like Jones are much better in the offensive zone. The more offensive minded the Rangers are, the better Jones will be. He is a very smart player like Fox and knows how to keep composure under pressure and make the nifty plays, keeping the puck in play. Its when the team is pinned in the zone the flaws start to come out, not just Jones, but for everyone. I prefer skill over brawn personally, but understand you need both. Its a good problem to have the depth we do, but Im liking our current D core more than Trouba and Lindgren.
To me, Trouba and Lindgren are your "hard nosed" warriors but how many times do they kill the play in the offensive zone with a weak shot on net, or rimming around the boards. Fox, Miller, Jones, Gus, they all make those quick passes to make the play. I just hope they dont cut the skill out. The game is quicker than it used to be, the game requires more skill.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Players like Jones are much better in the offensive zone. The more offensive minded the Rangers are, the better Jones will be. He is a very smart player like Fox and knows how to keep composure under pressure and make the nifty plays, keeping the puck in play. Its when the team is pinned in the zone the flaws start to come out, not just Jones, but for everyone. I prefer skill over brawn personally, but understand you need both. Its a good problem to have the depth we do, but Im liking our current D core more than Trouba and Lindgren.
To me, Trouba and Lindgren are your "hard nosed" warriors but how many times do they kill the play in the offensive zone with a weak shot on net, or rimming around the boards. Fox, Miller, Jones, Gus, they all make those quick passes to make the play. I just hope they dont cut the skill out. The game is quicker than it used to be, the game requires more skill.
Good points. There's still the old guard concept, but I do think in the new NHL having 6 skilled guys who can effectively move the puck may be where we're headed.

Shame for some guys who played this way back in the day and were marginalized.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad