Speculation: Yzerman's first move.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
A 24 year old JayBo wouldn't have been a bad pickup.

I think there's still a massive ceiling with him, and just getting out of Buffalo could really help. I just wonder if that place is kind of toxic until they can get some better locker room guys.

Sounds like the new coach in Buffalo agrees. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets another season so they can get a better evaluation of where he's at.

A guy like Risto may not be THE piece, but he could be a great piece. The kind you want to keep adding to a blueline, as I see it. Like you commented recently, we can build a great blueline without a magic bullet Lidstrom caliber player.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Guess that Callahan deal might be off the table.

I wonder if the tightness in the pockets are somehow tied to the tightness in Callahan’s back...

Knowing what we have in Zetterberg, it’s hard not to sympathize, but really? The day that the GMs were supposedly finding out the cap ceiling?

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if the tightness in the pockets are somehow tied to the tightness in Callahan’s back...

Knowing what we have in Zetterberg, it’s hard not to sympathize, but really? The day that the GMs were supposedly finding out the cap ceiling?

Definitely understand your skepticism, but Callahan is only 34 and he wasn't on a backdiving contract. He was due to make 4.7m in real money this year, and certainly would be able to get another contract after this one ran out. There's no way he does this if he isn't actually hurt.

Hossa and Z becoming so ill/injured so they can't play just as their real salary dips to $1m.....well.....

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Definitely understand your skepticism, but Callahan is only 34 and he wasn't on a backdiving contract. He was due to make 4.7m in real money this year, and certainly would be able to get another contract after this one ran out. There's no way he does this if he isn't actually hurt.

Hossa and Z becoming so ill/injured so they can't play just as their real salary dips to $1m.....well.....

Just a perfect wave of events the day they find out the cap and know they have to re-sign several RFAs, including a really high priority one, when Kucherov’s contract goes into effect, and half their defense needs new contracts.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

Callahan's had enough injury touble over the past few years that I believe this is a real problem. I imagine it's only career ending because he was about to get traded to a bad team though.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Callahan's had enough injury touble over the past few years that I believe this is a real problem. I imagine it's only career ending because he was about to get traded to a bad team though.

That’s fine. And I do believe we are too doubtful, I just think the timing is terrible. It didn’t need to be announced today.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Are you questioning Z's integrity or the team's or both?

Z was still the best player on the ice and the captain. If he could play I assume he would have. You obviously have a healthy back, got forbid you blow a disk then you'll know why he quit.

I don't idolize sports players, but a few of them certainly get my respect. Z has always been a class act, I have no reason to doubt anything he says. Unlike Hossa, who's just a w hore.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jack Hughes and PK Subban in off-season....

I’m not salty, I swear.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Jack Hughes and PK Subban in off-season....

I’m not salty, I swear.
Trouba and Subban both go relatively cheap, and we're nowhere to be found... Was this thread some kind of jinx? Can somebody please start an 'Yzerman will never get a #1 dman' thread please? :help:

With the win streak finishing us just ahead of Jersey and them getting a #1 dman this feels like the offseason we could have had.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I don't see how Subban would be a fit for us when hes 30. Why give up anything for a guy who will be at least 34(also a ufa) before the team may start turning into something. Yzerman already said hes not gonna make a move just to do it. Come on guys.
Some of the best dmen in the game right now are in their mid-30s, Giordano/Burns/Suter/Weber. Subban's not going to be a bad player at 34. Maybe not the type of fit that you pay a huge price for, but he went for basically nothing.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So, Buffalo now has 5 RHD in the fold with Miller. If Ristolainen's on the way out, I hope Yzerman's interested.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Didn’t really know where to put this, but we got Carolina’s 2nd video coach. Heard Waddell say it in the Aho offer sheet press conference.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Didn’t really know where to put this, but we got Carolina’s 2nd video coach. Heard Waddell say it in the Aho offer sheet press conference.

Why the heck would he mention something like that? Weird!

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Does anyone know if this Edm retained salary in the Lucic deal? Why the hell would the flames do this deal otherwise?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Every Red Wings fan right now...

1r5o7y.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad