Yzerman speaks before the Draft

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Both times Yzerman spoke about the upcoming prospects he's not mentioned Cholowski. Not sure if I should read into that.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Defense is going to be awful next year with or without Kronwall, so might as well save some cash.

Hopefully that cleanse of half our defense happens next off-season.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Both times Yzerman spoke about the upcoming prospects he's not mentioned Cholowski. Not sure if I should read into that.

He's mentioned Hronek and McIsaac but not Cholowski. It does seem strange to skip over Cholowski yet mention McIsaac, seeing how Cholo has actually played in the NHL. I think you can read into it for sure. GMs speak in an almost scripted manner, so I think what they don't say can be more telling than what they do say. That doesn't mean Cholo isn't going to make the team or anything but there is something going on for him to not mention the kid.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
He's mentioned Hronek and McIsaac but not Cholowski. It does seem strange to skip over Cholowski yet mention McIsaac, seeing how Cholo has actually played in the NHL. I think you can read into it for sure. GMs speak in an almost scripted manner, so I think what they don't say can be more telling than what they do say. That doesn't mean Cholo isn't going to make the team or anything but there is something going on for him to not mention the kid.

IIRC he mentioned Cholowski at his opening press conference as a good prospect.

Reactions: Retire91

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Interesting not sure if there is a read on that or not maybe Yzerman doesn't look at Cholowski as a prospect and more a larger part of the plan so he doesn't really come up in prospect related comments.

I hope Kronwall doesn't get re-signed and I don't mean any disrespect to the player. But the state of his hockey wouldn't warrant whatever his salary would be and he is another Holland era contract that just needs to expire so the team can move on. Re-signing him would be a disturbing sign to me that the era of country club contracts could continue and with Yzerman I seriously hope we aren't going there. The team is going to be terrible with or without him so its not a make or break move unless they gave him 4 years or something which would be the worst case. I am hoping they don't extend an offer it would be a good indication of responsible asset management IMO

Reactions: Mister Ed

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Defense is going to be awful next year with or without Kronwall, so might as well save some cash.

Hopefully that cleanse of half our defense happens next off-season.

I could see Kronwall staying for 2 years, if just Daley and Ericsson would walk. Green could also extend, if he comes back healthy. Kronwall is still the best passer on the back end.

2020-21:
DeKeyser - Hronek
Cholowski - Bowey
McIsaac - Green
7th, Kronwall

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I could see Kronwall staying for 2 years, if just Daley and Ericsson would walk. Green could also extend, if he comes back healthy. Kronwall is still the best passer on the back end.

2020-21:
DeKeyser - Hronek
Cholowski - Bowey
McIsaac - Green
7th, Kronwall

You are missing one Jacob Trouba!:naughty:

Reactions: mantha39

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I really respect the guy, but I can't see Kronwall on this blueline. yes, he did have the most points by a D last year, but the speed game has left him behind.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Has zeroed in on 6-7 players at #6. Aka they have a list of 6 names and 4 of them are probably Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte, Byram. They will pick whoever they can get highest on their list.
Newhook , Cozens , Krebs, Zegras, Boldy , Dach , Caufield . How do you know who is the one ? I don't like Cozens , but he might not be available when we draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad