Youth Winter Olympics 2016 Lillehammer

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Eh what? Is this? Is all nations in this? Havent heard about it youth OG? Is Sween Canada in this for example and what teams are there? U16?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Canada beats Norway 6-0. Norway had only 2 shots in the game.
US beats Russia 4-2.

Semis on Feb. 19... US vs Russia and Canada vs Finland.

PepperoniSlapshot*

Youth Winter Olympics U16 Men's

Gold: U.S.A
Silver: Canada
Bronze: Russia

Congrats to U.S.A

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
That was a good gold medal game. U.S. defense was hard to penetrate and they were all active with sticks in passing lanes and quick to disrupt Canada on the cycle. Lots of speed and puck moving ability from this group. The speed that the U.S. has at the junior/youth level now is very noticeable, were first to many lose pucks especially in the O zone. Canada played well too, their D did a good job at shutting down Wise. Ryan Merkley was the best offensive D man out there. Whoever gets him in the OHL draft has a hell of an exciting puck mover on the back end. Will be really fun to watch him progress and play for Canada at U17 all the way through the WJC. Good tournament Canada, you guys played well.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
That was a good gold medal game. U.S. defense was hard to penetrate and they were all active with sticks in passing lanes and quick to disrupt Canada on the cycle. Lots of speed and puck moving ability from this group. The speed that the U.S. has at the junior/youth level now is very noticeable, were first to many lose pucks especially in the O zone. Canada played well too, their D did a good job at shutting down Wise. Ryan Merkley was the best offensive D man out there. Whoever gets him in the OHL draft has a hell of an exciting puck mover on the back end. Will be really fun to watch him progress and play for Canada at U17 all the way through the WJC. Good tournament Canada, you guys played well.

I thought Walsh and Wise had played together for a long time.

I hope Walhstrom is fine.

Last edited:

PepperoniSlapshot*

Ice Hockey - Men's Gold Medal Match - Full Game | Lillehammer 2016 Youth Olympic Games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad