You're the GM, it time to make changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC107*

Forget what a player can get in return and just put those player and management on the block. Who do you put on the block after a 1/3 of the season has passed? What are your choices heres are mine:

GM: Lou Lams
Coaches: DeBoer, Dave Barr, Mike Folignono
Goal tenders : None
Defensemen: Volchenkov, Zidlicky; Harold and Salvador and Fayne
Offensive men: Brunner, Tedenby, Josefson, Janssen, Ryder, Janssen, Sestito, Gionta & Clowe.

That's a sad list. Step up Harris.

What do you think?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
GM : None
Coach : Deboer (Not the assistants)
Goalie : None
D-men : Anton / Sal / Harrold / Fayne /
Forwards : Brunner / Teddy /

Thats it

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I don't understand why you don't have Harrold listed as an offensive man. Have you watched him play? Pretty damn offensive.

Also don't understand the thread.

Edit: I get it!

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
GM: Lou (will still keep him on as an advisor but he needs to enjoy some retirement)
Coaches: DeBoer, Dave Barr, Mike Folignono
Goal tenders : None
Defensemen: Volchenkov, Zidlicky; Harrold, Salvador and Fayne (whatever we have to do to clear up the logjam at D, probably wind up keeping one or two of these)
Forwards: Brunner, Tedenby, Gionta, Sestito, Janssen (These guys are the "passengers" holding back their linemates. JaJo gets to stick around as the 4th line center in Gionta's role)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't understand why you don't have Harrold listed as an offensive man. Have you watched him play? Pretty damn offensive.

Also don't understand the thread.

Edit: I get it!

Offensive to the eyes!:laugh:

cleaner claude

Oct 4, 2012
As far as trades go we aren't going to get much return for anyone except for guys no one really wants to trade.

Jagr at the deadline depending on where we are. Elias would garner the most interest but he's obviously not going anywhere

Volch & Salvador I'd like to see traded

Hopefully Harrold, Carter, Gio, Sestito are all traded/waived for whatever they can get

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

GM : Lou (we need someone who's in touch with "today's" game and can engineer a proper rebuild)
Coach : Deboer (we need someone who's know to have good chemistry with young players)
Goalie : Schneider*
D-men : Salvador, #28, Harrold and Larsson**
Forwards : Jagr, Clowe, Brunner, Ryder, Tedenby and Janssen

I would deal the forwards listed above at the deadline and pocket as many picks as possible. We aren't strong enough to make some noise in the postseason and we need to get younger threw the draft. Let's stop this patch job, swallow our pride for a couple of years and build this team the proper way. Btw, I do realize that Clowe isn't going anywhere.

* only if he doesn't want to sign a extension the second we can actually offer him a new deal.
** only if we can land a young stud forward in return.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
If I am the GM then why am I picking out a new GM :sarcasm:

If I am an owner I just put a gun to Lou's head and force him to buyout Clowe, bury or dump Brunner, trade Ryder and Jagr for picks prospects and tell him to get me a god damn playmaking C. I also tell him to move two of Zidlicky, Sal and Volch

What are some candidates out there right now to be an NHL GM?

Clowe can't be a compliance buyout since his contract is under the new CBA, so I wouldn't buy him out. If he gets hurt LTIR him.

MountainGoat

we lost two top 10 forwards in a short period of time and we need to find at least one legit 1st line forward to replace some of that production

I think we can sneak in the playoffs if we add a top 6 forward and get Clowe back but we need to find a 1st line player before the start of next season, we really don't have a choice
our defense is going to be too good and our goaltending is solid but our forwards need a big ****ing boost
-we either need to sign a UFA, there's some good names out there this summer and we have money
-or trade one of our young dmen, hopefully this is only a last resort

but if we're out of it at the deadline we need to trade Jagr, Zid's, Salvador maybe Greene and Zubby for young forwards/prospects

Owenay

Feb 9, 2008
Poinciana, FL
I would fire DeBoer and Barr on day 1. Also on day one I would waive Gionta and Harrold, then send Sestito to Albany permanently. Janssen can stay but he only dresses against division rivals and teams like the Leafs. I would try my best to get fair value for Volchenkov, Fayne, Brunner and Tedenby.

Beetlebum*

Haha, the people who want to jettison Lou are morons.

You realize everyones golden boy (mine included) Elias chose to re-sign with us because of Lou.

This has to be the most spoiled fan base of all time. Oh my god, we might be middling for a few years and wind up getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, the horror. Does no one remember the pre 1994 Devils?

Lou should be commended he has basically duplicated the blue print that brought us three stanley cups building from the net out and collecting as many number 1 dman as you can. He will make trades and sign forwards that fit the system give it time.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

You realize everyones golden boy (mine included) Elias chose to re-sign with us because of Lou.

This has to be the most spoiled fan base of all time. Oh my god, we might be middling for a few years and wind up getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, the horror. Does no one remember the pre 1994 Devils?

Lou should be commended he has basically duplicated the blue print that brought us three stanley cups building from the net out and collecting as many number 1 dman as you can. He will make trades and sign forwards that fit the system give it time.

This calls for a "this guy gets it."

This is the primary reason I don't want to trade any of our D and Cory. Yes watching this team is frustrating but come playoff time, this is what wins Cups. We will find the right forwards in due time.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Ah yes, the "remember 1994" argument... classic :laugh:

Do you remember all the ****s up he made since the lockout or you were too busy watching your Stanley cup videos on your VCR/BETA?

Was he a living legend years ago... absolutely. Is it the case today... absolutely not.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
"this guy gets it" = "this guy agrees with my opinion which is obviously right"

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Do you remember all the ****s up he made since the lockout or you were too busy watching your Stanley cup videos on your VCR/BETA?

Was he a living legend years ago... absolutely. Is it the case today... absolutely not.

lol this is a great quote. he's really losing his touch i think a change soon would be nice. deboer out as well.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

"this guy gets it" = "this guy agrees with my opinion which is obviously right"

:laugh: alright that's fair.

I agree 100% that this fan base is spoiled. I think firing Lou lacks perspective. I think it's a reactionary move caused by a "what have you done for me lately" mentality that, ironically, Lou created himself! He created a model franchise that really only the Red Wings can compare to the last two decades and now fans are upset because we went to 1 cup the last 3 years and missed the playoffs twice. Read that last sentence again: fans are upset because we only went to 1 Cup Final the last 3 years and missed the playoffs twice. I know Leafs fans who would give you their first born for that return.

You can certainly argue that the NHL has changed etc..., that's fine. But his blueprint is in place with fantastic young D and a fantastic young netminder. Yes our lack of an impact forward is concerning, Kovalchuk hurt that, but how is that at all Lou's fault? Had Kovy stayed his plan would have been nearly flawless. Can you imagine Kovy on this team in favor of Brunner and Ryder?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

This calls for a "this guy gets it."

This is the primary reason I don't want to trade any of our D and Cory. Yes watching this team is frustrating but come playoff time, this is what wins Cups. We will find the right forwards in due time.

Please tell me how we'll find the proper forwards in the next couple of years? Are we going to sign some stud UFA cause the only stud UFA we ever signed, got nothing else but a 100M$ that also saw us get penalised for that exact contract since we couldn't fit all the dollar bills necessary in the # of years we needed to make everything fit under the cap.

Are we going to sign more "average" UFA's that will demand more then what they're really worth while giving us "average" production threw out the year?

Maybe Matteau will become the next version of Lucic and Boucher will turn into Skinner and everything will be rosy in fantasy land, who knows.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
lol this is a great quote. he's really losing his touch i think a change soon would be nice. deboer out as well.

I don't buy the "Lou is out of touch" argument. I really really don't. How is Lou out of touch?

Because he's not going out and drafting a million young forwards like Edmonton? Heck when have we ever been in position to draft those guys anyway with the success we've had?

Lou recognizes that a certain style wins playoff games - ours. Strong defense and strong goaltending. We will find the forwards to fit our system and we will do exactly what we did just a few years ago. We will beat all of the one-trick ponies who lack discipline and defense and find ourselves in the finals against a complete team. In a 7 game series, anything can happen. We nearly beat the Kings with this model.

We would be in nearly the same position, substituting Jagr for Parise and keeping Kovy, had Kovy stayed. However, given the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his departure, we're one impact forward away from getting to that point again. Though I do maintain that even without one we can make some noise. We just have to get there.

We are not as far off as people think. Our future is not as bleak as people think.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Please tell me how we'll find the proper forwards in the next couple of years? Are we going to sign some stud UFA cause the only stud UFA we ever signed, got nothing else but a 100M$ that also saw us get penalised for that exact contract since we couldn't fit all the dollar bills necessary in the # of years we needed to make everything fit under the cap.

Are we going to sign more "average" UFA's that will demand more then what they're really worth while giving us "average" production threw out the year?

Maybe Matteau will become the next version of Lucic and Boucher will turn into Skinner and everything will be rosy in fantasy land, who knows.

Maybe the new CBA leveled the playing field? Who knows! How about we wait for UFA to find out?

It's not like we had trouble signing Jagr. Ryder was coveted and we signed him. Let's just wait and see what the next UFA brings. If it brings Vanek or Stastny or maybe a trade - who knows. Lou knows what we're missing. Give him a chance to get it. It's not like Kovalchuk gave the guy much notice.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
Corey Crawford just went down with what looks like a groin issue. I'm sure he'll come back but if the Hawks came calling with a decent package for Brodeur as insurance, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Even though I'd hate to see him have another team on his HOF plaque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad