Post-Game Talk: You're a mean one, puck luck: Jets lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Much better effort tonite than on Saturday so that's a positive. Monty was strong in goal. I hope they play him next game.

Much, much better effort. With tonight's effort they would have handily beat the Sens. But not quite good enough against a team like the Avs.

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
I would love it if Toby was off this team. He is so soft and Trouba is alot better and has played less games. Even his name bothers me.

jester24

Oct 27, 2011
Great effort by the Jets. Wish it was a home game as it was awesome! Great example of good Buff at forward, bad Buff on D (not knocking him as he was great tonight, just an observation Buff D lovers, LOL). Bring that intensity every night from here on in and it could be interesting....

BTW, the team again played real well with Monty in net. Confidence level?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm not so sure - Monty played pretty well tonight. I think we see him in the next game, personally.

Few mistakes by Mo now, hindsight 20/20 but I thought Monty should have played the Sens game, pretty sure Mo will go back to Pavs for awhile now.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Buff was pissed there at the end. Smashes his stick.

One of his best games as a forward, IMHO. Also, is it just me or does he look leaner than ever? Can see it in his face.

He was mad cause he got beat on the play that led to the goal.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I would love it if Toby was off this team. He is so soft and Trouba is alot better and has played less games. Even his name bothers me.

IM not a Toby fan but he did have a great game tonight aside from the last second of OT. Sorry to disappoint but Enstrom still a little better than Troubs at this point.

This post fact checked for truth.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
Hey Pavelec didn't play. Can we talk about the game here instead of just him for once?

Sure would have been nice to have one more PP. With the calls that went against the Jets it is unbelievable that there was only one penalty and the penalty shot against the Avs, especially considering we carried the play for a lot of the game. Bruuuuuuutal.

And I've never seen so many players get pulled down by one handed stick checks. The Jets must be super strong or the Avs are really poor skaters. Or they dove like a bunch of Habs.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Across this 4 game streak of games going 0-2-2

We've seen goalies post save %'s of .943, .939, .944, and .947

Something tells me that won't keep up.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets were the better team & Colorado got lucky.
Awesome to see the refs give them 6 power plays. :shakehead

I expect Colorodo to exit in the first round of the playoffs.
If you play them hard they are a soft team.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Dagger.

Love Trouba's mean streak, but that was a dumb elbow on Duchesne.

When was the last time this franchise had a player score a hatrick? What's the record for longest franchise hatrick drought?

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Thought Slater had a great game! I realize that playing with Wheels and Buff help...but even considering that I was pleasantly surprised. Great to see him step it up a notch.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Dagger.

Love Trouba's mean streak, but that was a dumb elbow on Duchesne.

When was the last time this franchise had a player score a hatrick? What's the record for longest franchise hatrick drought?

Eric Boulton, December 18th 2010. Minnesota was the only team that had a longer drought than us until Suter scored a hat-trick earlier in the season.

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Why do the Jets always play extremely well in Colorado? Is it the altitude? You'd think that'd be a detriment.

balkin204*

if we beat the isles and sens this loss doesnt even sting as much. i thought buff was great tonight along with llw fro kane and monty. we dominated this game. refs were horrid nothing new

kudos to slater i thought he played hard and above his expectations.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Once again we play the style our opponent wants to play....we have no identity and if a team wants to play slow we play slow...if the want to run and gun we run and gun....we are disappointing

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Best game they've played since the Oly break. Really liked the puck movement on their breakouts and on the cycle.

Beyak seemed to think the faceoff on Benoit's goal should have been outside. Thoughts? I'm kinda blanking on what happened that lead to that faceoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad