Your top 7 for the 2024 draft

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I see Lindstrom as the exact type of player the Hughes/ Gorton team are looking to add. If somehow they were able to add his size and skill to a top 6 with Dach and Slaf, it would change the direction of this franchise.

I would be willing to add assets to trade up to get Lindstrom. Obviously, it would be price-dependent, but I see him as the perfect fit, unless we win the lottery of course.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I see Lindstrom as the exact type of player the Hughes/ Gorton team are looking to add. If somehow they were able to add his size and skill to a top 6 with Dach and Slaf, it would change the direction of this franchise.

I would be willing to add assets to trade up to get Lindstrom. Obviously, it would be price-dependent, but I see him as the perfect fit, unless we win the lottery of course.
If the back isn’t a real problem then he’d be an amazing pick

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Speaking of winning the lottery….

Let’s say we hypothetically win the lottery and SAN José wins the second one….

SAN Jose calls up Hughes and offers pick #2 and pick #14……do we do it!?

You’d more then likely end up with Demidov at 2 and Greentree at 14 (or Sennecke)

Just asking.. :)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

You’d more then likely end up with Demidov at 2 and Greentree at 14 (or Sennecke)

I think you say no, you take Celebrini and thank life for your luck.

Celebrini in this line-up speeds up rebuild by a few years by itself.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal

Celebrini is alone at the top. No team with the first overall pick will trade it for the second overall pick.

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Celebrini is alone at the top. No team with the first overall pick will trade it for the second overall pick.
Yes and no, demidov skill is above Celebrini

Check this video

In 2024, you have

Celebrini and Demidov

ann
n
n
n
nnnd the rest

Lindstrom ,Buium, Levshunov, Iginla , Heleinus .Catton, Eiserman

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Nah, you hold on to that 1st pick since Celebrini is in his own tier.

Probably biased but Hutson’s father has been saying that Celebrini has higher upside than Bedard. :oops:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Not a chance....Hughes would need to be taken out to pasture immediately.

Celebrini is a franchise player and a much better prospect than Demidov. Celebrini's skating and shooting tools are much better than Demidov's and this is before adding in the elite leadership, character and 200 foot game that Celebrini brings.

Macklin is the closest thing to Crosby since....Crosby. You don't lose the chance to acquire a player like this to trade for Demidov and Greentree/Sennecke. Celebrini would make us a lock to be a serious Cup contender in relatively short order as we would have an elite D corps and an elite group of Centers.

I suspect you agree with me but you are putting ideas in heads that are going to come up with much worse one's lol.

Nah, you hold on to that 1st pick since Celebrini is in his own tier.

Probably biased but Hutson’s father has been saying that Celebrini has higher upside than Bedard. :oops:

I agree with Old man Hutson as Celebrini will be able to impact the game in all three zones better than Bedard will be able to. I would bet on Bedard scoring more but Celebrini has a chance to have a bigger impact in the win/loss column.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
The overwhelming majority of this board was happy with the pick and wanted him.

He looked VERY good in his rookie year considering his age and physical readiness.

There’s so much revisionism it’s crazy. He was really good in the playoffs for us. He had a lot going for him but he completely stagnated.

We were pretty damn pumped to have him with CC and Suzuki but he just never got better. He had moments of being an absolute bull in the O zone, forechecking and puck possession wise.
I remember "wanting" Zadina that draft, i seem to recall many posters in here trashing Tkachuk, like he was this overrated slow winger. Admitedly I never really started self-scouting until 2020, i used to just look at stats, and read reviews.

But when they drafted KK i was happy too, thinking he might be a Kopitar... year 1 he played great, brimming with confidence which gave him a decent y2 start, even radio here in Toronto talked about him..

He always look "wobbly" i thought that he just needed to grow into his body.. but man he must have pissed off MT bc he basically became 4th line bust by the y3.
My guess is, he just wasnt that smart, likeable sure, but clearly low iq.

This is why interviews are sooo important. I can say with 100% certainty that KK would not have been selected by HUGO.. and this is why having intellect as your GM can make or break a team..

MB simply didn't have the intellect to recognize when a player answers questions you can tell who they are (nothing to do with the q/a).. it explains the woefully inept 1st rnd busts all happened around his tenure.

If I was a gambling man, i would have put alot of money down on MB picking Michkov, Wright etc..

Which is why after seeing Slaf this year, i know Reinbacher was the right choice.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

No, as Cellibrini is franchise altering himself, aslnd would become our 1C right as we are Cup contenders, with a grizzled star 2C Suzuki!
I like Lindstrom, but i see him as an amazing 2C behind Suzuki... so even with greentree thrown in it's Celli hands down.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004

Check this video

Thank you for sharing the video.
In that discussion section (on YouTube), many people have said that Michkov is better than Demidov.

I wonder if anyone here have followed KHL/MHL and could give us a clearer picture and a good comparison between Michkov and Demidov.

If Michkov is truly better (as many have mentioned) and was drafted at 7th, then is Demidov worth at 5th this year ?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I remember "wanting" Zadina that draft, i seem to recall many posters in here trashing Tkachuk, like he was this overrated slow winger. Admitedly I never really started self-scouting until 2020, i used to just look at stats, and read reviews.

But when they drafted KK i was happy too, thinking he might be a Kopitar... year 1 he played great, brimming with confidence which gave him a decent y2 start, even radio here in Toronto talked about him..

He always look "wobbly" i thought that he just needed to grow into his body.. but man he must have pissed off MT bc he basically became 4th line bust by the y3.
My guess is, he just wasnt that smart, likeable sure, but clearly low iq.

This is why interviews are sooo important. I can say with 100% certainty that KK would not have been selected by HUGO.. and this is why having intellect as your GM can make or break a team..

MB simply didn't have the intellect to recognize when a player answers questions you can tell who they are (nothing to do with the q/a).. it explains the woefully inept 1st rnd busts all happened around his tenure.

If I was a gambling man, i would have put alot of money down on MB picking Michkov, Wright etc..

Which is why after seeing Slaf this year, i know Reinbacher was the right choice.

I don't know that the low IQ bit is accurate for Kotkaniemi, at least on the ice. It seems to be in between the ears with him. Apparently all he did to stay in shape in the offseason during COVID was play tennis. No weightlifting.

No, as Cellibrini is franchise altering himself, aslnd would become our 1C right as we are Cup contenders, with a grizzled star 2C Suzuki!
I like Lindstrom, but i see him as an amazing 2C behind Suzuki... so even with greentree thrown in it's Celli hands down.
Three 2Cs seems just fine by me with Dach there as well.Maybe Dach ends up the 1C who knows.

Reactions: themilosh

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
When watching highlights, its always wise to be mindful of the level of competition that your targeted player is playing against.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Look at the Canadiens' draft history. The supposed experts are usually wrong more than 60% of the time. That's how Hutson falls to the bottom of the second round and Kotkaniem, Poehling, Juulsen, Scherback, McCarron, Tinordi, Leblanc, Fischer, Chouinard, Ward, Ryan, Brown, Bilodeau, etc, are taken in the first round. Elmer Fudd could have done a better job.

There's a reason Montreal hasn't won a Stanley Cup in over three decades.
I have confidence in this group. I would say the produce of the past two draft are Slafkowski, Dach, Beck, Hudson, Mesar, Reinbacher, Newhook. If you think of it this way, it is quite impressive.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Celibrini
Dickinson
Buium
Demidov
Helenius
Catton
Levshunov

Parekh comes right after but worried about his defensive game, Lindstrom I would not take the risk given recent injury history, ask Flyers how they feel about Nolan Patrick selection. Iginla is overhyped on this board in my opinion, rather 10-12 range for me

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Celibrini
Dickinson
Buium
Demidov
Helenius
Catton
Levshunov

Parekh comes right after but worried about his defensive game, Lindstrom I would not take the risk given recent injury history, ask Flyers how they feel about Nolan Patrick selection. Iginla is overhyped on this board in my opinion, rather 10-12 range for me

Nolan Patrick had brain injuries.

Big difference between those injuries and the injuries Lindstrom's had.

Lindstrom is back and playing well after suffering his bodily injuries, so not sure how Nolan Patrick is comparable to Lindstrom exactly, unless I am missing something?

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Thank you for sharing the video.
In that discussion section (on YouTube), many people have said that Michkov is better than Demidov.

I wonder if anyone here have followed KHL/MHL and could give us a clearer picture and a good comparison between Michkov and Demidov.

If Michkov is truly better (as many have mentioned) and was drafted at 7th, then is Demidov worth at 5th this year ?

Different years. 2023 was a much stronger draft offensively than 2024.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Celibrini
Dickinson
Buium
Demidov
Helenius
Catton
Levshunov

Will be interesting to see if Calgary passes on Iginla.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Nolan Patrick had brain injuries.

Big difference between those injuries and the injuries Lindstrom's had.

Lindstrom is back and playing well after suffering his bodily injuries, so not sure how Nolan Patrick is comparable to Lindstrom exactly, unless I am missing something?
My point is that you never know for sure if the player will be back 100%. Not many players have missed so many games and been picked top 5.

Will be interesting to see if Calgary passes on Iginla.
I don t see that happening. CGY has needs everywhere so it s not as if they had to pick for a specific need and we know NHL loves bloodlines ;)

Reactions: 26Mats

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have confidence in this group. I would say the produce of the past two draft are Slafkowski, Dach, Beck, Hudson, Mesar, Reinbacher, Newhook. If you think of it this way, it is quite impressive.
A poster named “Habricot” (derivative of “haricot” = a bean) is talking about produce.

Thread delivers.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, I can forgive the scouts if Mesar busts.

Getting Slaf and Hutson in that draft that was supposed to be a weak year to pick 1st is looking incredible. Plus there's Beck and Engstrom's potential. Plus they traded Romanov and some late picks for Dach.

Then they followed it up with Reinbacher, Newhook (purely from picks), and Fowler. And then there's Bogdan and the Russian goalie's potential.

Really looking forward to this year's draft and offseason. Is this the first year we sign/trade for a more veteran top 6 forward?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Check this video

In 2024, you have

Celebrini and Demidov

ann
n
n
n
nnnd the rest

Lindstrom ,Buium, Levshunov, Iginla , Heleinus .Catton, Eiserman

Call me crazy but Demidov’s highlights impressed me more than Mitchkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad