Your top 10 NOT favorite Caps ever.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'll have mine shortly but I look forward to seeing everyone lists. I was going to go with the most reviled Caps ever but that was too personal. But still bring on the hatoraid.

giphy.gif

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don’t have 10, but I have a few that come to mind, in no particular order:

Anthony Mantha
- Laziest guy to ever play for this team.

Troy Brouwer
- Always first to call out his teammates, yet he was a complete no show in the playoffs. Trading him for Oshie was one of the best moves in the history of the franchise.

Brendan Leipsic
- Needless to say, terrible guy all around.

Matt Cooke
- There wasn’t much to like when he played for us, and much less once he joined the Pens.

Ilya Samsonov
- Nothing went right with this guy, and a lot of it was self-inflicted. Arguably our most disappointing prospect in the past 10 years.

Karl Alzner
- I liked him a lot, but hated the way he left and dissed the organization on the way out saying the Habs were more likely to win than the Caps at that point. We did win the Cup the next year, while they bought out his contract shortly after. I guess karma’s a b****.

Nobody else really stood out. I’m sure I could be forgetting someone…

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I don’t have 10, but I have a few that come to mind, in no particular order:

Anthony Mantha
- Laziest guy to ever play for this team.

Troy Brouwer
- Always first to call out his teammates, yet he was a complete no show in the playoffs. Trading him for Oshie was one of the best moves in the history of the franchise.

Brendan Leipsic
- Needless to say, terrible guy all around.

Matt Cooke
- There wasn’t much to like when he played for us, and much less once he joined the Pens.

Ilya Samsonov
- Nothing went right with this guy, and a lot of it was self-inflicted. Arguably our most disappointing prospect in the past 10 years.

Karl Alzner
- I liked him a lot, but hated the way he left and dissed the organization on the way out saying the Habs were more likely to win than the Caps at that point. We did win the Cup the next year, while they bought out his contract shortly after. I guess karma’s a b****.

Nobody else really stood out. I’m sure I could be forgetting someone…
Crap re: TB probably should have a 'Leaders of Men' suffix for choices, heh.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Ok mine is probably true hockey future style:

#1 Alexandre Volchkov - Three games played no points plus my life lost stat watching post draft.
#2 Jim Carey - Pet Detective enough said.
#3 JF Fortin - My hatoraid on 'wheel wheel wheel' is strong.
#4 Brad Church/Miika Elomo - Two first rounders in the same draft two games a piece.
#5 Sasha Pokulok/Joe Finley - I still wonder if the Caps had drafted better post lockout at the time how it would have impacted that rebuild.

Need to dig deep on the next five.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
1. Jagr
- Leipsic
- Shatdeuces22
- Matt Cooke
- Jeff "the velvet hammer" Schultz
- Varlamov (like him when he played for us but he turned out to be a raging a-hole)
- Adam Oates
- Gonchar

Close enough.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Jagr, Brouwer, Laich, and Schultz.

Jagr is really the only one that should be universal imo. Cooke has 17 games here, I can't really count him. Man didn't even have a cup of coffee here, he's not our issue.

Reactions: sycamore

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Alan May and Nick Kyprieos .. they were our resident "tough guys" in a tough guy era and they regularly got their asses beat. As a kid it was so embarrassing to have to live with that year in year out

Reactions: Calicaps and usiel

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
1. Jagr
- Leipsic
- Shatdeuces22
- Matt Cooke
- Jeff "the velvet hammer" Schultz
- Varlamov (like him when he played for us but he turned out to be a raging a-hole)
- Adam Oates
- Gonchar

Close enough.
Gonchar? Curious about that one unless it was the move to Pitt.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
1. Mike Green— I blame him for that Derek Stepan game 7 loss which was the most devastating loss for me as a Caps fan. If memory serves and please correct me if I’m wrong but that dildo was in the box comes out body slams someone and goes immediately back in the box and they tied the game. I was drunk so I could be misremembering.

2. Adam Oates (coach edition)

3. Jeff Schultz
4. Martin Erat
5. Troy Brouwer
6. Radko Gudas
7. Anthony Mantha
8. Kevin Shattenkirk
9. Milan Jurcina
10.Dustin Penner

Reactions: sycamore

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Erat
Jagr
Kiwi
Doig
Oates as head coach
Mantha

We have been to nice to goalies
Sammy
Jose Theodore

Ill update when I think of my last 2. Trade deadline busts are easy choices and I might go there. But I barley count them as Caps. Its really hard to put any of our drafted players that made the team on the list.

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
#3 JF Fortin - My hatoraid on 'wheel wheel wheel' is strong.
Damn, you just unlocked a memory for me. Met him at the Bears' season ticket holder meet the team event when I was 8 and he was literally the only guy I met that day who didn't say a word while "interacting" or at least pretend like he was happy to be there. It left a bad taste in 8 year old me's mouth for a while :laugh:

I also remember his answer to "favorite player growing up" in one of those "get to know player X" features in the program was "myself." :laugh:

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Gonchar? Curious about that one unless it was the move to Pitt.
Basically yeah. I realize it might be a bit petty but a) it's Pitt, and b) I dunno, I just started disliking him after that. Fehr finding success there was also annoying but it didn't bother me as much for whatever reason

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
1. Jaromir Jagr -- get a haircut
2. Anthony Mantha -- we trade Jakub Vrana for this?
3. Martin Erat -- we trade Filip Forsberg for this?
4. Justin Williams -- Mr Game 7 my a**
5. Dale Hunter -- I'm sorry, but the Pierre Turgeon hit was a black mark for this franchise.
Also a poor coach.
6. Marcus Johanssen -- for years the organization put their faith in this guy and he never delivered
7. Micheal "Circles" Nylander -- shoot the puck! pass the puck! do something!
8. Adam Oates (coach) -- clueless and a player killer
9. Craig Berube -- an impressive mullet does not necessarily make you an impressive player. Never
understood why this guy was a fan favorite.
10. Ilya Samsonov -- a disappointment.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad