OT: Your Top 10 Favourite Leafs Calls of All time

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Hey guys, I'm putting together a pump-up hype youtube video for the Leafs Playoff Run this year.

So, I have two questions:
1) What are your favourite calls or moments in Leafs History? (if you can include a video of it GREAT)
e.g. Doug Gilmour Spinorama behind the net goal

and
2) Does anyone know of any resources online where I can find High Quality HD leafs footage? Such as the old 24/7 and Blueprint series used to do?

Thanks a million, Go Leafs Go!

(Do you guys want to make a poll so we can VOTE on the top 10 leafs moments of all time?)

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
DOWN GOES BROWN of course was great
Clark's hit on Bell
Nikky B with the OT tip in
Clark squaring off again McSorely after hitting Dougie
Bless you boys
Maclaren and Orr rag dolling 2 Montreal guys at the end of a game
Obscure clip I will look for. A player tried to grab Gilmour for a fight and Gill jumped in and fed him so many lefts at the end of the fight he was begging for a right.

Last edited:

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver

I grew up on Bob Cole. The simplicity of his calls were like no other. He had the knack for bringing you into the Arena wherever you were sitting. No one built up the play and atmosphere like Bob (in his hay day). Him and Harry Neal were great together. I love also how once the OT goal went in, they didn't get in the way of the celebration itself. Let the viewer escape into the atmosphere of the building for a good 20 seconds after the goal. Some goals don't need much commentary. I think Joe Buck has the same philosophy for Baseball. Let the play do the talking.

I've included just the video of the OT winner by Stumpy, and the Highlight pack of the whole OT. The way Bob called that OT was so legendary

This one is also epic by Bob:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Allen Stanley, the oldest player on the ice, winning a faceoff in his own end in the last minute. Puck to Kelly, who passed to Pulford, who passed to Armstrong, who scored.

May 2, 1967, call by Foster Hewitt, the greatest announcer ever.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Allen Stanley, the oldest player on the ice, winning a faceoff in his own end in the last minute. Puck to Kelly, who passed to Pulford, who passed to Armstrong, who scored.

May 2, 1967, call by Foster Hewitt, the greatest announcer ever.

I think this was before youtube

Reactions: FreshFitted67

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
2002 Game 6 Conference final goal by Mats in the dying minute. Probably the most exciting moment as a fan I've experienced with this team. Everything since has been pain...soul numbing pain.

Reactions: FreshFitted67

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
It meant nothing but I remember Joe Bowen going absolutely bananas when the leafs held on to beat Boston for if I remember right was the first time after that certain unspoken of game 7.

Miss that passion

EDIT: found it, it's not as great as I remember it, he was just excited and kinda lost his voice from yelling. and my god were the Leafs bad lol. I think I just remembered cause at that point that time it meant something

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Cole calling Clarke's goal in 1993.

Home alone. HOME ALONE. Scores.

Then Bless You Boys

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
DOWN GOES BROWN of course was great
Clark's hit on Bell
Nikky B with the OT tip in
Clark squaring off again McSorely after hitting Dougie
Bless you boys
Maclaren and Orr rag dolling 2 Montreal guys at the end of a game
Obscure clip I will look for. A player tried to grab Gilmour for a fight and Gill jumped in and fed him so many lefts at the end of the fight he was begging for a right.

Orr and Maclaren were beauts
Love to have them on our 4th line 5-6 min a game and split the rest of the time throughout your line up .. I still believe if we had that , our incredible elites would flourish even more and play with a greater confidence and it would have positive results within a team dynamics...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra777 and Bust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad