Your TML All-Star

Swayze*

ugh

good question

going to be tough, have to wait and see, no frontrunners at the moment.

I think Dion was leading the team in points.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Lupul and Dion have both been to the all-star game before. Dion is having a decent season so far, so he should be in the discussion. But Rielly is the leading candidate right now, followed by JVR.

This may be on of those 'each team has to send someone' type situations. We don't really have anyone that should be considered a "all-star" the way things are right now.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Hopefully Leo Komarov and he breaks the convention that the All Star Game has to be a friendly with no hitting or intensity.

This in turn sparks Alex Ovechkin to takes a run at Jamie Benn who spears Claude Giroux who goes after Sidney Crosby - - and then all hell breaks lose!

Last edited:

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Rielly of course. I still find it intriguing that Burke selected Rielly after a horrific knee surgery and rehab instead of trying to trade up or down. Appears he and his staff made the wise choice, and considering big truculent American defender Jacob Trouba was still on the board, it certainly appears that the scouting and management dept. believed Rielly to be a special player.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
I don't think you're going to see much variety in here.

Rielly has been the runaway player-to-watch so far this year. For long standing sufferers, it's a hell of a bright light in a pit of despair every game.

Shwaguy*

Mo will be the one from our team to go. It will not simply be because we get a pity player at the game, but because he will be deserving.

Shwaguy*

It's different this time, we haven't seen him drop his play since the beginning of the season, new coach, lots of star Dmen break out in their 3rd season etc.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
I'm really hoping Kadri plays well enough to go. He plays better when his tires are pumped. Thinking an ASG would really benefit his career long term for us.

If i had to choose now, probably Phaneuf or Rielly.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Can we send Babcock? Is that a choice?

EDIT: all jokes aside Rielly is the right choice IMO.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Rielly. He's almost legit at that level, not just a filler for the "each team's gotta send at least one guy" quota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad