Your team wins the Cup. Who gets to skate with it first after the captain?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Mcdavid. Having thus accomplished all there is in the NHL, he seeks a new level of challenge - the art of passing to himself.

Really, he can choose whoever after his 10th lap. RNH, who probably passes to gags if he's available. Then Drai

Reactions: Plural

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Legit question, every year people are like rah rah if so and so does well I can see it being them but when was the last time someone got it first because they played good?

To answer OP - Gio for the Leafs, old and the guys love him. For the Preds there’s a few options - Forsberg or Sissons for longevity and being the last of the core that went to the finals in 2017 or McDonagh the veteran without a cup.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
if the caps win it all, they are going to call out tortorella from the stands, he gets to lift the cup even before ovechkin because of the last game of the season against the caps, he pulled the goalie, gifting the caps the must win/two points to secure the last playoff spot

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Pretty self-explanatory. Who does your team’s captain hand the off Cup to? An OGWAC? The likely Conn Smythe winner? A player who came back from a career threatening injury?

For the Rangers, unless someone really runs away with the Smythe, I think it’s either:

Jonathan Quick- Old vet who played a key role in the NYR winning the Presidents trophy
Filip Chytil (if he plays in the playoffs)- Coming back from potentially career-threatening concussion issues
Nope. Rangers win the cup Kreider will be the first one after Trouba, and might even be the one who lifts it first.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Parise? That’s a good indication the Avs aren’t winning this year. That would be way too weird to actually happen.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Has been through the decade of darkness with some terrible Oilers teams. Would love to see him raise the cup.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
JvR is a mercenary on a 1-year contract and is a healthy scratch anyway. He'll be early in the order but not first.

I see it going to the tenured vet core first: Marchand>McAvoy>Carlo>Pasta>Debrusk>Grzelcyk, and from there you get into the vets like JvR and Shattenkirk.

But I do like the Jack Edwards idea

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Legit question, every year people are like rah rah if so and so does well I can see it being them but when was the last time someone got it first because they played good?

To answer OP - Gio for the Leafs, old and the guys love him. For the Preds there’s a few options - Forsberg or Sissons for longevity and being the last of the core that went to the finals in 2017 or McDonagh the veteran without a cup.
Does McDonagh not already have two with Tampa?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad