Dzingel - Thompson - Burrows
White

Claesson - Karlsson
Phanuef Ceci
Chabot - Wideman
Boro - Oduya

Anderson
Condon

That is $70,187,500 in cap which means we have $4,812,500 to work with.
That is not enough so first thing i'd do is move our money.

Getting ride of Ryan would be my first priority. I don't know who would take him but i'd be offering Ryan + Brown for future considerations. Someone would bite on that.

That puts our cap at $62,937,500

Next i will move Brassard for 2nd rounder. After last year i expect his value has come down but should still be able to return a second rounder. I'm doing this to again get more cap space.

That gets us to $57,937,500 cap.

Next i go for a #1C

Tavares would be the target. I'm going to assume NYI is moving Tavares because they cant sign him. I will also assume they will look to rebuild and therefore will want prospect or picks. I will offer Chabot + the 2018 1st (which should be late round)

That will bring the cap up to $63,437,500 cap

Next up James Neal
I'd offer the second round pick we got from Brassard and Chlapik (HF sens ranked him 4th of our prospects)

That brings us up to $68,437,500 cap.

Next Up Edler. I'd offer the 2019 1st, a choice of Bowers or Jaros and Dzingel.

That gets the cap to $71,637,500

Last major piece is Wayne Simmonds. I'd offer White + any remaining prospect / 2019 2nd

That brings the cap to $75,612,500

Obviously that is over the cap so i'd look to move Chris Wideman and Mark Borowiecki using the remaining prospects. both are on the last year of their contracts and are cheap so there should be no problems.

That is at 73,712,500

That gives us a final lineup of
Hoffman - Tavares - Stone
Neal - Turris - Simmonds
Smith - JGP - Pyatt
MacArthur- Thompson - Burrows

Edler - Karlsson
Phanuef - Ceci
Claesson - Harpur
Oduya

Anderson
Condon

I think this team can win the cup.

Last edited:

AboveandBeyond

Jun 1, 2013
Hollows Edge
]Leafs - Kings​

Connor Brown, Jeremy Bracco, Travis Dermott,1st (2018), 2nd (2018), 2nd (2020)
for
Drew Doughty

Leafs - Blue Jackets

Tyler Bozak, Adam Brooks, 3rd, 2nd 2019
for
Boone Jenner

Leafs - Canucks

2019 1st, Carl Grundstrom, Andrew Nielson
for
Chris Tanev (25% ret)

Sign John Tavares as a FA next summer

Jenner - Matthews - Marner
VanRiemsdyk - Tavares - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kappanen
Martin - Komarov - Hyman/Leivo

Rielly - Doughty
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Hainsey/Carrick - Tanev

Anderson

It's like your floating in the clouds filled with rainbows and unicorns

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
For Dallas it would be trading for an Elite LHD. We would have to trade Hieskanen in a package for sure.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Hanzal - Spezza
Roussel - Faksa - Ritchie
Shore - Dickinson - Pitlick
McKenzie - Cracknell

OEL/Mcdonagh/Ect - Klingberg
Methot - Honka
Lindell - Johns
Oleksiak

Bishop
Lehtonen

Some variation of Heiskanen, Guryanov, Tufte, Hintz would have to be going the other way.

besides unloading Marc Staal in a $ deal, the best deals are
something around
McDonagh for MacKinnon
and
Zuc for SReinhart

if NY could add MacK as bookend 1RW w/Kreider at 1LW, and use Miller as a speedy 1C, that would be a dominant first line

another speedster we covet if available would be Larkin, and since he is Detroit favorite son, there is zero chance he is moved, even if there was a good deal that also helped them w/cap hell.

===========

that said, I would indulge Dallas and do
Heiskanen, Guryanov,+ Pitlick
for
McD, Desharnais, and a +

McD is a 4.7 sweetheart deal, but only this season and next
after which he is up for grabs

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Well first of all, I'm from Finland and yes, Finnish is my native tongue.

But please, read my first post again, and read it carefully please. Hint: the part after both trade proposals.

I really don't want to read about what you think is possible or impossible if I already made that clear after proposals. Reading comprehension. So the "attack" was also for you to read, coach.

I'll clarify: that was the best offer that Blackhawks could make for Trouba and Pacioretty which are the players I think would put the Blackhawks over the top. But yes, the paragraph after those proposals. Yes.

Alright then. So I'm going to point out that I did notice that you unnecessarily stated the obvious which is that Chevy would never accept a steaming pile of trash for a 23 year-old 1RHD. What I'm pointing out is that it simply doesn't matter what Chicago would offer, they can't afford Trouba with the assets they currently possess.

You see how that's different, right? If the Hawks really wanted Trouba, I would suggest figuring out what the Jets might want in a package from a 3rd team and trading Kane for that package.

you wouldnt trade trouba for kane LOLOL

That is absolutely correct. I would not trade Trouba for Kane. Not saying it wouldn't be fair value, but if I have Trouba, that means I'm the Winnipeg Jets. The insanely high scoring and very young Winnipeg Jets. There is absolutely no need for Patrick Kane on this team. Even if we decided that we needed yet another scoring winger, his salary makes it a non-starter. We're getting amazing value for money right now.

Mark Scheifele $6 125 000 32G 50A 82pts 13.39ppm (points per million dollars)
Blake Wheeler $5 600 000 26G 48A 74pts 13.21ppm
Nikolaj Ehlers $894 167 25G 39A 64pts 71.57ppm
Patrik Laine $925 000 36G 28A 64pts 69.19ppm
Total $13 544 167 119G 165A 284pts 20.97ppm

Patrick Kane $10 500 000 34G 55A 89pts 8.48ppm

Or you could look at it like this:

The Jets are getting 195pts for $3 044 167 after you balance out Kane's salary.

In NHL '17 where I might be running a team with a stacked D, I might very well trade Trouba for Kane. If I'm GM of the current Winnipeg Jets, no chance at all.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Alright then. So I'm going to point out that I did notice that you unnecessarily stated the obvious which is that Chevy would never accept a steaming pile of trash for a 23 year-old 1RHD. What I'm pointing out is that it simply doesn't matter what Chicago would offer, they can't afford Trouba with the assets they currently possess.

You see how that's different, right? If the Hawks really wanted Trouba, I would suggest figuring out what the Jets might want in a package from a 3rd team and trading Kane for that package.

Yeah I understood that completely and I agree. I wouldn't trade Trouba for Kane either given Jets situation via forwards.

Something like Kane for Doughty and Doughty for Trouba is closer, but as Chevy, I would extend Trouba and go after defenseman like codename OEL (LHD) via trade. Jets have so much talent which they can afford to trade, but maybe it's good for them to stay pat and look what you have in Morrissey and specially in young forwards because some of them may be available in future because the cap hell is coming eventually. I doubt they let guys like Little and Wheeler walk.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
:rangers

Buy out Marc Staal

Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, DeAngelo, 2 1st rounders to NYI, forfeit any rights to bargain with Tavares as UFA in 2018 ( :P )
for
C John Tavares

Day, Graves, Miller, 3 2nd rounders, to WPG
for
D Jacob Trouba

Sign RW Jaromir Jagr, C Matt Cullen (both 1yr, 1mill)

Kreider - Tavares - Nash
Buchnevich - Zibanejad - Zuccarello
Grabner - Hayes - Jagr
Vesey - Cullen - Fast

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Smith
Trouba - Holden

Lundqvist

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
:rangers

Buy out Marc Staal

Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, DeAngelo, 2 1st rounders to NYI, forfeit any rights to bargain with Tavares as UFA in 2018 ( :P )
for
C John Tavares

Day, Graves, Miller, 3 2nd rounders, to WPG
for
D Jacob Trouba

Sign RW Jaromir Jagr, C Matt Cullen (both 1yr, 1mill)

Kreider - Tavares - Nash
Buchnevich - Zibanejad - Zuccarello
Grabner - Hayes - Jagr
Vesey - Cullen - Fast

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Smith
Trouba - Holden

Lundqvist

Fat chance that the Isles would ever trade Tavares to the Rags.

And no way Trouba is going to the Rags, Without Brady Skjei going to the Jets at least.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Tomas Plekanec for Jamie McGinn (at 2.5 million) + 2018 3rd

Michael McCarron + Noah Juulsen + 2018 3rd for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

2018 1st + Nikita Scherbak + Brandon Davidson for Jake Muzzin

Max Pacioretty - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Brendan Gallagher
Jonathan Drouin - Alex Galchenyuk - Andrew Shaw
Paul Byron - Phillip Danault - Arturri Lekhonen
Jacob De La Rose - Torrey Mitchell - Jamie McGinn

Jake Muzzin - Shea Weber
Karl Alzner - Jeff Petry
David Schlemko - Jordie Benn

Carey Price
Al Montoya

I think this is actually the best Montreal can do with it's available assets.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Bruins

For one year of Tavares - 1st 2018, Carlo + something else

To make room for Tavares, trade Krejci, who has NMC, to Carolina in deal based around Victor Rask

Trade Spooner to NY Rangers in deal for Holden.

Start season with

Beleskey - Tavares - Pastrnak

Marchand - Bergeron - Backes

Vatrano - Rask - rookie ????

4th line full of Schaller, Kuraly, Nash, Acciari etc.

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - McQuaid
Holden - Miller
Postma

Rask
Khudobin

So for our Hail Mary attempt at the Cup we need a healthy and productive Chara and for McAvoy to play like a seasoned vet. Might need to make another deal to get under salary cap.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well if the idea is to sell farm to make best possible team and not worry about the future, I went for team chemistry.

Colorado: Jones + 1st + Cogliano for Landeskog

New Jersey:Vatanen + Bieska + 4th for Henrique, I think most devil fans were okay with the idea of vatanen for Henrique and a 2nd(maybe even more so now that they have a new center toy) , so instead of a 2nd they take back bieskas contract with a 4th round pick.

Vegas: 2nd + Terry/Pettersson(choose 1) for David Perron

Vancouver: Sam Steel + Mahura for Chris Tanev(w/1 mil retained)

Forwards:
Perron (3.75)- Getzlaf(8.25) - Eaves(3.15)
Landeskog(5.6) -Kesler(6.8)- Silfverberg(3.75)
Rakell(3.80)- Henrique(4.0) - Perry(8.63)
Ritchie(1.65) - Vermette(1.8) - Wagner(1.0)

Defense:
Lindholm(5.25) + Montour(1.0)
Fowler(4.0) + Tanev(3.45)
Larsson(1.0) + Manson(1.0)

Gibson(2.3)
Miller(2.0)

Total Cap Hit: 73.88
Idk if the new jersey trade was allowed in the rules, but if I was making best possible team using my assets id be trying to get rid of bieska that's for sure. If future was taken into consideration I prob wouldn't do the vancouvr trade. Mostly only made trades with teams that are likely trying to be lottery teams next season, so would be willing to do deals for picks/prospects

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
William Nylander + Andrew Nielsen + 2018 1st for Drew Doughty
Nazem Kadri + Travis Dermott + Conditional 2019 2nd for Unsigned John Tavares
Eric Fehr + Martin Marincin for 7th Round Pick in 2023
Jeremy Bracco + SJS 2nd for James Neal

Patrick Marleau - Auston Matthews - Kasperi Kapanen
James van Riemsdyk - John Tavares - Mitch Marner
James Neal - Tyler Bozak - Connor Brown
Leo Komarov - Dominic Moore - Joshua Leivo

Morgan Rielly - Drew Doughty
Jake Gardiner - Nikita Zaitsev
Ron Hainsey - Connor Carrick

Freddy Andersen

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
:stars

Not paying attention to the cap, but it would make them instant favorites:

Trade Heiskanen, Gurianov, Bayreuther, a 2019 first for Drew Doughty.
Trade Shore, Johns and a 2018 first for Wayne Simmonds.
Trade Dickenson, Tufte, Hintz and Oleksiak for Mark Giordano.

Convince Nichushkin to come over a year earlier.

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Brett Ritchie
Wayne Simmonds - Jason Spezza - Alexander Radulov
Mattias Janmark - Martin Hanzal - Valeri Nichushkin
Antoinne Roussel - Radek Faksa - Lance Pitlick

Drew Doughty - John Klingberg
Mark Giordano - Julius Honka
Mark Methot - Dan Hamhuis

Ben Bishop

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If I were Doug Armstrong I would throw literally anything in the Blues system who isn't currently slotted in the roster to NYI for Tavares.

Options would be: Thomas, Kostin, Sundqvist, Sanford, Dunn, Walman, Kyrou, Husso, Schmaltz or anyone who hasn't reached the NHL yet. Have them pick 3 or so of the pieces unless Tavares has an extension in place if that's the case take like 5

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Maybe I misunderstand the premise posed by the Original Poster.

He said every team had to push all in and ignore consideration of the future. I think he said nothing in the future mattered.

That makes every trade proposal that includes a draft pick invalid. If everybody must go all in this year, and nobody can consider the future, the value of every draft pick is meaningless. Am I missing something?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

He said every team had to push all in and ignore consideration of the future. I think he said nothing in the future mattered.

That makes every trade proposal that includes a draft pick invalid. If everybody must go all in this year, and nobody can consider the future, the value of every draft pick is meaningless. Am I missing something?

I think you're looking at this yoo literally. Draft oicks are largely considered "futures" and thus usong them in trades is selling your future as those WILL become prospects.

For me I think it this sould be more fun if we limited trades to players whobhave actually been runored to be available. Its nice to throw tons of futures at teams and ask for their star who you like but it isnt realistic. I see this as an exercise to show how hard it is to go all in to actually make a cup favorite.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
For Vancouver.
Sell team, use money to purchase Carolina Hurricanes and start again with a better roster.
Profit?

major major

Feb 18, 2013

It's not a "every team sell the farm" exercise, it's a your team sells the farm exercise. So the farm is valuable to somebody else, just not you.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
1)Coyotes- Andersson

Flames- Crouse

2)Knights- Ferland + Valimaki, Gillies + Brouwer

Flames- Neal

3)Blues- Backlund + Kulak

Flames- Edmundson + Kostin

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-Bennett-Versteeg
Crouse-Jankowski-Frolik
Kostin-Stajan-Lazar

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Edmundson-Stone

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
That is an absolute garbage deal for Colorado

Anyway from a leafs POV it all really depends on how good of an RHD we could get for a package involving Kapanen + Liljegren + 2018 1st

If we got someone who could handle top pairing minutes on the right side I think the Leafs could at least make a run to the conference finals. The have the forward depth to go already.

Can't believe no one has said an upgrade on our backup :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad