Your team is out, which series is your new primary?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Similar threads in weeks past I believe, but I’m sure there’s quite a few fans who didn’t expect the results we’ve seen...

What series do you focus on now based on everything that’s happened? Because it’s most entertaining? Because you have a second or third favorite team/player? Or rather because you have teams you really really don’t want to win? Assuming you don’t have time for each. Or are you quitting hockey forever until next season?

What changes in opinion since the playoffs started? Any “boring” series turn out more entertaining?

Sharks has been most disappointing series for me.. not nearly as entertaining when Jones stops it from looking like a competition. Really rooting for thornton

I’m Cap fan, but I’m rooting for the Canes if they win, I happened to watch them a lot all year... but mostly hope they lose . Clearly I’m biased but this has been one of the more entertaining series. Never thought we’d play the Canes when I was watching them, and defended their celebrations; Love underdogs and angry haters

My bracket has already been decimated so money is no factor this year lol

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
In order:
1) Boston / Toronto
2) Winnipeg / St Louis
3) Calgary / Colorado

4) Caps / Canes

5) Vegas / SJ
6) Nashville / Dallas

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Well...

now that Boston/Toronto series is a lot more meaningful as it is CBJs next opponent.

Vegas/SJ was up there but it looks like it will be over shortly.

Caps/Canes will depend on Game 4 today if it will go beyond Game 5.

All the other series are meh, but will still watch because meh playoff hockey is still playoff hockey kind of like bad pizza.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Well...

now that Boston/Toronto series is a lot more meaningful as it is CBJs next opponent.

Vegas/SJ was up there but it looks like it will be over shortly.

Caps/Canes will depend on Game 4 today if it will go beyond Game 5.

All the other series are meh, but will still watch because meh playoff hockey is still playoff hockey kind of like bad pizza.

Game 4's tomorrow.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Boston/Toronto since I hate the Leafs and want them to lose.

I have some interest in the Winnipeg and Calgary series, but not as much as I thought I’d have.

Reactions: Feniggles

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
In order:

Knights (I like MAF)
Canes (my gf likes them)
Bruins (I hate the Leafs)
Blues (I bet on them to win the series)
Avs (I like MacKinnon)
Preds (cool hockey town)

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The only correct answer is nobody. You should live and die with your team. Resume watching next year.

I wanted to say this too, but I'm guessing the OP means which team would you like to see win if your team didn't.

If the Leafs aren't in, I always cheer for the unlikely story.

1) Avs
2) Bunch of Jerks
3) CBJ

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah God forbid you be a fan of the sport second to being a fan of your team.

Anyone who shows an interest in the playoffs if their team isn't in it is a heretic.

I just don’t get why people are so hostile to people who have two teams or root for another team in the playoffs.

I have two teams. Rangers and Ducks I root for in the regular season and if they were in the playoffs. Rangers will always be my first team if they happen to face eachother, but I love the game, and want to get as much as possible. I like the idea of following a East and West team, because can get a double header of hockey at night because of the time zone and living in the East. :)

Reactions: HanSolo

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
So you don't watch any international tournaments?

Personally, I'm a Leafs fan and once the Leafs are out, I'll keep an eye on other series and watch some here and there, but I'd usually rather watch the Jays (even when they're bad) rather than watch teams that I have no real emotional ties to.

EDIT: That's me. If other people want to continue watching, that's fine.

As for international tournaments, I'm not sure I've really enjoyed one since the '72 Summit Series. And these days, I pay little attention to them.

Last edited:

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
The only correct answer is nobody. You should live and die with your team. Resume watching next year.

Couldn't disagree more. Playoff hockey is the best, as a Leaf fan and a fan of the sport I couldn't subject myself to a Leafs or bust policy for the last decade.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Thats right... it is the odd series that has 2 days between games.

That's the only break like that in the series and other series have that two day dead space between games, too. Nashville-Dallas had it between Games 1 and 2 and will have it between Games 4 and 5. San Jose-Vegas has one scheduled between Games 5 and 6 and Columbus-Tampa Bay would have had one between Games 4 and 5.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
I don't know about you guys, but I ritually destroy my television each year when my team is eliminated, and only buy a new one when the next season begins.

Wait, what do you guys do?

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I am looking forward to the Columbus vs Boston series. I am glad the Leafs are eliminated with 99.9% certainty.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is how I feel, especially now that OV got his Cup. Playoff hockey is too painful to watch after your team blows it.
I don't know. You spend 20 years watching this sport and in my case my first favorite team only won once. I prefer to soak in the sport while it lasts even if my team is out. Plus there are teams I want to see fail and teams that I'd be okay with seeing them succeed.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad