OT: Your SECOND favorite NHL team?

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
So, we're all hard core Islander nuts here. But, I suspect some of you have other favorite teams. Maybe they rate a notch below the Isles in your heart, but you still have a warm spot for the nonetheless.

Which teams do you count among your second-tier favorites and why?

Mine is LA Kings for the simple reason that I work a few blocks from where they play. I am also partial to the Preds, having lived in Nashville for seven years.

What about you guys?

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I've been a King's fan since the Hrudey, Granato, Robitaille and some guy named Wayne, era.

Went to the SCF against the Devils, of course its the game they lost. Still, the closest I will get to a SCF with one of my teams live in a longgggg time.

Go Kings Go!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I bounce around paying attention to different teams. A few years ago I payed a lot of attention to the Kings because of all the young guys they had, and I've followed them since (watching every one of their playoff games for a few years now).

Wouldn't consider any franchise as my #2 though, just teams that I like to watch play because of their players/styles. I have a man crush on Dustin Brown right now.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
The Islanders. My first love is playing. If I coached like some of the people in here I doubt I'd have time for the Isles.

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
Ever since Jimmy Devellano left the Islanders I had one eye on the Red Wings.

Geez I miss Jimmy.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
i used to follow some players i liked. Doug Gilmour was one of my all time favorites.
but i could really care less for any other NHL team.

i used to like the flames though but im talking late 80s

mullen, gilmour, otto, niewendyk, lanny

but now i dont really watch any hockey unless its the isles

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I guess I've always followed the Sharks as my second team up until a few seasons ago. I love the Shark Tank during the playoffs. Now I don't have enough time to follow another team.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
Jets then Sharks.

Sounds like something straight out of West Side Story.

But seriously, the Sharks are my number 2 team because I grew up near San Jose and followed them casually when I was living in California. I'd really like to see that franchise win a Stanley Cup.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
194854_hartford-whalers-logo.jpg

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
The hated Leafs! Grew up watching them, Mike Palmateer was a blast to watch when I was a kid. He had cool masks, was exciting. Became Isles fan in Bossy's rookie year, was my favourite player.

Reactions: Cameraguy

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
The Isles are my second-favorite NHL team. Mom from Long Island, long-time Islander fans in my family, team moving here to Brooklyn, huge Chico Resch fan, etc.

But as was said above, I like any team that is playing the Rags.

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
The St. Louis Blues have me on their bandwagon this season I just love their style of play and catch most games.

I'm with Bunk here. I became a big St. Louis Blues fan ever since I started watching hockey regularly about 4 years ago. I love the gritty way they play and how could you not love Pietrangelo a defenseman who can play both sides of the ice great. Steen is a scoring machine and the Blue's are always a team you feel the day after you played them. They play on NBC Sports quite a bit and later in the night so I can watch after work. I love physical teams and the Blues easily fit that persona..... Hopefully they can give us one of their goalies soon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad