Your pick with the 9th overall selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Can we just trade the pick if those are our options?

Anyway, Jost/Keller/McLeod are the best options after those guys based on what I've read. Each of them have question marks (although Jost could dismiss his with a good performance at the U18s).

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Michael Mcleod, but i really like Mikhail Sergachev too... It's tough to make a choice.

But i take Mcleod, because he has a potential to be a number one or number two center... great prospect.

Keller is a top 5 talent (in my mind), but i'm notre sure if Montreal want to draft a 5'10 center?

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Drouin won't be traded for a 9th overall. Tampa isn't handing him out like candy at a candy shop.

unless he carries the team into the 2nd rd, we all have to admit his value has dropped. And, let's not pretend like a top 10 pick is low value either

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'M not done in my analysis...but I said Jost. But Keller is right up there. Kunin not far behind.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Clayton Keller
It will be obvious to everyone after the U18. I'm very doubtful though that our management will pick him. They will pick McLeod hoping that he develops an offensive game, which he won't.

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
With the way this season has gone, pick will be 12th..... and MB will select a character grinder guy

I wish... the way I see it, somehow Price re-injures his knee which prevents Bergevin from making the pick for some reason. Then we get a press conference about how we didn't really need the pick, just a healthy Price so why are we complaining?

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Sept29_BCHL_MP_O.png

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Haven't been following draft stuff too much just yet but based on what I have read, seems we're likely to get a guy who's probably gonna be our top prospect with our 9th pick

So I'd be OK with a number of guys on that list, but probably hoping for Sergachev, McLeod or Dubois if he's there

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I'd be lying if i said I knew any of these players but what I do know is that none of them have solid hockey names.

I would consider trading this pick.

Edit: if I had to pick one id select the son of former hab Brian bellows, Kieffer.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Voted McLeod but I want to see Jost during the U18 as I know little of him.

I would also rather keep our 1st and figure out another trade for Drouin. However, if Tampa insists on our 1st, I may still do that trade as I liked what Drouin showed end of season (outside other issues).

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I wait to see who the top 8 are: If those are the names....I trade the pick without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad