GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Toronto Maple Leafs: The Final Goodbye

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And so ends another season for the New Jersey Devils, what a way to finish off the year! Let's first reminisce the good old days and pay tribute to one of the best Devils of all time in what might be his last game.

Patrik Elias

The name alone holds so much weight, but what he has done for this organization goes beyond words.

From goals

To assists

To everything in between

alg-devils-elias-jpg.jpg

5sp3iTE.jpg

tumblr_m5wmvo3t0I1rofs78o1_r1_500.gif

anigif_optimized-11548-1419403951-1.gif

We thank you Patrik, for your many years dedicated to our beloved team. This goodbye may be premature, but the message stands.

And in the house tonight, the man who built the Devils into the franchise it is today. Mr. Lou Lamoriello

This man single-handily brought the Devils to relevancy. He shaped a winning team year in and year out. A true mastermind of the game.

dynamic_resize

BN-IG025_nytan0_J_20150504181453.jpg

But while tonight's game may mark the end of an era, it also marks the beginning of another. In a strange twist of fate there will be three, potentially key, players making their debuts tonight!

The polarizing Pavel Zacha, the man many hope will be a cornerstone in bringing the Devils back to glory

529066_1435363143241.jpg

5435386_orig.jpg

The freight train that is Miles Wood, a force to be reckoned with on the forecheck Miles Wood's speed and aggresiveness knows no bounds

XQHWqCCL.jpg

And last but certainly not least, The Sheriff. Steven Santini has long be touted for his defensive prowess and well regarded mean streak.

Santini+Truck+Stick.gif

172023442.0.jpg

This is only a sneak peak as to what the future of this team, and these players, hold. Enjoy it folks!

Tonight would not be complete if we did not also bid farewell (hopefully) to the players that will not be missed

A beauty inside in the locker-room, Stephen Gionta leaves a lot to be desired on the ice. Thank you for your work but it is time to move on

gionta-1.jpg

Ruutu. Lol. Bye

14453165-mmmain.jpg

Toots, love the guy but the player has seen better days. The tribe has spoken, goodbye

jordin-tootoo-tim-gleason-nhl-carolina-hurricanes-new-jersey-devils.jpg

Though not on the team long, Warsofsky has made it quite clear what needs to be done.

USATSI_9211295_3r0jp3k1_2h5ull0m.jpg

It was a tumultous season, there were ups and there were downs. And while we finish the year outside the playoffs yet again, I can't help but feel a sense of belief for this team moving forward. The future is bright my friends, embrace it. Goodbye New Jersey Devils 2015-2016, it's been a blast!

5827268_orig.jpg

adam-larsson-of-the-new-jersey-devils-plays-the-puck-during-the-game-picture-id511711134

kyle-palmieri-of-the-new-jersey-devils-celebrates-his-game-winning-picture-id501017598

ricbobble1126.jpg

Let's Go Devils!!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
it's not definite it's his last season though!

Yup, it might be a premature goodbye but just in case :)

Also just a side note that I wasn't old enough, or a Devils fan at the time, to remember any big moments from Elias' hay day. Otherwise I would've posted those instead, but feel free to share them here!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm torn on Patty, part of me wants it to be his last game because I don't want to see it end next year on IR, on the road or in another uniform. But I'm still not ready to say goodbye.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
tonight, people will begin to see why I got frustrated when Santini was considered a throw-in on trade board proposals. dude is legit

I dont think I can watch this game live though, got work at 6am. ill definitely watch it after work tomorrow though

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Perfect GDT. I look forward to paying tribute to Patty (and Lou, too), and seeing Zacha, Santini, and Wood will be exciting.

For those of you who are attending tonight's game, what time are you thinking of getting there? (Not trying to be creepy, promise, just trying to gauge a good arrival time.)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't wait to see Zacha tonight. Is Santini playing as well?

Let's beat the Laughs, since they seem to be cheering for losses these days.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Leafs lol. that whole org and their fans are pathetic. talk about embracing a tank

cant wait to see EDM 2.0, as TML stockpile top picks and accomplish nothing

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I just wish Lou wasn't a part of that mess. Whenever possible, I try to forget he's there.

im pretty sure hes just a mouthpiece for Shanahan at this point

I really hope we pound them into the dirt tonight but they want that soooo....

just hoping for a good showing from the newbies :)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Wow I can't believe it's been 5 years since that

6 :cry: that was in 2010.

A lot of interesting stories going on in tonight's game, I'm looking forward to seeing what these guys can do! Nice to see some intrigue here, props to the management and coaching staff for all they've done.

It hasn't been an easy season but I did not expect them to be as competitive as they were in the beginning. You can't say anything more than this season being a success. Already looking forward to next to see where the youth movement continues to go from here.

But I sincerely hope, for selfish reasons I'm sure, that Patty is here next year. He deserves a full swan song season. But if it's indeed his last game, I truly hope him and Zacha make a worthwhile memory tonight.

LGD, always!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
im pretty sure hes just a mouthpiece for Shanahan at this point

I really hope we pound them into the dirt tonight but they want that soooo....

just hoping for a good showing from the newbies :)

Yeah, I don't think Lou's got much clout in Toronto. Just a sad end for him up there. Wish he had just retired rather than taint his legacy by going there.

I also am hoping that the fresh faces do well. Go Devils!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
No question that this season had exceeded my expectations but the past few weeks have been some really brutal hockey to watch and I'm glad it's over after tonight. I've really felt like I've been wasting my time and money at points during these past 4 seasons so it was really fun for most of this season to actually feel like this team was fun to watch and actually had a shot (even though it was a far out shot) of actually making the playoffs.

I also thought the crowds were pretty solid all year so I think the front office is finally doing something right on that end.

I hope the crowd goes crazy every time Elias has the puck just in case this is actually his last game. I wouldn't mind seeing him back for a reasonable 1 year deal.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
called work and told them to shove their 6am start. 2pm sounds much better :)

really didnt wanna miss this game :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1