GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Los Angeles Kings, 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Not getting to OT this year is killing this team. I like the changes on defense, but special teams are still a mess. Nemec and L. Hughes need to switch on PP1. Luke has gotten passive, and his shots are 1) weaker and 2) not accurate. Jack can float but he needs to stay below the circles. His only weakness is the weight of his shot. Its not a heavy shot (aka Holtz or Dougie).

On paper you have 4 30-goal scorers on this team but they hardly ever score first and rarely get a clutch goal.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
You are the guy who shits on every goalie after they give up a goal. How is it any different

if its a bad goal sure do. should i not?

If we miss the playoffs, it will be his DRAGGING-HIS-FEET in making the decision to "tweak" the system that was failing early this season.

Had he "tweaked" it several months earlier, we would probably be in a playoff spot right now.
if we miss the playoffs the blame goes to fitz for not adding a goalie back in dec when it was clearly needed. he took his chance with vitek/schmid going into the season it was clear early on it wasn't working.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I’m not a player. I’m not excusing anything but they don’t look right and it’s not like before. Something was off other than effort level.
You may be right they better address it for next year because they are not going anywhere this year.👎

we actually have 5 30-goal scorers
I think we are going to be the best team that doesn't make the playoffs 🤔

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
It's funny to potentially get the trash talking in the box, but it sure did blow up in the end result.

Jack will learn to channel it, or sure hope he does.

Reactions: palek1019

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't like seeing Jack lose his cool and start smashing sticks. He comes across like a baby, whining to the refs and throwing tantrums on the ice. Opponents see that and are deliberately going to try getting under his skin because it clearly works. He's inviting it on himself with this lack of maturity.
"I learned it by watching you"

Screenshot_20240216-091306_1.png

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don't like seeing Jack lose his cool and start smashing sticks. He comes across like a baby, whining to the refs and throwing tantrums on the ice. Opponents see that and are deliberately going to try getting under his skin because it clearly works. He's inviting it on himself with this lack of maturity.
I don’t mind it if he backs it up. Very disappointed in his final shot selection with the open net. Own it now that they got the best of you and you’ll be ready next time to go

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don't know...still pretty whiny if you ask me.

But he's the thing....none one did shit about it. He didn't stand up, his teammates didn't stand up for him, they didn't take the game over.... nothing.

He just whined on the way to losing an important game.

Not a good look.
He had the chance for the ultimate burn when he was hooked on that breakaway out of the box. It was a sharp angle but he whiffed on the rebound with a lot of empty net. I think that pissed him off more than anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad