GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers, 5 PM, MSGSN

What will you be watching on Saturday?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In very convinced Smith will be back for a couple more re years, minimum.
lol no he won't.

I bet he's not back here at all.

I would almost bet he isn't signed. Maybe he gets a PTO.

He's not only bad, but he's quite old for a player in this league.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Had no idea this was starting at 5. I spent the early afternoon day drinking and binging Peaky Blinders. Never watched it before, got through Season 1 and saw the first episode of Season 2. If this game sucks I’m going to bail so quickly.

That was a good show. Last season gets weird as some characters start becoming caricatures of their earlier selves. But solid up until then.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Green Day had a big following in the US from the mid 90s to the early 2000s. I enjoyed their hit songs. They might have the distinction of being the last mass appeal group of the classic rock era.
I never really thought of them as Classic Rock or in that era at all, but I'm sure they're now being played on classic rock stations.

For the longest time I felt like the Classic Rock era kind of ended around the start of Van Hagar. I always thought of 1986 or so the end of that era, but some of those bands that still made music and put out albums after that I may have lumped them in.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Green Day had a big following in the US from the mid 90s to the early 2000s. I enjoyed their hit songs. They might have the distinction of being the last mass appeal group of the classic rock era.

I guess they had their time. Their mid-00's stuff was terrible. American Idiot era.

I did like their energy though. Spirit of Punk wasn't totally dead at least....

Smith penalty lmao

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brendan Smith is such a great penalty killer, he kills the 5 on 4 penalty and turns it into a 5 on 3.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Flyers power play is HILARIOUSLY bad.

They're one of like 4 or 5 teams with a lower expected goals at 5 on 4 than us.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I never really thought of them as Classic Rock or in that era at all, but I'm sure they're now being played on classic rock stations.

For the longest time I felt like the Classic Rock era kind of ended around the start of Van Hagar. I always thought of 1986 or so the end of that era, but some of those bands that still made music and put out albums after that I may have lumped them in.

It's hitting me that 00's rock is now "classic".

Here in the UK we used to have "Dad Rock" cd's in all the supermarkets in the early 00's. Led Zepplin, Queen, Deep Purple. That kind of stuff.

"Dad Rock" would now be Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Blink 182, f***ing Nirvana.... etc

Jesus....

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I see the classic rock era as anything that would be played on any of the rock radio stations of the era from 1964 to whenever it died and rock stopped being mass appeal. Maybe 2000 or so?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
What I'd consider pop punk may be different than what is considered pop punk by radio/MTV standards, but yeah most of that sucked.

Blink182 and Green Day were decent bands early on. I never really liked them, but they were okay. I'm gonna say Green Day was fine through about 95. Blink182 was probably going downhill fast by 1999.

The other bands with a bunch of numbers in their names? Never, ever cared for any of it.

early UB40 is amazing.... first 2 albums signing off and present arms (they also released an "in dub" version of present arms)

happy to have all three on vinyl, they sound really good on my setup here

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Had no idea this was starting at 5. I spent the early afternoon day drinking and binging Peaky Blinders. Never watched it before, got through Season 1 and saw the first episode of Season 2. If this game sucks I’m going to bail so quickly.

That was a good show. Last season gets weird as some characters start becoming caricatures of their earlier selves. But solid up until then.

Cillian Murphy is one of my favorite actors but definitely agree with Saugus, the last season gets a bit weird from what I remember. I've watched the first episode and a half the last season so I gotta finish it but the previous seasons were pretty good imo. Also the actress that played Polly dying IRL hurt me pretty bad, she was tremendous in her role.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It's hitting me that 00's rock is now "classic".

Here in the UK we used to have "Dad Rock" cd's in all the supermarkets in the early 00's. Led Zepplin, Queen, Deep Purple. That kind of stuff.

"Dad Rock" would now be Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Blink 182, f***ing Nirvana.... etc

Jesus....

jesus.....and mary chain :nod:

Serious question. As bad a season as this has been, does Nico have a shot at winning the Selke?

its kopitar's this time

Reactions: Patrik26

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There is still time for you to catch up. Knowing how up to date the NHL is they will have Sum 41 play at the ASG in 2026.
I know enough about them to know they're actually breaking up and this is their last year on tour.

I only know this because a friend of mine that's in the industry was talking about it a bunch. He's not a fan, but has come into contact with them over the years.

In fact, I think they announced 2023 was gonna be their final year, but they still took on dates for this year and there were places I guess they hadn't done a tour yet for the final time.

Much like NOFX.

I think we all know from the 500000000 Kiss and Motley Crue farewell tours that rarely are these breakups permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad