GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (9-2) @ Edmonton Oilers (3-7-1), 9 PM, NHL-N + MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Gross said that Palmieri was in a walking boot and hadn't started to skate yet, whick really sucks.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Excited to see Lars again! I miss that guy.

This is going to be a hell of a tough game for us, especially if MoJo is a NoGo. Go Devils!

Reactions: Darkauron

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

No MoJo tonight I guess. That's rough, those lines are not the prettiest. We need to get healthy

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I thought for sure we were going to roll 7 D. Oof those lines without Palms and Johansson, we need them back asap or call up Q or Blandisi.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

No MoJo tonight I guess. That's rough, those lines are not the prettiest. We need to get healthy

Gttfw+projectile+vomit+_9a8f305f3ff8cd1a5281aed8d6da4f24.gif

Looks like some of the 2016-17 lines!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm sure we'll see plenty of mixture of those lower 3 lines over the course of the night if things don't look good at the start. Could see them trying to move Zacha to the wing and Gibbons down, moving Boyle to center. There's plenty of options.

That 4th line has worked well for us in prior games, hopefully they find that same success.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The lines are about the best we can do with what we have to work with. I don't hate them; it's just unfortunate.

Need Hall to keep rolling, and I'd like to see one of Zacha and Nico (ideally, both) step up and have a night.

It'll definitely be an emotional game.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Would’ve called up Blender or Q for this game rather than using Boyle AND 7 D.
I think its more difficult when they are on a road trip on the otherside of the map. I remember some teams would bring some possible call-ups with them if they suspected a player couldn't go.

DevilWithin

Feb 24, 2015
New Jersey
This is what happened last season. The team was doing very well at the beginning and then fell off due to injuries and lack of cohesion as a group. Hope the guys recover fast and are back in the lineup after this road trip.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
This is what happened last season. The team was doing very well at the beginning and then fell off due to injuries and lack of cohesion as a group. Hope the guys recover fast and are back in the lineup after this road trip.

This is a much different team, though, and the players that were with us last year have more jump than we've seen. I don't foresee some sort of massive unraveling with the group we have this year.

Regardless, yeah, we're a much weaker team with those guys out. Hopefully Johansson and Palmieri are back in the mix soon.

Reactions: DevilWithin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad