GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (7-4-2) @ New York Rangers (8-3-3), 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Idk how any sane person can put the blame on Bernier for coming in cold on the 3rd, making big saves to bring the game to a 7 round shootout, then saying he sucks and is the reason they lost.

I'd love to see anyone here go into the net(at their skill level) cold, with no warmup, having played the day before, with 5 mins left in the game, make big saves to get to get past ot and do better in a 7 round shootout. Willing to bet not one of the "goalie experts" can.

Some goalies are good at them, some arent....
Brodeur wasn't even that good at them, cory sucked at them. It is what it is in a skills competition.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
If you would have told me we would hold Panarin, Zibanejad, and Kreider pointless in regulation, I’d say that was probably a win. Too bad we allowed Kakko to have his coming out party.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
If Thompson is hurt bring back up Studenic (has 4 points in 3 games in Utica) and put Holtz back up. Tatar on the third line helped tilt the ice down there.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
How many were quality ? Honestly not sure...if they're just a bunch of perimeter shots that do nothing but end the Rangers possession idc.

I posted it earlier, but rangers had a considerable advantage in quality of shot as well

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Idk how any sane person can put the blame on Bernier for coming in cold on the 3rd, making big saves to bring the game to a 7 round shootout, then saying he sucks and is the reason they lost.

I'd love to see anyone here go into the net(at their skill level) cold, with no warmup, having played the day before, with 5 mins left in the game, make big saves to get to get past ot and do better in a 7 round shootout. Willing to bet not one of the "goalie experts" can.

Some goalies are good at them, some arent....
Brodeur wasn't even that good at them, cory sucked at them. It is what it is in a skills competition.
100% guaranteed that if Blackwood doesn't make a save on 2 game winning opportunities in the shootout you're calling him Cory 2.0 and saying he's ass. Bernier is far from being bad, we just needed a save there. Don't think anyone is pinning the whole game on him at all.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
People were saying a few days ago the schedule was getting hard and we would get crunched by the Panthers and Islanders. When this team is on its game they can beat anybody. All that while missing key players.

Honestly, there were fortunate those games despite the score. There are red flags going off…they need to get Hughes back.

You take 2-1-1 this week every time. I’m not saying you don’t. 2 points this weekend would have been ideal in term of the over all race. It’s going to be a grind.

Reactions: The Grinder

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Honestly, there were fortunate those games despite the score. There are red flags going off…they need to get Hughes back.

You take 2-1-1 this week every time. I’m not saying you don’t. 2 points this weekend would have been ideal in term of the over all race. It’s going to be a grind.
Come on... I know giving this team its dues is hard for some, but saying they were fortunate to win in those games is stretching it. They played good hockey against 2 of the best teams in the league.

I also like going by 5 games increments... 3-1-1 looks good to me in their last 5 ;)

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
A lot were quality. In fact the overall shot total is generous to the Devils.

C538058E-AEA7-4DC8-8D09-9DEEA73AF2C5.jpeg

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
He scored the game winner in the last shootout and was 3 for 8 lifetime. There are worse options.

I think his point was him shooting first after playing the final 2:11 of OT. Can shoot him 2nd or third to give more time to rest.

I don’t think it would have made a difference. They scored 3 goals in the shootout. That should be enough to win.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I think his point was him shooting first after playing the final 2:11 of OT. Can shoot him 2nd or third to give more time to rest.

I don’t think it would have made a difference. They scored 3 goals in the shootout. That should be enough to win.

Thats fair I suppose. I agree that it shouldn’t have made a difference.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I know this loss feels bad, but other metro had a tough day.. So it isnt so bad standings wise.

We would only be 1 pt behind rangers if we won that in ot/so.

Play good against ott and regain the ground.

Sucks we couldnt bury it in OT with rangers gassed during that extended shift. Weird decisions with the puck there!!

Camille the Eel

The shots were 41 to 27
It didn't feel that bad though. To me anyhow. I wasn't sitting there feeling that we were getting outclassed. We were very ragged and turning over the puck badly. A few of their shots were like icings that hit our goalie instead of crossing the goal line but more than that I don't really recall Blackwood having had to make that many tough saves after the first ten minutes or so. Bernier did have to make a few at the end to get us to OT.

I am consistently impressed by our ability to come back in games. After they took the lead in the third, I loved our first couple shifts.

It's so subjective of course. The statistics as you indicate are badly one sided. Yet I felt we always had a chance to win it.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Yup. Wish either Bernier made a big save on those last two... Or if Tatar didnt get skate from goalie we would have won it...

Reactions: Camille the Eel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad