GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (37-15-5) vs. Los Angeles Kings (32-19-7), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Just like.last game .... we will Statistically win at least😅

Yep not coming back against this team. Pathetic.

Timo Meier won't fix all of this.

Yeah good luck rallying against a team like this who knows how to lock shit down.

It's just one game look where we are in the standings we are a great team 🤣🤣🤣

Come on man

We couldn't hold on for 4 minutes?

Losing 2 points where we should got 2 points.

What a grotesque PP to end it

There's the kick in the nuts.

Shit power play costs the game.
1677248687790.png

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
It needs more regulation. I know a couple of people who destroyed their lives gambling. All young people. I have no problem with it being legal, just the fact we need it shoved in our face 100 times during the game.

Yeah, this cannot be good for the younger generation.

If the ads weren't so frequent and in-your-face I might actually give it a try - but I just refuse to give any of these companies any my money as the ads and constant odds updates have made watching games less enjoyable.

Camille the Eel

Still this isn’t the way we should want to be winning games. It’s exciting. But the results conceal some vulnerabilities. Especially come playoff time, playing consistently from behind, having to come back in games more often than not, and giving up goals in tie games with 4 minutes left (on wide open blown coverages) is a bad idea.

Reactions: My3Sons and Saugus

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Still this isn’t the way we should want to be winning games. It’s exciting. But the results conceal some vulnerabilities. Especially come playoff time, playing consistently from behind, having to come back in games more often than not, and giving up goals in tie games with 4 minutes left (on wide open blown coverages) is a bad idea.

the Devils were the better team for the entirety of the game last night. They were also the better team against Montreal.

Sometimes the better teams wins. Sometimes they don't.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
the Devils were the better team for the entirety of the game last night. They were also the better team against Montreal.

Last night was our 9th best xGF% share and 4th best SCF% share of the season.

We played a good game. Every team makes mistakes, they’re part of the game. Sure, you want to minimize them, but our mistakes have been going in the back of our net a lot lately.

Camille the Eel

One way for a better team to lose more games than they should is to repeatedly make the kind of catastrophic mistakes in defense that led to all three goals last night and to multiple goals against Montreal. So of course you try to eliminate them.

Right now we are doing fine and sitting pretty. I have no complaints. We are having a magical season and how we will fare in April there is time enough to tell.

23 come from behind wins and 9 overtime wins and multiple games lately that we tie 6 on 5 with the goalie pulled, should give us confidence that we can come from behind with the best of them. It also tends to lead to a false sense of security.

As a viewer, how I would love to see us have a nice blowout win against Philly.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Something that I hope doesn't get lost in things yesterday, our top forwards bore a massive weight last night and came up big when it mattered.

Jack played 22:50, Nico 22:24, Bratt 20:34, Dawson 20:09, Tatar 19:27. 4 goals and 3 assists came from this group, only Bratt was held off the scoresheet.
It's been that way all season. We seem to get very little contributions from the the guys in the bottom 6.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Tomorrow is going to be like a jersey retirement kind of night where the building will be celebrating something special from the past (2003 cup). This team really needs to just come out got in the 1st or atleast go into the 2nd tied. We can only come from behind so many times. I'll take the wins all day but it's been a somewhat alarming trend that we need to get over.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Love your work STI but it all comes down to what Grier values, he could see Holtz's skating as a massive red flag to take a gamble on a go with the "safer" player. Not saying it's the right mentality but I don't think he wants to necessarily lose this trade with a boom/bust prospect in Holtz. Holtz would flourish with more ice time wherever he is imo but for a GM who hasn't won a trade yet it's a difficult pill to swallow for your 26 year old 50 goal pace scoring winger.
Again, I don't really understand why everyone thinks Holtz's skating is a red flag. He's a fine skater, not a burner by any means but certainly fine for NHL standards and more than fine given the type of player he is. His issue is and always will be his processing of the game. He's got the tools, no toolbox. He processes the game two steps slower than everyone else on the ice, and thus, he always floats as he's trying to analyze the game and catch up to everybody else. He can't think the game at a high enough level right now to consistently be effective and use his skills to the highest level.

Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad